• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Legends of Siege

B

Bruin

So I was just thinking earlier today, who would you consider the most influential, powerful, important people that have played or play Siege, the Legends of Siege.

These are who I can think of, in no particular order.

Lothar (LOD) - (I think it's Lothar and not Gara, heh). LOD, Legion of Doom would frequently raid Wispwood. They were good pvp'ers, but whenever Lothar came around you'd always here people say "ohh &*(^ it's Lothar." Lothar made his group better, plain and simple. He was a heal mage, and he knew how to keep his teammates alive. As a group LOD were good pvp'ers, Lothar made them twice as effective. Also the fact he had a CBD blessed Hat of the Magi right after AOS came out that no one else did I'm sure helped him a little.

Grot (CWS) - Wispwood has been a longtime staple of Siege. Grot was one of the original founders, and a rock of Wispwood. He is missed.

Ulthrac (C8V) - Hope I'm spelling his name right. Another successful Siege guild, and he ran it. And HE RAN IT.

Wyrm (VMP) - One of the last and better evil Roleplayers that was fun to fight against. Took his all blues must die pretty seriously.

Pyrite (DTA) - For a long time DTA was one of the most successful and largest guilds on Siege. I think DTA overall has been the largest guild ever on Siege, and she led it.

Py Lethius (KSS) - Respected on the field by his enemies, his friends, and the shard. Probably played the least out of the people on this list, but you can't deny his presence made Siege a different place.

Future legends (keep going down this path and they will eventually be legends).

Shalimar (NEW) - Not very powerful. Not very influential (because she doesn't use it). But virtually 50% of all people that have joined this land over the last several years have been touched by her in a positive way.

Krystal (various) - The opposite of Shalimar, as much as Shalimar has touched most of the new people to this land, Krystal has touched them in another way. More murder counts than anyone in UO.

Hoffs (GIL) - GIL currently is the largest guild on Siege, they must be doing something right. And it's because of her.

This is what I can think of, any thoughts?

N

Nickster

For me there are a few names that stand out, this is down to my personal experience and what i have seen....

Hef (LOW), seems to have the respect of most enemy faction guild members/masters and is a formidible PvPer and although lesser in number than some of the other "big hitting" guilds out there they always seem to field good solid players and work well together.

Kat (MYTH\TnT). have seen her in action and seems well respected.

Chad Sexington (^_^) need i say any more! i think anyone with anything of any value has been touched by chad... in more than 1 way... and was the guild master of the guild every thief wants to be in (including my first siege char who is now sadly dead) (other shout goes out to nightstalker, you the man too!)

Roxxor .... a PK... (the letters 'ric' are missing from between those letters) every time i built up my char enough to re equip the git would either find me in a dungeon somewhere or simply combo the heck out of me in town and run of screen before i had chance to react! yet still every player going through the guild NEW (or any new player at all i should imagine) knows who he is and hates him from the first time they meet.... still a legend in his own noob killing way!

Cash, the gentleman cash, always helping someone and always there to offer advice, he bought loads of things off me that i knew full well he didn't need but it gave me a great start on my current char

there are others too but i am at work and my manager is looking at me funny....

A

archite666

Aw! Another comment to add to my ego pool!

No seriously, glad I could help.

N

Nickster

Well deserved my good man, sorry i didn't put a guild next to your name, i wasn't sure if you were still KoC or not :)

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh yes agreed Dagashi of the TAXMEN. :) Can't forget him and them.

SBH siege bounty hunters. . assorted personalities.

Shalimar and freja both, each in their own ways as walkin history books of Siege Shard and much more.

Lady Pyrite

Py Lethius
Wyrm

CWS folks past and present GIL folks from Shire.

kelmo mayor of Iantown Spree others from orig. Iantown

Kat just for being FIESTY ..love or hate her, definately a part of Siege.

Aeric Horn ^ Ginsu

Castor and Skylark

Riz and Kaisa *of KSS*

Petra always a lady here, putting up with ALL of us.

Krystal cuz she oft is every new one's first encounter with DEATH here.

Memnoch

Prymal

Revvo like him, or not, he was his own kinda Siege *legend* :)

a young chap with a chr. named Ryzl Kyvad or such yes misspelled but he made some and tried to make some pretty huge impacts to better Siege, here when he was here.

Sloan too, she did do a lot on this shard, for this shard events and rune libraries and so on so forth.
-----------------

Legend in his own way..UM love him or hate him...'can I hold your stuff ' ? Well he made a *legend* of himself too, sort of...yall know whom I mean I am sure. :)
-------------
*tosses in some few of our comic male statics Siege forum board pvpers of Siege* ya know whom they are also, anyways. Unusual sorts of um... *legends* in their own ways here.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't see these in earlier posts so I'll offer:

Wulf
Blind Otto
Rykus
Vampyre Xavier (he was on his way out when I started in 2004, but what an interesting person! The little time I spent with him in the game, I very much enjoyed. I believe he wrote the original Siege FAQ for Stratics too.)

I think QZ and Gwendar are legendary in their own way, too...for years they have been kind of a shard-branded household name for crafted goods.

As far as guilds that were icons/legends: UND, BFI (how many pairs of shoes did I lose to those idiots??), LDH.

-Skylark

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I have some too, in randum listing:

HeRog, he startede as a smith but become factor in the Safe Haven Community as Mayor and as leader of Safe Haven Regulators and later known for running the vampire guild The Dark Tower

Lector: [Lich Lord, UDL] He sure made his name on Siege so did a more liches

Tamara: [Honey Bee, 1st] This honey bee is now known as Shalimar, GM of NEW

Pyrite [DTA]

Amanda Shade, the original owner controlled the mara spawn at T2A for long time

Luxor_LoV for starting the original NEW guild

Glendor [BLD] Most known for his Cookies story but he sure is a legend too. Blod Clan Stories

I'm sure I have a few more :)

And I agree with:
Dagashi of the TAXMEN
Py Lethius
Wyrm
Kelmo and Petra
Aeric Horn ^ Ginsu
Grot (CWS)
Hoffs (GIL)
Cash may become a legend too

S

Shadow Seer

Lothar (LOD) - (I think it's Lothar and not Gara, heh). LOD, Legion of Doom would frequently raid Wispwood. They were good pvp'ers, but whenever Lothar came around you'd always here people say "ohh &*(^ it's Lothar." Lothar made his group better, plain and simple. He was a heal mage, and he knew how to keep his teammates alive. As a group LOD were good pvp'ers, Lothar made them twice as effective. Also the fact he had a CBD blessed Hat of the Magi right after AOS came out that no one else did I'm sure helped him a little.
Hi Bruin, thought I would jump in and correct you on a few things. Lothar was not a heal mage, he was a fencer with magic. He used his warfork first and magic for Xheals and what not. But yes he was extremly effective in keeping his team mates alive as were all LoD. And Lothar never owned a hat of the Magi. That may have been Gara with the HoM. Anyways thought I would clear that up. I was Ruri of LoD btw.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Bruin, thought I would jump in and correct you on a few things. Lothar was not a heal mage, he was a fencer with magic. He used his warfork first and magic for Xheals and what not. But yes he was extremly effective in keeping his team mates alive as were all LoD. And Lothar never owned a hat of the Magi. That may have been Gara with the HoM. Anyways thought I would clear that up. I was Ruri of LoD btw.

Here's a pic of Lothar in his every day attire...warfork included.

That was Gara who had the cbd blessed HoM and the orni. You guys did work very well together, almost as well as Markus C. and I did:). Damn, those were some fun times we had back then.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bah...you people have forgotten the fun times on Siege.

Darth and Yoda - *chuckles at all of the stuff I stole from them*
Corwin of WE - The shards most famous PvP tamer
Leon - always had the best vendors

My favorite guild to steal from...

...la

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I was just thinking earlier today, who would you consider the most influential, powerful, important people that have played or play Siege, the Legends of Siege.

These are who I can think of, in no particular order.

Grot (CWS) - Wispwood has been a longtime staple of Siege. Grot was one of the original founders, and a rock of Wispwood. He is missed.

Ulthrac (C8V) - Hope I'm spelling his name right. Another successful Siege guild, and he ran it. And HE RAN IT.

Wyrm (VMP) - One of the last and better evil Roleplayers that was fun to fight against. Took his all blues must die pretty seriously.

Pyrite (DTA) - For a long time DTA was one of the most successful and largest guilds on Siege. I think DTA overall has been the largest guild ever on Siege, and she led it.

Py Lethius (KSS) - Respected on the field by his enemies, his friends, and the shard. Probably played the least out of the people on this list, but you can't deny his presence made Siege a different place.

Future legends (keep going down this path and they will eventually be legends).

Shalimar (NEW) - Not very powerful. Not very influential (because she doesn't use it). But virtually 50% of all people that have joined this land over the last several years have been touched by her in a positive way.

Krystal (various) - The opposite of Shalimar, as much as Shalimar has touched most of the new people to this land, Krystal has touched them in another way. More murder counts than anyone in UO.

Hoffs (GIL) - GIL currently is the largest guild on Siege, they must be doing something right. And it's because of her.

This is what I can think of, any thoughts?
Damn I get no luv:(. I co-founded CWS, Founded F@T, Co-founded SUF, and personally spent alot of time coordinating the SUF/LoD/J-D alliance before leaving back in 2004. A dude packs it in for 4 years and is all but forgotten!

In all seriousness, you should add AaA and bossy barn as siege legends. They created a great pvp atmosphere at the mouth of despise.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone who was around to see your first la laden posts grasshoppa.. La!

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:)

God, those days back when WBB was loaded with players was fun. Used to be able to get good coin for selling back Power and higher weapons to players whom I had recently disarm stolen from, lol...la

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A couple other guys who have gotten left out

Crassus Takier (TaK)

Wolf (VJ)- love the guy or hate him (as most of us did) he made an impact.

Boz(UND)- there was only one (thank god)

S

Shadow Seer

At least 2 of the guilds I GM'ed got nods.

SBH - Siege Bounty Hunters

and the most fun guild I was ever in...

BFI - Bare Footed Idiots.

Other guilds I GM'ed:
AoD, WORM, SPPD
I was the last GM of AoD back in the day...Angels of Death. *sheds a tear fro Wacker*

SPPD - Siege Perilous Police Department...*TAZERS*
Cops in Brittania

and who can forget my last attempt at Siege....Worm and Da Hoff!!
The WormHole Warriors!

Worm Hole Warrios

Red vs Blue

I had a ton of fun in LoD as well...being I didnt have to worry about guild leader crap.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was going to add Corwin and Star but Rico beat me too it.

Don Nuru {FOB} he used to visit Iantown to make sure no one was killing the sheep.

I'm also going to add Mr Scott I have no idea who he was but I wore a lot of his armor.

F

Førsaken

Forsaken :bowdown:
Carbon Copy #1 :bowdown:
Meph (Back in his prime days, great duelist)
Jaster/Fruit Loops (Great mage and introduced the Hex Box to our shard lawl)
Arden (Wtfpwnd a lot of you back in the lighting wand + lightning spam days and was one of the first to bring manual dismount to avoid bolas to this shard)

I understand what you're going after, but this is my version due to believing this should be about PvP as well.

THE END.

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll add Sloan and Kerr
I have the feeling only ex-WAKA would know the name Kerr...

For those who don't, D is referring to our very own Yasuo Wakayama, who is also (TTBOMK) the only person to have had his name engraved somewhere on this shard, making him the only person *truly* entitled to legendary status!

N

Nabber

How about some of the people who now are simply Myths,

Quickbeam and Plug, Gara and Kewl Hand Luke, Mersault and Lector (yes a UDL) you can still try to catch the UDL here http://ogd.syix.com/catchudl.html . Slim Shady and Zak Crosswind, Nim and Sin.

So much History that only lives in my mind (at least the last 2 braincells I have left).

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Quickbeam and Plug, Gara and Kewl Hand Luke, Mersault and Lector (yes a UDL) you can still try to catch the UDL here http://ogd.syix.com/catchudl.html . Slim Shady and Zak Crosswind, Nim and Sin.

So much History that only lives in my mind (at least the last 2 braincells I have left).
I forgot quickbeam and Plug; those guys were out pking from almost day one.
kewl Hand luke definately should have mention here; I always tryed to take his attitude about pvp. I think his way of doing things really did influence alot of pvpers.

Amanda Shade

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i am not going to nominate any particular players, but the days of GC, UDL, and the pink horde were simply awesome. To me, UO was never better.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i am not going to nominate any particular players, but the days of GC, UDL, and the pink horde were simply awesome. To me, UO was never better.
What was great about thsoe days was thtere was alot more going on besides just that. That was the "headline news". there were all sorts of minor guild to guild conflicts going on outside that. We started getting orc visitors pretty early on at Wispwood clearing. I guess popping arrows into the first orc that asked me for tribute was not very diplomatic:). The politics were so much more diverse back then with all the various guilds. One other guild that has not been mentioned and should be; Xei. They were a small sqaud of blue antis who did not noto, or use guardzones, were very skilled, and one of the most honorable guilds of it's day. They were highly regarded by both friend and enemy alike.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

Not only in your mind, we are some who remember. So many memories. The list of legend people on Siege is long.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the feeling only ex-WAKA would know the name Kerr...

For those who don't, D is referring to our very own Yasuo Wakayama, who is also (TTBOMK) the only person to have had his name engraved somewhere on this shard, making him the only person *truly* entitled to legendary status!
Well I am not an ex WAKA but I knew him better as Kerr and CiB. :)

Still one of my fonder moments on this shard having that... *barbarian* enter Wintermoor carrying his declaration of war upon KSS and my Miranda taking aim with her lil arrows and attackin him on sight for merely carrying a declaration of war into snowy Wintermoor... course I died but we both laughed our arses off, at my Miranda attackin any one on siege, at all. :)

Yes he should be mentioned as a legend here too and beyond. . including a great massive attack upon another shard where he had us all make newbies named Lupa The Butcher to attack everyone fel side like a swarm of newbie ants. That was hysterically fun.

Lothar LoD

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Bruin,

I am quite honored you mentionned LoD in this list.
I do believe you are talking about Gara who owned a blessed hat of the magi.
I had a blessed yellow feathered hat. Maybe less efficient, but lots more stylish.

Hi to all the old Siegers still around, especially my good old friends from back then!
ShadowSeer, Tiberius, it's always nice to see you guys here. I can't wait to join you guys back in the next good MMO.

So! Back on topic!

Considering the requirement to make your list is
"influential, powerful, important".

I have to say that to be the most influential and important (what does important mean anyways? ;), you more likely had to make a lot of politic, which back then used to be made on IRC and Battlevortex.

From that point of view, I gotta tighten my selected few. Lots of leader from powerful guild in my opinion had a lot of influence and were important to the community.

Kewl Hand Luke: My personal favorite. He shaped my view of Siege Perilous. "What good is humility for?" is a quote I'll never forget. Of course he had a lot of power in the NO/PRO alliance

Demoyn: Definitly one of the big mouth of Siege. Praised for his team work and his honor, his small pvp group were solid. However a clash affeceted his credibility when people found out that he had secretly created "twink" character to join guilds like ATF was a very comical moment.

Omid: Proof that sometime, action would speak louder than words, I've never seen Omid as the biggest board fighter. However his action on the field did speak loud as he would pretty much never back down from a fight. Another form of "Influence" it is.

???? (UDL): I forgot his name. And I'm highly surprised I did. Before artifacts was a time that where glacial staff and healing wands were very destructive, but rarely used. This guy had them constantly. Most of the people considered the usage of these items "dishonorable". But fact is that for being on both side of the fence, no one really wanted to fight this guy one on one. Siding along was a better option.

The next following names I'm giving are not "Legends" in my opinion because they were powerful, but their influence was notable. I want to take the time to name them since we've already seen lots of "Top pvper" list, but this "influecial" criterion is very interesting. So here it is:

Grot: Raiding CWS, especially by the end of my Siege career was one of my most fun moments. The few months before I've quit, the game pvp was getting horrible: pvp being mostly around guardzone, cutting the fun factor a lot. The Shire was my last true "fun" heaven of Siege. Grot was behind this, and whenever he was around, my raids on the shire were more fastidious and complicated.

Corwin: When I truly took part of Siege PvP politics, Corwin was one of the rare big mouth of BattleVortex still to debate and fight about everything. Our playstyle were very different, but were our vision so different? Was it just fun and ego that we had endless BV fight? Good question.

Wolf: Hated by most hardcore Pvpers of Siege, Wolf couldn't have an impact on BattleVortex anymore since he was banned. (A ban he deserved for very controversial comment). However as funny as it may sound, the fact he was SO twink and such an opportunist on the battlefield made people remember his name. I'm pushing his name on this list a little much.. since I'm really not sure he deserve being called a "Legend". But I get he did get some major fame for his playstyle. So here is Wolf.

This list is imcomplete, I will try to update it from time to time.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
???? (UDL): I forgot his name. And I'm highly surprised I did. Before artifacts was a time that where glacial staff and healing wands were very destructive, but rarely used. This guy had them constantly. Most of the people considered the usage of these items "dishonorable". But fact is that for being on both side of the fence, no one really wanted to fight this guy one on one. Siding along was a better option.
That can only be Lord Mark, UDL's wandering treasure chest.
Mark did not die offen but when he did, someone got a a really nice loot.

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hey Lothar, is it Paul Atradies(cant remember exact spelling of his last name:/)/Polly ur thinking of? from und...
he was an awesome mage:)

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Boz/Bramos both deserve spots. Watching them chase people down with war hammers and 1 shot them made me laugh out loud.

A

Arden

Forsaken :bowdown:
Carbon Copy #1 :bowdown:
Meph (Back in his prime days, great duelist)
Jaster/Fruit Loops (Great mage and introduced the Hex Box to our shard lawl)
Arden (Wtfpwnd a lot of you back in the lighting wand + lightning spam days and was one of the first to bring manual dismount to avoid bolas to this shard)

I understand what you're going after, but this is my version due to believing this should be about PvP as well.

THE END.
ZOMG Thats me!

A

Arden

I think I have a screen shot of killing nearly every person listed.

And who the hell is this newb Yasuo

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hey Lothar, is it Paul Atradies(cant remember exact spelling of his last name:/)/Polly ur thinking of? from und...
he was an awesome mage:)
I could take Paul back in the day:). He was good and would help Bloodbane and I back when we were UND; he joined up right after we both departed for UDL.

Hiya Lothar! The UDL guy was Mark although some of us would occasionally use that stuff, he never left home without his glacial and mana suit. He was not quite as imposing a threat without his glacials.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Boz/Bramos both deserve spots. Watching them chase people down with war hammers and 1 shot them made me laugh out loud.
One shot war hammers got nerfed pretty quickly. I miss Boz going ape**** in map when he died.

"Boz has logged off the UOAM session"

B

Bennos Morales

Legend? Lindisfarne...Treasure Hunter/ Role player/ Storyteller......Legend, yes!

Thanks for your time, and influence....friend.

and Sloan, indeed (she created my rather awesome sig)!

S

Shadow Seer

I could take Paul back in the day:). He was good and would help Bloodbane and I back when we were UND; he joined up right after we both departed for UDL.

Hiya Lothar! The UDL guy was Mark although some of us would occasionally use that stuff, he never left home without his glacial and mana suit. He was not quite as imposing a threat without his glacials.

Yah, it was defiantly Mark that decked out in glacials. He could be found at the UDL tower West of Safe Haven above the swamps alot.

I remember some good fights with You and Bloodbaine as well. I think it was me and Bluebeard (Savage) that fought you guys around UND/ORC area alot.

C

Castor

Not all are legends but definitely had impact on the shard:

Kelmo and his Iantown crew
All 185 of the wakayamas that transferred here (added a nice twist to the fights here)
Queen Zen
Pappy Joe, John and Crunch (just for how much i laughed at these guys)
Yoda & Darth
Corwin
Revvo
Skylark
Dola & Grot
Feyre

tons more to name. It may seem like a lot of names for one shard to be legends, but the people who played on/play on siege were always extraordinary people so naturally you will have a lot of names

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And I'm wondering why Forsaken hasn't been named yet either.

Being the undisputed #1 PvPer on Siege for now 4 years strong... I dunno, figured that was an accomplishment.

F

Førsaken

And I'm wondering why Forsaken hasn't been named yet either.

Being the undisputed #1 PvPer on Siege for now 4 years strong... I dunno, figured that was an accomplishment.
Because I'm not liked! :sad3:

p.s. :flame: away!