• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Legends of Ultima (Ultima Online 2)

Stimwalt

Visitor
LEGENDS OF ULTIMA (LoU) - Legends of Ultima

We aim to be the True Successor to Ultima Online, with the Classic eras as our initial baseline, while forging ahead to craft a proper UO2, with the LoU Community and our collective vision as our guides.

Our team has grown significantly and we are actively building the UO Map, have released several UO Dungeons already, created several custom assets, and have the goal to be "UO Mapped" very soon!
LoU is non-profit, and we have no plans to implement cash shops, or become profitable. Our passion is to build and play the game that was never made, Ultima Online 2.

We are Heavily inspired by T2A/UO:R eras including the Skills and Towns you remember. Our Community directly influences our Feature Development, and we welcome all Play Styles. PvP Notoriety and Faction play is intact and encouraged, Reds are welcomed, Guard zones match classic UO, and you will never see Trammel on LoU. We are Live/Persistent with a healthy population, and there will be no wipes on LoU.

Wiki: Legends of Ultima Wiki

Promo:

The UO Map:

UO Covetous Dungeon:

MorrolanTV Interviews Stimwalt and Visits Covetous:
Twitch

UO Spellbook and Runebook:

UO Stealing and Snooping:

UO Gardening:

Gameplay:

Discord: Join the Legends of Ultima Discord Server! or Legends of Ultima Discord Server

Direct Connect: " cluster1.shardsonline.com:5150 "

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So how are you going to combat people just PKing every new player you get to death till you no longer have anyone starting because it's too frustrating getting ganked every time you step foot out of town like old UO?

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'd be curious about handling gank-fests on newbies as well. That and resource gathers, crafters.

<=== former gank-fest sheeple turned Trammie. And damn proud of it! <chuckle>

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Outside of Britain graveyard because it's a hot spot for homes ? A bit out of touch aren't we ?

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Outside of Britain graveyard because it's a hot spot for homes ? A bit out of touch aren't we ?
I caught that. When I started in '98 the area near Brit that was desired was the crossroads area. I had a couple friends near the cemetery, but crossroads was the "it" place.

Interestingly the graphics remind me of KR quite a bit. I watched all the vids and didn't get the headaches EC gives me. Altho the gumps reminds me of EC in stylling.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I found LoA to be ...... cartoonish... and it reminded me of Garfield cartoon... or Foghorn Leghorn... I couldn't get used to it.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with @MalagAste there is a reason they added tram.
At the 2018 Game Developers Conference, several Ultima Online Developers made an analysis of Ultima Online.

According to this Article about it (GDC 2018: Ultima Online post-mortem with Richard Garriott, Starr Long, Raph Koster, and Rich Vogel | Massively Overpowered), all the Developers agreed that non-consensual PvP was a mistake.....

Naturally, PvP came up during the panels and the Q&A afterward. As painful as it may sound, one thing all the developers agreed on was that non-consensual PvP was a mistake.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
No Tram, no way, sorry I'm too old to be constantly terrified. That play-style is better suited to twitchy teenagers.... :eek:

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't recall it being as bad as you all are making it out to be... You got murderer tagged and it was open season on the PKers too. What would be the point of them camping new player spawns if they have more to lose? I got killed looting the wrong corpse. That was my big non-Tram experience that I recall.

I prefer Tram too though. I just don't think it's as nightmarish as you all think it is.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
upload_2019-8-21_10-5-0.png

Toilet paper. The most important part of any adventurers backpack.

Seriously though, your team has done an amazing job putting this together. Congrats on your success and here's to hoping your patreon campaign continues to grow!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Is this still Suprem's game? If not what happened to his?
It is and isn't Supreem's game. Legends or Aria was built with the intention of allowing players to run their own fully customizable servers. The base engine is Supreem's teams work, the modification to make it UO like was done by someone else as a community ran server.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh no. Well ty for the information.
Don't get me wrong, the foundation of the game is Citadel Studio's (Supreem's company) work, just when you buy the game you get a license to run and customize your own server which is what is going on here. It's legit and legal by Citadel's standards.