• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Let's Party in the VvV cities!!!

Tinky Feetz

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Bring up that Guild Tab an join in on some VvV.
Bring your guildies, bring your wives, husbands, and kids.

EVERYONE Benefits...

On my shard most PvPers stop tracking, attacking, and killing sigil stealers. Why you ask? I'll tell you, if you kill them your guild gets
5 silver and everyone else in the city gets 2 silver. If you let them turn in the sigil their guild gets 100 silver and everyone else in the city get 50 silver. Same thing with altars, everyone benefits from everyone's actions.

Perhaps the Devs could add some tables and chairs to the center of each city and we could have a potluck dinner for 20 mins. Some festivities while sigils are being returned and altars being taken. The PvPers can still kill ppl to add that 2 silver to everyone purse.

Just remember that you need 2 non allied guild members to not be hidden in the city to stop the blue bar progression and viola, 20 mins of silver begins. You should average around
1800 - 2600 silver per city. 5 cities and you get a banner.

EVERYONE
Benefits.

I'd also like to see this system included with all the aspects of UO. What I mean is, let's say some people are doing a Harry in Shame, and I'm standing in some corner of Shame when it dies I too will receive stat scrolls, but only half the amount that those that killed it get.
If a group is killing Medusa or the Stygian dragon and I happen to be in the Abyss when they kill it, I should get a chance at the rewards too.

EVERYONE Wins!!!
I hope this message entices more ppl to join VvV, that way the PvPers have more ppl to kill which means more silver for EVERYONE!!!!!

This message, brought to you by a Sigil Stealing Stealther, who does not appreciate non allied players being rewarded by his actions. Thank you.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bring up that Guild Tab an join in on some VvV.
Bring your guildies, bring your wives, husbands, and kids.

EVERYONE Benefits...

On my shard most PvPers stop tracking, attacking, and killing sigil stealers. Why you ask? I'll tell you, if you kill them your guild gets
5 silver and everyone else in the city gets 2 silver. If you let them turn in the sigil their guild gets 100 silver and everyone else in the city get 50 silver. Same thing with altars, everyone benefits from everyone's actions.

Perhaps the Devs could add some tables and chairs to the center of each city and we could have a potluck dinner for 20 mins. Some festivities while sigils are being returned and altars being taken. The PvPers can still kill ppl to add that 2 silver to everyone purse.

Just remember that you need 2 non allied guild members to not be hidden in the city to stop the blue bar progression and viola, 20 mins of silver begins. You should average around
1800 - 2600 silver per city. 5 cities and you get a banner.
EVERYONE Benefits.

I'd also like to see this system included with all the aspects of UO. What I mean is, let's say some people are doing a Harry in Shame, and I'm standing in some corner of Shame when it dies I too will receive stat scrolls, but only half the amount that those that killed it get.
If a group is killing Medusa or the Stygian dragon and I happen to be in the Abyss when they kill it, I should get a chance at the rewards too.

EVERYONE Wins!!!
I hope this message entices more ppl to join VvV, that way the PvPers have more ppl to kill which means more silver for
EVERYONE!!!!!

This message, brought to you by a Sigil Stealing Stealther, who does not appreciate non allied players being rewarded by his actions. Thank you.
Everyone gets silver because this serves as a catch up mechanic for those participants that may find themselves on the losing end more often than they like. Thanks for the feedback, we'll keep it in mind as we make future adjustments to the amount of silver rewarded based on non-guild/non-ally participation.

Robin_of_Moxy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Everyone gets silver because this serves as a catch up mechanic for those participants that may find themselves on the losing end more often than they like. Thanks for the feedback, we'll keep it in mind as we make future adjustments to the amount of silver rewarded based on non-guild/non-ally participation.
I don't really like the latest changes that our devs have brought to VvV as some seem counter productive. However, this change does show that the devs are thinking about how to make the players as a whole happy. Perhaps they should have done it in a different way but, non the less they clearly care about the players as a whole based on Kyronix's reply here.

Thanks for that devs. Lets work together to keep adjusting VvV till it is a great game system within our game.

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like that participants on the losing end get some silver for the effort. This will encourage people to continue even if things are not going well because they are benefiting by participating.

50% seems like a higher percentage however.... maybe more along the lines of 25%.... 100 silver for a winning team/guild earns the losers 25 silver. Or in your average 500 silver engagement the losing team gets 250 which is enough for traps.. or save for other items that might reverse the situation a few engagements down the line.

-Lore's Player