• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lets Bring Back The Spirit of Siege

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I gave up on the Faction/VvV argument a longggggg time ago. I'm sure Kelmod <-- remembers those days! I made good points, but it ultimately didn't matter. It was to help you. Not me. So when taking your suits, you could re-suit quicker.:grouphug:
I was a little surprised how active VvV has become when I came back. I was pretty active the last time when it was relatively new. At that time it seemed to be inconvenient for most. Really impressed how GIL has dedicated an entire day for the guild to participate in VvV.

merkd

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
You know who else was also very surprised? Merkd. Even though we told him that GIL and the server seem to get together on Sundays for PvP/VvV fighting. lolol

#getrektmerkdsuit8
Funny coming from the guy that won't fight without friends on loser

Forsaken

Journeyman
Funny coming from the guy that won't fight without friends on loser
Oh? Try telling that to Calaman, Max, Pinball Wizard, and whoever that blue tamer was that went VvV as I killed Pinball how many friends were there! 1v4, 2 dismounting me with greater dragons.

That is a for sure Merkd death right there. I bet you would have dropped instantly on the first corpse you opened! :p

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Merkd, Forsaken... You both just brought back the spirit of Siege. The forum PvP was always more violent than in-game pvp. ;)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
LOL Forsaken seem to have a weird relationship to his guilds, first he help LB kill HI-5, when still HI-5 and now he again seem too fight his own guild. Why? not my business :)
Siege is never boring :)
Sorry Forsaken, love you but could not resist :p

Last edited:

Forsaken

Journeyman
LOL Forsaken seem to have a weird relationship to his guilds, first he help LB kill HI-5, when still HI-5 and now he again seem too fight his own guild. Why? not my business :)
Siege is never boring :)
Sorry Forsaken, love you but could not resist :p
Correction: I was going to help Crunch and any other HI5 kill LB at one of the events, but Crunch never made it home from work (traffic). So I ended up logging in and rezzing LB and helping the group to a glorious PvM event victory! It was the event in Trinsic where we dragged each of the bosses through mountain passage.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Please read the old threads. Lets not restart this hate.
Old Factions items was bad for Siege. Many including me feared that VvV items would be too. However, things are different now with Imbuing and new loot.
I rather saw better drop of Artifacts and Imbuing mats. to keep all busy including the crafters.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Correction: I was going to help Crunch and any other HI5 kill LB at one of the events, but Crunch never made it home from work (traffic). So I ended up logging in and rezzing LB and helping the group to a glorious PvM event victory! It was the event in Trinsic where we dragged each of the bosses through mountain passage.
I did not know everything sorry

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Please read the old threads. Lets not restart this hate.
Old Factions items was bad for Siege. Many including me feared that VvV items would be too. However, things are different now with Imbuing and new loot.
I rather saw better drop of Artifacts and Imbuing mats. to keep all busy including the crafters.
WHo do I contact to make me potions and suits?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
WHo do I contact to make me potions and suits?
That depend of the suits you want, search for sit on vendor search. But if you powerful gear, guild hunts and a guild crafter is the key.
There should be potions on the vendors, just again, use Vendor Search.
If you bring imbuing mats, there may be Crafters who will help you, but also some who refuse to deal with some guilds.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
That depend of the suits you want, search for sit on vendor search. But if you powerful gear, guild hunts and a guild crafter is the key.
If you bring imbuing mats, there may be Crafters who will help you, but also some who refuse to deal with some guilds.
I really dont want to invest a lot of time here I just want to pvp and do events?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
however if you can make a mage luck suit that would be great! :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I will restock my vendor tomorrow, I'm out of luck suits right now

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really dont want to invest a lot of time here I just want to pvp and do events?
to be honest if you really wanna PvP on Siege you'll have to make it your main shard or at the very least be prepared to spend a considerable ammount of time here otherwise you will have trouble finding replacement gear. If I remember correctly you're in Hi5 - that will make it even harder to find gear because people will boycott you because of some of your guildmembers. If you want to be somewhat independent you need a steady supply of artifact level items and ideally 120 imbuing on a soulstone so you can craft your own stuff to combine it with the loot items.

the VvV artifacts are not needed at all. You just have to wrap your mind around how things are done here and adapt. It's very different from prodo but if you're ready to put some thought in it you can run good suits here also.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
to be honest if you really wanna PvP on Siege you'll have to make it your main shard or at the very least be prepared to spend a considerable ammount of time here otherwise you will have trouble finding replacement gear. If I remember correctly you're in Hi5 - that will make it even harder to find gear because people will boycott you because of some of your guildmembers. If you want to be somewhat independent you need a steady supply of artifact level items and ideally 120 imbuing on a soulstone so you can craft your own stuff to combine it with the loot items.

the VvV artifacts are not needed at all. You just have to wrap your mind around how things are done here and adapt. It's very different from prodo but if you're ready to put some thought in it you can run good suits here also.
I got a few guildies coming over here working chars...

I can poop on any hi5 thought :) even though i love them,

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bring INSURANCE to siege! than everyone will be happy.
Ok maybe not insurance but say be able to bless like 5 items at a cost of course
the gold goes to the town coffers that you are loyal to. hence giving your town gold for its town bonus. and giving people reasons to do something.

Forsaken

Journeyman
Ok maybe not insurance but say be able to bless like 5 items at a cost of course
the gold goes to the town coffers that you are loyal to. hence giving your town gold for its town bonus. and giving people reasons to do something.
What the actual ****? Did you really just type that? Old age made you a soft, care bear? FFS

Don't ever say that again.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You do have a good point most of us run crap suits 70s imbued crap suits and the best stuff rarely if ever leaves banks or houses. If it is about the PvP and competition I would think most PvPrS would welcome better geared opponents. As it is who in their right mind is going to risk a 20 mil suit to PvM and farm when you can lose something that can take days or even weeks to obtain. Seems PvPs last on Siege until they lose all their gear they bought with brokered gold and then go back to prodo. The concept of risking everything but one item is great......... Until all you have left is that one item and the same general crap everyone else is wearing. I don't really care one way or the other I earn a pretty good living on Siege running crap suits and at worst have to run back to a house and put a identical crap suit on and go back to farming. PvP loses a full high end suit it ain't so easy after a while.

Forsaken

Journeyman
Hey, where are my old Siege vets at to shut this crybaby Insurance talk down? Because this nonsense talk would not fly in the past.

Dress for success.

Look good while dressing for success.

Win lots of fights.

Eventually die.

Proceed to be emo until you create another prodo-shard type suit.

Trammel -------------------------------------------------------------------->

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not cry baby just pointing out why you guys consistently get crap loot and occasionally a decent piece or two. As I said I could care less either way, it would be nice to break the high end stuff out of the chest but not game breaking to keep running crap.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A single blessed item worked when all armor was created equal. Now, to be effective, your suit/jewels/wep/accessories must complement each other. Siege is an old shard ruleset, however it has all the bells and whistles of the new game. It just doesn't work.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Siege is a different game. Diluting further will just make it the same. We do not want to be the same...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
We tried having more blessed items in the past, 7th annu items. The whole shard voted to get the blessing removed. I don't think we should do the mistake of allow more blessing again.

What we need is Fel bonus, more luck bonus and more basis resist on items. And do something with vendor fee.

Fel bonus should count on all facets and give 2 times drop or all kind of resources also imbuing resources. Gathering resources are a pain as we use a lot more resources now, special for BoDs. Lets youngs make money from resource gathering again.

More basis luck, like +1000 luck on all facet and let the luck statue bonus last 24 hours like the town bonus. As it is now, being in a luck suit, gives you a big disadvantage in PvP and make it harder for people to fight back when attacked.

More basis resist on items. We all want maxed out resist, but is a pain to add to suits, the most time eating part of crafting a suit or put a suit together from magic loot. Add +15% basis resist to both crafted items and magic loot.

Vendor Fee is a pain now, a vendor stocked with suit will east eat 10k or the profit a day and there are bad weeks, where they do not sell. lower it to 20% of what it is now and more will stock their vendors.

All in all, this would make it easier to replace gear. It would give better drop from monsters, including more artifacts and it would make it faster and cheaper for the crafters and other shop owners to put a good suit on their vendor.

It would give more PvP, as dying would be less expensive and you could run a good suit, when out farming and fight together with your guild if attacked.

This thread is about bring back the spirit to Siege. Siege lost a lot of it's spirit with AoS, where the game become item based, before, you just needed to find a vendor with a new GM suit, there was 3 kind, mage, light archer and plate, at a price of 2-5k

It is Siege and dying and get looted is a part of Siege. The choice to show mercy and not loot is in the hands of the killer and if some get looted more than others, there may be a reason like bad attitude, reputation or cheating.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I run with tailor made suits LRC only and a single Siege blessed item. They can keep the insurance/blessed/VvV on the prodo shards. I will not need them here.

Forsaken

Journeyman
I get UO has become an item based game and it has come to Siege. Here's my problem with everyone's complaining: Can you not farm? Put effort into making gold, stocking up on gear and resources?

I don't understand tbh. Many of you play Siege as a main/permanent shard. You can have everything we have!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get UO has become an item based game and it has come to Siege. Here's my problem with everyone's complaining: Can you not farm? Put effort into making gold, stocking up on gear and resources?

I don't understand tbh. Many of you play Siege as a main/permanent shard. You can have everything we have!
Most of us who make this our Perm Shard have everything you have, castles, keeps and 18x18s full of everything you have. You just will never see it because we hoard it and keep adding to it :) Really not seeing crying or complaining just simple reasoning of why things never come out of the hoard chest and why most of us will only wear crap imbued gear. Also why Siege population comes and goes in spurts, most PvPs I have seen come broker in a lot of gold buy up as much high end stuff they can get their hands on. Eventually lose it over the course of a few months and go back to prodo to never be seen again. It is what it is and is not likely to change and the cycles will continue with spurts of population growth followed by periods low population. You can almost predict to the day when a PvP guild that come from prodo is going to go broke on Siege and head back to prodo. Then there are a 2-6 Months of absolute dead shard and the next Guild that is going to dominate the shard appears and the cycle repeats. Been the same just different guild tags and names since I started playing Siege again back in 2008. About the only thing that has changed is the dirt plots and ghost houses stay forever now.

Forsaken

Journeyman
I can tell you we did not broker for items/gold to Siege. In the beginning, we were xferring all gold off Siege.

So, what I'm gathering is people are afraid of losing their precious pixels. Let me tell you, the better your gear the longer you can sustain in a fight-mitigating and putting out more damage.

This server can't have it both ways. You can't demand VvV items off of the server, then say it's too hard to properly suit up.

That is, or was my whole argument with faction/VvV items. It would allow people to suit up easier and cheaper. To actually have a presence in the field.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're trying to have a PvP related discussion with a PvM majority here, why you think you're going to sway this is beyond me. The biggest chuckle i've gotten from this was the "perm shard" comment. Siege has a lot of players, if we could get them all to log in at the same time, but if you think the shard if full of Siege Only players...lol.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I can tell you we did not broker for items/gold to Siege. In the beginning, we were xferring all gold off Siege.

So, what I'm gathering is people are afraid of losing their precious pixels. Let me tell you, the better your gear the longer you can sustain in a fight-mitigating and putting out more damage.

This server can't have it both ways. You can't demand VvV items off of the server, then say it's too hard to properly suit up.

That is, or was my whole argument with faction/VvV items. It would allow people to suit up easier and cheaper. To actually have a presence in the field.
When this server hit, it was pretty much a pvp guild vs guild server, OPP KGB, DF and other servers came here and worked together as a group that was the spirit of siege. Guild vs Guild fighitng over towns to see who got blessed armor for the month.
They have sucked the life out of the siege, they have taken out the incentive to pvp.

we all know VvV is the logical reason. But we all know Siege does not want the pvpers back here again, they like their RP **** and pvpers would ruin their entier economy and prevent them from doing events, farming, weekly vvv, and other stuff..
this would be a wonderful server for all pvpers to play duel and compete, no gimp templates a lot of mage vs mage, and big guild fights.

Forsaken

Journeyman
@garth I'm not trying to sway anything. I'm simply responding to comments regarding this being an item dependant game now and Siege Perilous was to remain off that list.

It didn't. Move on. Farm on. Continue to let your precious pixels sit in a chests or locked down. Or don't.

This is a risk vs reward shard. This was meant to be a harder, more dangerous UO life. But all I see are people making comments about some real care bear stuff.

Last edited:

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
When I started this server, it was not too bad

Spend a few hours farming dragons have a tailor make you armor get about 20 sets of babred armor make use the gold to buy a few thousand of each reg. Easy then I could start pvping. Didn’t need luck or any of that ****,

NOW!

I cannot farm **** because the dragon loot is worthless, I can do T maps. Which are good but still I cannot build a competitive suit in a few hours.
And Im not saying add insurance but If I spend a few hours doing vvv, I can at least get a orny, crystline ring DCI hat and glasses and have a somewhat competitive suit.
I’m not even sure if this server has Fast Cast buffs, and I know a lot of you really do not give a **** about pvp suits because u wear cloaks and t ****s, but ****…. It’s a bummer when you have taken the entire siege out of siege.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@garth I'm not trying to sway anything. I'm simply responding to comments regarding this being an item dependant game now and Siege Perilous was to remain off that list.

It didn't. Move on. Farm on. Continue to let your precious pixels sit in a chests or locked down. Or don't.

This is a risk vs reward shard. This was meant to be a harder, more dangerous UO life. But all I see are people making comments about some real care bear stuff.
I understand your points, I'm of the same opinion that things are way too easy here in some aspects. Personally, I don't have any problems with VvV artifacts, I don't see the big deal, however my voice doesn't carry enough power to make shard changes, I wish it did. As for my overflowing chests of pixels, I'm trying to get rid of them.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I’m not even sure if this server has Fast Cast buffs
if by that you mean the trade deal that gives you fc1 for 24 hours, yes we have that and even reds can use them (unlike on prodo). If you really wanna give Siege a try then quit complaining about no VvV artifacts and think hard how you can maintain a decent suit for your template. It's not that hard really, you just need to do it and get the prodo suits and templates out of your mind. For casters (which I assume you are) you can fully suit up with loot items and we all know where the best legendary items drop in huge piles...just go there and farm them with your guildmates.

Siege is still about guild vs guild only now you need to farm as a guild to be able to compete. No big deal...

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
if by that you mean the trade deal that gives you fc1 for 24 hours, yes we have that and even reds can use them (unlike on prodo). If you really wanna give Siege a try then quit complaining about no VvV artifacts and think hard how you can maintain a decent suit for your template. It's not that hard really, you just need to do it and get the prodo suits and templates out of your mind. For casters (which I assume you are) you can fully suit up with loot items and we all know where the best legendary items drop in huge piles...just go there and farm them with your guildmates.

Siege is still about guild vs guild only now you need to farm as a guild to be able to compete. No big deal...
where are the good spots?

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Yeah man you will never change my opinion on VVV items, These items are worthless on prodo except maybe hld glasses and a cinture and a few others... They are suit fillers.
My Opinion is based on playing ultima online for a long time playing free servers for a long time, play other video games for a long time. and Siege offers a negative reward system for pvp. you pvp you die you lose your **** without any return of investment, and that is not how you promote pvp on any game.

Hey I would be up for runic kits or imbuing resources also so I can reforge armor (still not as good as legendaries but allows me to make a competitive suit)

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
where are the good spots?
I always assumed everyone knew that shadowguard drops the best loot in the game. don't even need more than two people to do it. for those who prefer solo PvM t-maps drop some decent stuff as well. luck suits will help but are not an absolute must. also corgul and exodus drop decent loot. heck you can even get usable items from rikktor. it's really not that hard for casters. dexxers have it a lot harder and will usually do better with imbued/reforged suits.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it has always been bo's stance that more blessings/or insurance for like 3-5 items is needed on siege.
The bunny ears and legs didn't work before because not everyone had access to them.
the 3-5 blessings/insurnace will help everyone, there are many high end items sitting in chests cause you can only wear 1 at a time.
and No the bo really doesn't have time to farm anything. The bo barely has to time to play let alone farm.
When siege was created there were what 8 slots to equip items, how many are there now? that number has doubled.
Bo isn't talking bout blessing the entire suit, just 3-5 pieces. How helpful would that be to everyone? Would certainly give the economy a shot of life, which is direly needed.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it has always been bo's stance that more blessings/or insurance for like 3-5 items is needed on siege.
The bunny ears and legs didn't work before because not everyone had access to them.
the 3-5 blessings/insurnace will help everyone, there are many high end items sitting in chests cause you can only wear 1 at a time.
and No the bo really doesn't have time to farm anything. The bo barely has to time to play let alone farm.
When siege was created there were what 8 slots to equip items, how many are there now? that number has doubled.
Bo isn't talking bout blessing the entire suit, just 3-5 pieces. How helpful would that be to everyone? Would certainly give the economy a shot of life, which is direly needed.
Fairly certain that the Bo is dead on the money. I would risk 3-5 for 3-5 on the higher end crap and just bless the harder to get things like slithers and Crims Won't be risking 13-1 though for a non PvP that is just plain stupid odds. May as well put a sign on my back that says camp my houses and kill me as soon as walk out "Free High End loot for the taking." I suspect we would see higher end suits overall out in the field with several legendary pieces unblessed that compliment the base suit. Then the farmers would be able to farm more to supply the PVPrs better gear and they could do what they enjoy doing and the PvM could enjoy doing what they do more efficiently. A nice little symbiotic relationship. The only reason imbued junk is so popular on siege is it cheap and easy to throw a functional suit together and cost little to nothing to keep several sets as back up. The person wearning the legendary suit is going to mop the floor with the person wearing the imbued crap. Assuming both are of equal skill and running equal competitive advantage software. It is a simple numbers game with very little variation high numbers win and low numbers lose. All raising the obtaining of resources to craft and imbue more crap would do is drive the price of the crap even lower, to the point it would not be worth putting on a vendor...... Which it really isn't worth putting on a vendor now.