• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Lets Talk Exceptional Bonus Distribution

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As I sit plugging away moving my mouse over thousands of newly crafted armor repeating to myself "5,3,2,3,2" looking at bonus resist distribution I wonder, well I know, I'm looking for the holy grail. So I thought, I wonder what everyone else has seen out there.

A regular piece of plate(I'll use that since thats what I'm up to, feel free to drop your own) is 5,3,2,3,2 in resists, then the Legendary Blacksmith bonus of +10 random, and GM Armslore bonus of +5.

I've seen pieces that get the full +10 go to them, but I've never seen a piece that had all of the +10 AND some of the +5 in it. Have you?

What's the best base piece you've ever crafted? I'd say mine is a +0, +1, +2, I've never had one that was better than that. Have you ever seen a piece that was +0 +0 +0 +10 +5? or anything like that in any combination? +1 +1 +1 +10 +2? +10 +5 +0 +0 +0 etc...

My mind is squishy, hopefully I got my talking point out correct.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I have crafted a "perfect" piece before - I don't remember exactly what the stats were, but this piece was the exact mix of resists to get me to exactly the resist I wanted without wasting any. I think it took me something like 2200 tries. Luckily, one can collect 20k leather in 30 minutes or so.

I don't think it is possible to get all 15 resist bonus into a single stat, unless you were crafting a hat or something, because I think 15 is the limit where a stat is considered 'natural' and doesn't count as an imbue property. I've definitely seen plenty of pieces where I got something like 1, 0, 2, 11, 1 while crafting sampire armor.

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My biggest problem with base armor pieces is the overwhelming amount that have high physical. For some reason my last 2 pieces usually need a higher roll on fire and cold and it's so hard to get this combo. I've spent hours trying to get the right pieces so I didn't have to use a forge tool on the last piece. For some reason my OCD won't allow me to be ok with 68 or 69 cold resist instead of 70.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a piece... I thought I posted a picture of it here.... I'll try to find it.