• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

LETS HAVE WAR!

S

SUPRsalad

Why can't we have a war? Lets all declare war on one another! Namely, M and SUPR, but others would be welcome to join. C'mon. Lets take back our pre aos style uo.

Sagon, you gotta feel me on this man. I know you hate me and everything, but hear me out! You're guild seems to have cut the fat off, and what remains is the die-hard pvp core of M, without all the weight. I have to admit, you have a good lineup sometimes.

Come on, you know its going to be awesome. Lets take it back to the old days.
Do it for your men! Do it for all the trammies that need to see it! Do it for king, and for country! The spawn/yew/dismount and die to 20 son thing is getting boring.

We can try to keep it relatively civil and set a good example of pvp for the rest of the shard, and hopefully attract other players to try.

Please?
Lets face it, UO is on its way out.
Lets give it hell,
one more time dude.
pretty please? gimme my war!

S

SUPRsalad

and i mean, what harm could it possibly cause? The war feature is there for a reason.

if for some reason, it doesn't work out, and it sucks. We'll take it off. Come on.... please.. :bowdown:

S

suprshadow

you're wishing way to much.. Other day it was 7 M vs 2 of us and then 3 but once we had 4 there all the M ran away lol.... they are not. dont waste your time making these posts dude.

R

RichDC

Do it!

then post loadsa pics!!!

might i suggest that Brit bank(direct surrounding area...as in the 4screen of brit bank itself) is a "safe zone".

Got me thinking this should be done on all shards!!

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If we can keep it civil then count me in... I am a roleplayer as well, so this might work out well for me.... And I could finally promote roleplaying...

I found out if you keep the kills and time and ZERO when you declare war, it will not end till one surrenders.. I say we set up a organization, a forum of some type, and we contact the organization, the admins of the forum and say we want our guild to be involved.... Then on the forum, we give the guild a sub-forum, and then we know that the guild will want to be involved in the wars.....

To stop things from getting out of hand and keeping it civil is the only way a war would work, I say use the roleplaying rules of engagement within the "organization."

Which is

- Guild tags must be visible at all times.
- Do not force players to PvP, always give alternative options (running away, being taken prisoner, etc). In all cases, ensure players are not AFK or disconnected before attacking.
- The healers and banks are considered neutral grounds; you may not attack or RP out alternatives there.
- Make sure that any fallen players are resurrected and allowed to loot their bodies as soon as possible.
- While a character is gathering his orher belongings from his or her body they should keep their deathrobeson. This indicates to other players that the character is unattackable, and means the player cannot attack.

If you really want pre-aos style UO, everyone could agree to this..

- Crafted items in wars only, no magic or runic items..

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do it!

then post loadsa pics!!!

might i suggest that Brit bank(direct surrounding area...as in the 4screen of brit bank itself) is a "safe zone".

Got me thinking this should be done on all shards!!
Europa, Catskills and Atlantic do warring but it is between roleplaying guilds, not big massive zergs.... There is more community involved, it is more immersive and more realistic... And to me, that is pre-aos style of UO..

Feel free to war the following guilds if you agree to a rules of engagement..

Britain Trading Company
The Bloodraven Clan
The Guardsmen Militia

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and i mean, what harm could it possibly cause? The war feature is there for a reason.

if for some reason, it doesn't work out, and it sucks. We'll take it off. Come on.... please.. :bowdown:
I like the war feature especially for RP because I decide who I want to highlight and who I do not want to highlight instead of being in some massive alliance, and there is less administration..... It works great if the warring guilds can be civil.. And it is FAR less buggy than alliances are..

R

RichDC

Europa, Catskills and Atlantic do warring but it is between roleplaying guilds, not big massive zergs.... There is more community involved, it is more immersive and more realistic... And to me, that is pre-aos style of UO..

Feel free to war the following guilds if you agree to a rules of engagement..

Britain Trading Company
The Bloodraven Clan
The Guardsmen Militia
That doesnt help on GL :p

although i may well make a char to join one of these ive been getting nostalgic reading the white stag inn cove newsletter things.

P.S sorry for jacking thread

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That doesnt help on GL :p

although i may well make a char to join one of these ive been getting nostalgic reading the white stag inn cove newsletter things.

P.S sorry for jacking thread
I roleplay in the Baronship of Cove on Europa, it is AWESOME! And you should come join us!

V

Vandetta

not speaking for the people that I play with but sounds like fun to me. i am one of the worst pvpers in the guild but a new element to this game could be fun. if this is to be a civil fight and you would like guilds to join in then maybe lay off all of the s&^t talking. doesn't seem necessary to me. funny thing is the players that do it actually tend to lose the respect of the pvp community.
anyways back to the war idea, maybe a post on the M forums would get the attention of sargon as i don't believe he comes here much if any.

hugs?

MJ's Chimp
Bringing love back to uo one hug at a time.

S

SUPRsalad

i already icq'd him, but i think i may be on ignore. so. Do me a favor bubbles, tell him to come read this..

Velvathos, sorry but this isn't quite what i had in mind. Some of the RP rules are appealing, but for the most part, Im talking about full-bore WAR. I would love for you to be involved with these guilds, but I think it would just be frustrating for you guys, and i don't want to frustrate anyone.

The DOS guys should feel me on this. Dudes, i know your tired of getting bok'd by SON!

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Velvathos, sorry but this isn't quite what i had in mind. Some of the RP rules are appealing, but for the most part, Im talking about full-bore WAR. I would love for you to be involved with these guilds, but I think it would just be frustrating for you guys, and i don't want to frustrate anyone.
It'll end in a heart beat if it is not civil..... If it is constant ganking/griefing, getting killed or looted..

I understand the full-bore war part.. I am interested in warring myself, as I am trying to start up RP-Wars... Our orc guild and my other guilds have under-developed characters however, but we still want to do RP Warring for various reasons.. I use warring for better interaction like alliances, except I think warring > alliances.. As roleplayers, just because we see a orange name-tag does not make it a enemy, as we need alternatives, some warring RP guilds are considered allies.. We basically ignore the game mechanics..

S

SUPRsalad

yeah.. I don't think it will work. Its full-bore pvp im talking about. Res killing is part of it. You can't take a res if theres an enemy right by you..
of coarse, you WILL get looted of your supplies, but what i meant by keeping it civil is, if you happen to accidentally NOT insure your whole suit you just bought or something, the person who killed you would need to give it back..
No hard-core griefing. No &%$# talking. that kind of stuff..

other than that, its a roll up yr sleeves kindof a situation. .

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah.. I don't think it will work. Its full-bore pvp im talking about. Res killing is part of it. You can't take a res if theres an enemy right by you..
of coarse, you WILL get looted of your supplies, but what i meant by keeping it civil is, if you happen to accidentally NOT insure your whole suit you just bought or something, the person who killed you would need to give it back..
No hard-core griefing. No &%$# talking. that kind of stuff..

other than that, its a roll up yr sleeves kindof a situation. .
This could work for SHORT-TERM Warring.... To see who get the most kills in a certain amount of time.. But I am talking about perma warring and being orange.. How well would that work under full-bore PVP??

R

RichDC

Set it no looting in tram...fel anything goes.

Also i would say bank interiors(maybe not all thats for you guys to decide) are safe zones...there does have to be some rest...i mean even on siege there is safe spots.

S

suprshadow

i dunno but my tamer that camps out luna bank will have to turn on the ownage if this happens..

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Set it no looting in tram...fel anything goes.

Also i would say bank interiors(maybe not all thats for you guys to decide) are safe zones...there does have to be some rest...i mean even on siege there is safe spots.
Right.. Use a rules of engagement (my proposal) in Tram and anything goes in Felucca..

S

SUPRsalad

Well, its not much different from what we face daily. Lets face it. Most of us in SUPR and M play reds.. we don't do much with tram anyway.

The problem with setting 'safe zones' is that, invariably, the rule will be broken, and someone will be dropped mid transaction..

you just have to be careful.. careful of where you bank, careful of where you log. Don't except items in transaction unless they are pre-insured.

just be careful. use your head. don't res when theres an orange standing there.

we go through this every day on our reds, and I personally, have never lost anything but insurance money.

I get res killed EVERY day. do i get mad? nah, I get even.

this is war.

i want it.
sargon wants it.
the DOS boys want it..
they just don't know it yet.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you imagine what it would be like at a bank though?? Where everyone is trading/buying/selling etc.... It would not last long for blues in Tram.. Everyone who is a blue in |M| or FL etc.. Would probably be banking elsewhere away from Luna.... Fine by me though, we need to re-populate the towns...

Your probably right about the rules being broken, of course they would, but it could draw more people in by settings rules because I am sure most people would follow them, instead of having mindless killing 24/7.. This is not Felucca, it is Warring, you do not go gray, you do not flag or get murder counts, there is no gate hugging or protection from town guards, I have seen more, better and FUNNER PvP in RP-WAR guilds on other servers...

And with recent changes to the warring system, you may not know this, but you can perform beneficial acts on your enemy when warring, even if your guild is in a faction, believe it or not, if it goes to war with a non-faction guild, the non-faction guild can perform acts on them..

R

RichDC

I kinda see what your getting at actually, play smart play better!

More risk...and possibly more rewards *evil smile* (cant find that icon)

S

SUPRsalad

dunno about greater rewards, but..
the reward is more fun, less SON...

R

RichDC

Think about thieves, im not 100% certain but i believe warring guild thieves can steal in tram rulesets...so...they can steal from players buying from a vendor...where the items must be uninsured.

S

SUPRsalad

Like i said, carebeful!

I'd probably consider using a $$ character to make transactions for you, immune from the ongoing war..

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Think about thieves, im not 100% certain but i believe warring guild thieves can steal in tram rulesets...so...they can steal from players buying from a vendor...where the items must be uninsured.
You speak the truth.. There is many thieves in roleplaying, we always carry yellow bags on us for theives to purposly steal from, important things.. Like I once stole someones family heirloom and I also stole a message someone was delivering to another guild (it was written in a book of course.)

S

SUPRsalad

hhaheeha. Silly stuff...

but dudes, no matter what kind of negative implication you can bring to this table, theres a way around it..

theres a way we can do this without it sucking...

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll war any guilds agreeing to following a rules of engagement with me however... RP-PVP has to be casual, I might NOT be warring SUPR or |M|, but I will be doing warring that revolves around roleplaying.. Like I said, create a organization, set up a forum.. That is the best way around it..... Nobody has really done warring for a VERY, VERY long time on Pacific.. So this something that you guys would need to do right..

R

RichDC

hhaheeha. Silly stuff...

but dudes, no matter what kind of negative implication you can bring to this table, theres a way around it..

theres a way we can do this without it sucking...
I agree with you 100%, I wasnt tryin to make it sound bad, sorry if it came accross that way...i personally like the idea of risking my items to the unknown thieves or through stupid judgement...adds that bit of fire i think this game has been missing for a while!

S

SUPRsalad

Nah man, Im glad you're excited about it, but Im affraid 'terms' just wont work with the player base we and M have..

Just going to have to be careful. I think we would be glad to give it a try with you, but I really think you're going to get frustrated and get out.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I can't war without terms, there is only around 7 of us in my orc guild and 1 of me in my main human guild..... There would be no point, I would get slaughtered... Your right, we would get frustrated if we warred SUPR or |M|

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have any RP character or any guildless character and are willing to make a separate guild under my terms.. Then that would be awesome for my guys.. My Orcs can get more active again and we would not be as bored..

We're looking for people willing to make town-based roleplaying guilds..

We would also like to see a pirate RP guild, i made one, but will not have time for it..

S

SUPRsalad

okay, alright, yeah... *ponders the possibility* Ill see what i can do, because,
i just had a Looooong conversation with hag, and it seems Shadow has won 30million because my attempt failed...

I failed guys... My only hope is that her own members will see things my way and persuade her from the inside...

So yeah, it could be fun.

I wouldn't mind lightening up on my template to have a good ol civil war with you guys..

S

SUPRsalad

GOOD NEWS! This MIGHT actually happen! The powers at be at M headquarters have heard me out and they are ACTUALLY considering it??

We shall know by the day's end when Sargon gets off work..

S

suprshadow

lol if this actually happens. oh my god. i dont know what i will do.

S

ShaunOfPac

Bah, gone are the days when my guild had 80 wars :( Those were some good times, even in Trammel there was tons of orange for me to kill

A

Anon McDougle

because deep inside your pvping hearts you are all trammies who want to bank sit and being at war would make that impossible

S

suprshadow

....... Mcdougle sounds like a moron. Terrible name. Terrible post. Get outta here kid.

A

Anon McDougle

nah been this way since the old FL days i used to ask them the same oh my poor crafter might get ganked at the bank weak just week at least care bears are honest !!!

S

suprshadow

nah been this way since the old FL days i used to ask them the same oh my poor crafter might get ganked at the bank weak just week at least care bears are honest !!!
really.. really... please reread what you just posted..

A

Anon McDougle

looks all true you hard core pvpers(ok blues) are all care bears at heart who for most part refuse to war the very guilds you hate and talk smack about.what part dont you get are feel is incorrect ?

S

suprshadow

Anon, honestly i get what you're trying to say. I was just pointing out that. Yes, even though this is the internet and grammar is not the biggest thing, come on your posts are gross and it takes a few rereads to fully understand what you are saying.