• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lets Bring Back The Spirit of Siege

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me preface this speech by saying that I (as SpyderBite) will continue to indiscriminately steal from everybody. But in all transparency my two alts will be actively promote this movement. Those alts are Charisma and Mandolin

Let us Unite

Anybody that has spent more than a few years on Siege knows that one thing we do best is to unite and collaborate. Whether that is for Player run events or to expel a cancer on the server.. it has never mattered and we've always put 100% effort in to both.

Be Proactive

We have some really vile actors on our server. They kill indiscriminately which is fine and is considered part of the spirit of Siege.

However. There are those whose purpose is to do nothing more than to make everybody else's experience miserable. They kill the weak and only fight those who are strong enough if the advantage is in their favor. Back in history, one of several factions (KSS, VmP, Waka, CWS) would have rained down justice on either side of Virtue.

The Solution

Today there is no moral compass. People go about their day and try to avoid the monsters who plague our shard with death and have no resistance. So they pillage and worse.. Share their bravado in our communication system.

I understand that there is a division between guilds and factions these days. But, I ask (as Mandolin) for like minded guild to unite against these scrubs. You don't have to ally or anything else that goes against your personal or guild virtues. Just apply your forces when the call comes to hunt down and smite these heretics who would mock the system we've enjoyed for nearly two decades here on Siege.

In Conclusion

I am not, and have no desire to be in command of anybody. I just want to see people organize again and give these undesirables a challenge. Because today, they have nothing to fear and everything to gain.

Mandolin.. Untrained Tamer of the Vesper Crime Syndicate

Forsaken

Journeyman
Sadly, I feel like some of this might be directed towards -LB-? I was at work today, but happened to see a Discord chat about 'us' killing people at an auction?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While I appreciate the sentiment , could we please stop waxxing nostalgicly (sp?) about past heroes, or am I the only one that realizes that these great groups of Siege of yore, all left ? I would rather see something new created without the need for having to dredge through 10 yrs ago stuff. It's just my opinion, and I realize that mine is probably the less valued of anyones, but at least it's honest.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Spyder if you ever run for public office let me know where and when I'll come vote for you :)

You know, I really hate the Bandits that grief events, it would not be so bad if they would wait till after the Event is over, the Boss has fallen, the auction is over, before making it a ruckus. I rather have a Battle Royal after it's all over with. I like to see everyone fighting side by side to defend our lands from the Evils that our demigod has spawn upon us.

But I foresee that will never come to be, so I will look forward to hunting the Bandits when I can.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I like to see everyone fighting side by side to defend our lands from the Evils that our demigod has spawn upon us.
That will never happen and should never happen on Siege

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
That will never happen and should never happen on Siege
and you failed to post the part just before that remark.
I rather have a Battle Royal after it's all over with.
Maybe I should repost it another way.

I like to see everyone fighting side by side to defend our lands from the Evils that our demigod has spawn upon us. Then have a Battle Royal after it's all over with. Be a lot more fun in my book.

That last event we had, if we (The Players) had listened to the remarks our Demigod was saying to us in General chat that day, well there would have been far less ***ching at the forums and in general chat.

I did say this as well
But I foresee that will never come to be, so I will look forward to hunting the Bandits when I can.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
A Governor meeting or something like that, should be respected, but an event with a boss and a drop, it would not make sense for all to hold in hand and kill the boss first, it is not trammel!
I like to see everyone fighting side by side to defend our lands from the Evils that our demigod has spawn upon us. Then have a Battle Royal after it's all over with. Be a lot more fun in my book.
That's just not Siege and I do not agree. I would like to see all show a little respect at the EM events like in the past, where no one was looted except if they had an EM item and was to slow to Siege Bless it or send it to bank, that piece would be fair game

I do not like to see events like the auction griefed, there must be other ways to work it out without destroy the event. One short attack to make a point had been fine.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
A Governor meeting or something like that, should be respected, but an event with a boss and a drop, it would not make sense for all to hold in hand and kill the boss first, it is not trammel!

That's just not Siege and I do not agree. I would like to see all show a little respect at the EM events like in the past, where no one was looted except if they had an EM item and was to slow to Siege Bless it or send it to bank, that piece would be fair game

I do not like to see events like the auction griefed, there must be other ways to work it out without destroying the event. One short attack to make a point had been fine.
I agree about the meetings, there should be no action of any kind within the walls of that Palace during any meeting the King has called. However what happens outside is beyond the powers of the land. I just wish there was a healing station across the street.

As for no looting, during the event, that will never happen, the Bandits will attack any none member regardless of color to remove them from the chance of getting that drop. Most drops are only 10 to 15. I have asked that the drops be blessed or sent to your bank, but that request will never happen, @Mesanna said to have a full pack when you get a drop and it will go to your bank box.

I do agree about the griefing of Player events, it is in poor taste of the individual or group to do such a thing, and they are worse then the Bandits when they do. Guess we can say they are snowflakes. (pancakes).

below are words about the governor events.
Notes regarding Governor Events

Please note that Governor Events have a clearly defined role.
They are there for the governors to discuss the state of their towns.
They are there for the governors to request events that will benefit their towns.
They are there for the king to obtain information.
They are there for the king to provide information about upcoming events.
This particular type of event is not a PvP event. It is a roleplay event. However, this only applies to the Governors’ Council Chamber. Anything or anyone outside of this room is fair game. Governors, you are expected to give the king your full attention during the meeting.

Anyone attempting to PvP within the Governors’ Council Chamber, or otherwise disrupt the meeting beyond the bounds of roleplay – will find themselves thrown into the moat. This extends to anyone, regardless of whether you are blue, red, orange or grey, citizen or governor. The council chambers are not a hiding place for combatants. The council chambers are to be considered a conference room, and nothing more.

A dip in the moat is considered to be a warning.

After three dips in the moat during one meeting, you will find yourself banned from the hall for the duration of the meeting. No discussions will be entered into in this regard. Once banned, you are banned for the duration of the meeting. End of discussion.

No bans are permanent, and all bans will be cleared at the end of the meeting.

Lord Kurt Cobain

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
We have some really vile actors on our server.

However. There are those whose purpose is to do nothing more than to make everybody else's experience miserable. They kill the weak and only fight those who are strong enough if the advantage is in their favor. Back in history, one of several factions (KSS, VmP, Waka, CWS) would have rained down justice on either side of Virtue.

The Solution

Today there is no moral compass. People go about their day and try to avoid the monsters who plague our shard with death and have no resistance. So they pillage and worse.. Share their bravado in our communication system.

Let's just cut to the chase here, because its clearly obvious you are talking about me. Funny how you have to type up this teary-eyed essay because you're too afraid to call me by name. Don't worry I wont report to the mods or the GMs, so feel free to say whatever you need to say in a straightforward fashion.

In regards to this very cute post of yours, let me just say this. Just TRY and stop me. Get the entire shard on me, please. I would love to see you guys chase after me 20 vs 1, since 5 vs 1 is clearly not enough. But I have some news for you. No matter how many of these posts you make, or how many people you get, you will NEVER beat me, you will NEVER stop me, and you will NEVER get me to leave. So please by all means preach community, and then contradict yourself in the same post by trying to "expel" certain players from the shard. I find this whole post to be extremely hypocritical.

Sadly, I feel like some of this might be directed towards -LB-? I was at work today, but happened to see a Discord chat about 'us' killing people at an auction?

I do not like to see events like the auction griefed, there must be other ways to work it out without destroy the event. One short attack to make a point had been fine.

Ok let me go on record and say this. Attacking the auction is something I chose to do on my own accord. This has nothing to do with LB or anyone else. I have several reasons for doing this, and mainly due to GILs active discrimination towards other players. I'm free to do whatever I like here, rather you agree or not. You guys have chosen a hide away secret / stealth play style, and there is not one person other than LB and myself who will actively fight at any given time. So I will always take advantage of any event that I can get pvp. Its not griefing like you all would label, but its the only type of pvp opportunity you have provided for this server.

Hate me, discriminate against me, blacklist me, ban me, ignore me, I don't really care. I will always be here to pk you guys, so I recommend just getting used to it.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
  • 12x7=84 months, 7 years, the seven years I was gone from these lands
  • It was in 2007 I left I don't remember the month so the count will be off
  • as I round everything off.
  • 155 / 12 = 12.9 years, my current oldest account age

He was born here on Siege in 99, was old school archer, I sometimes wish those days were still with us

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope. Not from me any ways. I was just tossing it out there to see if there was any interest out there. :)

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I appreciate the sentiment , could we please stop waxxing nostalgicly (sp?) about past heroes, or am I the only one that realizes that these great groups of Siege of yore, all left ? I would rather see something new created without the need for having to dredge through 10 yrs ago stuff. It's just my opinion, and I realize that mine is probably the less valued of anyones, but at least it's honest.
Fair enough. Keep in mind that when us old farts return to siege after such a long time it is kind of a culture shock of sorts. Takes a while to adjust to all the changes.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hate me, discriminate against me, blacklist me, ban me, ignore me, I don't really care. I will always be here to pk you guys, so I recommend just getting used to it.
Don't go changing, to try and please me
You never let me down before
Don't imagine you're too familiar
And I don't see you anymore
I would not leave you in times of trouble
We never could have come this far
I took the good times, I'll take the bad times
I'll take you just the way you are

merkd

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Did u ever think that if we were allowed to be a part of auction this would not happen. Don't cry when I got insta banned before I even had a chance to join auction. U can ask around about me I'm honest and have given many suits back. But blacklist = fk your event

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Did u ever think that if we were allowed to be a part of auction this would not happen. Don't cry when I got insta banned before I even had a chance to join auction. U can ask around about me I'm honest and have given many suits back. But blacklist = fk your event
Oh if and when I ever have an event I be sure to give you all that benefit of doubt, oh wait I do that at ever demigod event. *checks, double checks* Yep even event I went out of my way to give you all that benefit of doubt. I have yet to make it back alive. Pretty poor track record on my part I think, but I will still give you the benefit of doubt next time as well.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh if and when I ever have an event I be sure to give you all that benefit of doubt, oh wait I do that at ever demigod event. *checks, double checks* Yep even event I went out of my way to give you all that benefit of doubt. I have yet to make it back alive. Pretty poor track record on my part I think, but I will still give you the benefit of doubt next time as well.
What's the demigod reference ? We playing the same game ?

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's just cut to the chase here, because its clearly obvious you are talking about me. Funny how you have to type up this teary-eyed essay because you're too afraid to call me by name. Don't worry I wont report to the mods or the GMs, so feel free to say whatever you need to say in a straightforward fashion.

In regards to this very cute post of yours, let me just say this. Just TRY and stop me. Get the entire shard on me, please. I would love to see you guys chase after me 20 vs 1, since 5 vs 1 is clearly not enough. But I have some news for you. No matter how many of these posts you make, or how many people you get, you will NEVER beat me, you will NEVER stop me, and you will NEVER get me to leave. So please by all means preach community, and then contradict yourself in the same post by trying to "expel" certain players from the shard. I find this whole post to be extremely hypocritical.

Ok let me go on record and say this. Attacking the auction is something I chose to do on my own accord. This has nothing to do with LB or anyone else. I have several reasons for doing this, and mainly due to GILs active discrimination towards other players. I'm free to do whatever I like here, rather you agree or not. You guys have chosen a hide away secret / stealth play style, and there is not one person other than LB and myself who will actively fight at any given time. So I will always take advantage of any event that I can get pvp. Its not griefing like you all would label, but its the only type of pvp opportunity you have provided for this server.

More of this please!

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

While I think you can be a general ****** in gen chat I do not want to see you go. I find you highly entertaining for the most part. The more high end pvpers on the shard, the better the economy imo. I really do not agree with any of this "not selling" to people because they killed you in game.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*adds some more salt to his popcorn*
Entertaining to say the least.

My serious intention was not to stir up ****. But some habits are hard to break I guess. Anyways, I see a lot are active in VvV today. So, perhaps all the focus has switched to that.

Like I said.. just putting it out there. And its seems like everybody is content. That's cool. I'm still adjusting to a "peaceful" Siege. ;)

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
If the threat is great enough, Siege will always rise up to the challenge to take care of itself.

However...

Whenever Siege doesn't have ANY 'vile actors' for too long, we start losing population. This is a predictable cycle. When we have aggressive players, we keep population because things are interesting. Crafters are busy making suits, PvMers are busy farming leather and imbue materials, PvPers have a target to go after without having to be all polite and proper about it. The thieves that don't exist sneak around in the chaos for their own version of fun. Guilds have something to talk about.

If it gets TOO vile, however, Siege will unite to take care of the problem. We always do.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the threat is great enough, Siege will always rise up to the challenge to take care of itself.

However...

Whenever Siege doesn't have ANY 'vile actors' for too long, we start losing population. This is a predictable cycle. When we have aggressive players, we keep population because things are interesting. Crafters are busy making suits, PvMers are busy farming leather and imbue materials, PvPers have a target to go after without having to be all polite and proper about it. The thieves that don't exist sneak around in the chaos for their own version of fun. Guilds have something to talk about.

If it gets TOO vile, however, Siege will unite to take care of the problem. We always do.
Ok.. so revise my original post to "What he said". :)

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I have to be honest here... the pvp "scare" and when you die wondering if your stuff will be there is always kinda entertaining. Now I will say it does suck when I am somewhere and have no idea how to get back and someone takes my full suit plus the stuff I have been farming that really sucks and I normally step away for a couple of days. But a few of the pvp players have been kind enough to take just the imbuing, leather, ingots, wood, or other materials I have been farming and just let me go find a healer.
Now one of the funnier ones was I was killed by one person, ran to get rezzed, walk back and looted my stuff, killed by another person all together and was dry looted by the time I came back.
I would like to learn more about pvp and all the aspects of it but at the same time don't know where to start or who to ask because the "greats" seem to just kill you anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Now I will say it does suck when I am somewhere and have no idea how to get back and someone takes my full suit plus the stuff I have been farming that really sucks and I normally step away for a couple of days.
An advice here, if you have High Sea, find a public ship, maybe in New Mag or somewhere else. Make a rune to it, place it in a runebook.
You can now gate to that ship without magery or regs, you only need the mana. If the Ship is in town or near a public crystal portal or teleporter connected to the hubs, you should get home easier.

Next thing to make you feel better after a dry loot. A bag with a new suits and the tools, etc, you use to run around with will make you feel better as soon you are suited up again.

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
An advice here, if you have High Sea, find a public ship, maybe in New Mag or somewhere else. Make a rune to it, place it in a runebook.
You can now gate to that ship without magery or regs, you only need the mana. If the Ship is in town or near a public crystal portal or teleporter connected to the hubs, you should get home easier.

Next thing to make you feel better after a dry loot. A bag with a new suits and the tools, etc, you use to run around with will make you feel better as soon you are suited up again.
Yes the suit thing was the exact thing you told me and hubby the day we started. We now have one back up each and trying to build more just incase. It's perfect advice and one everyone should know.
Now how do I know if the boats are public and set up for those reasons? I didn't know about the no regs part. Thanks again

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Now how do I know if the boats are public and set up for those reasons? I didn't know about the no regs part. Thanks again
If you can access the boad, it is public or ypu have some other access, maybe guild access. Just try if you can get on it. If a house with a crystal portal near, it is perfect for the case.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now how do I know if the boats are public and set up for those reasons? I didn't know about the no regs part.
Don't you ever talk to your guildmates at all? I am very sure that GIL has several ships you could mark a rune to and I am also very surprised that they haven't taught you all this. Your guildmate Mapario Naharis is running a house east of the Trinsic gate that has a ship placed in front of it and a public crystal protal for this exactp purpose...

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Don't you ever talk to your guildmates at all? I am very sure that GIL has several ships you could mark a rune to and I am also very surprised that they haven't taught you all this. Your guildmate Mapario Naharis is running a house east of the Trinsic gate that has a ship placed in front of it and a public crystal protal for this exactp purpose...
I do but i never realized it was without regs. I knew you didn't need magery but thought you needed a scroll or something to get back. Never thought and further than that :)

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The ship thing was brought up at a Dev meet n greet, and one of the devs (kyronix?) said it sounded like that wasn't supposed to be the case. It isn't likely to be changed in the near future, but when they start talking about High Seas revamp I would expect to see this be one of the changes. Until then - it is VERY handy on Siege :) One additional note tho - you don't need magery or regs, but you do need a spellbook with gate spell in it (and 40 mana).

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
If they allow recall from runebook without skills to replace it, it would be all fine.
It may have been added to help non mages to get back on their ship without calling a GM to help.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If they allow recall from runebook without skills to replace it, it would be all fine.
It may have been added to help non mages to get back on their ship without calling a GM to help.
Hopefully this gets fixed. Enough of this "our young cant gate" crap. Start with a Mage then. The sooner this exploit is fixed the better. :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I hope it never get fixed. Warriors are not meant to be forced to be a mage too

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
VvV items do not fit in the scheme of things here. If you want to see the arguments search this forum.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
VvV items do not fit in the scheme of things here. If you want to see the arguments search this forum.
you mean pvp does not fit in the scheme here right?

go figured a shard called siege is against a system that rewards for town sieges. The only reason I am here is to pk events.. that is it.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you mean pvp does not fit in the scheme here right?

go figured a shard called siege is against a system that rewards for town sieges. The only reason I am here is to pk events.. that is it.
tell that to LB. Not saying I like them but you can't deny they do pvp here without VvV artis. They run pretty nice suits and obviously risk loosing them. Only reason I mentioned LB is you probably wouldn't consider any of the older Siege PvPers actual PvPers...

Forsaken

Journeyman
tell that to LB. Not saying I like them but you can't deny they do pvp here without VvV artis. They run pretty nice suits and obviously risk loosing them. Only reason I mentioned LB is you probably wouldn't consider any of the older Siege PvPers actual PvPers...
Someone please take our suits. :( Maybe not Merkd's, he lost enough suits for a Siege lifetime in just 1 week.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I do not feel the need to rehash the issue of VvV artifact vending machines.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I do not feel the need to rehash the issue of VvV artifact vending machines.
vending machine would be putting money into something and getting a item in return... which is the old faction system.

When you participate in events do you feel something should drop?

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
just do like everybody else does. come up with a suit built around one blessed item that works for you, farm stuff, imbue stuff, reforge stuff and don't get too attached because you will loose it in battle sooner or later (there's always that gank waiting around the corner). quite honestly I don't see a reason why you should not have to do like everybody else does and farm. It's actually not that hard to farm decent stuff to build replaceable suits around. What works best is a combination of artifact level items and imbued ones.

Forsaken

Journeyman
Yeah, I gave up on the Faction/VvV argument a longggggg time ago. I'm sure Kelmod <-- remembers those days! I made good points, but it ultimately didn't matter. It was to help you. Not me. So when taking your suits, you could re-suit quicker.:grouphug:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Yeah, I gave up on the Faction/VvV argument a longggggg time ago. I'm sure Kelmod <-- remembers those days! I made good points, but it ultimately didn't matter. It was to help you. Not me. So when taking your suits, you could re-suit quicker.:grouphug:
I had to put in extra tops in Kenzie's bank bags, her's were walking away, it funny that was the only piece I keep losing