• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Legendary Resisting Spells post AoS, it's possible!

G

>> when im letting the crystal ele or reaper dump on me, do i let the same one dump on me for 30 min? or do i keep killing them over and over again

As I said above :

"If you do not gain off it within 2-3 minutes, kill or leave and move on to the next target. You will not gain if just sits there and pounds on you."

T

Tyro

FYI, when I first made this post I also pm all the OSI dev members with the details and link to this thread in case they need reference and decide for themselves regarding this gaining issue.

Recently, Sannio stated in Uhall forum, "I've seen players recently discussing inappropriately high Magic Resistance skill gains while under certain conditions. I've passed along the details to the Dev Team, and they're looking into it."

B

Baron_Michael

After going from 115.0 to 115.6 in about 4 - 5 hours, I haven't gained anything at all over the course of another 5 - 6 hours. By no means is this fast, it's still very slow. Apparently there's a chance of getting a really large "run" though and thus a few people have made some really good progress, but most the people I know that are trying this aren't making amazing gains. But then again, something is better than nothing and prior to this, I went for weeks stuck at 115.0. Literally a few dozen hours of my life wasted trying to increase my resist.

Seriously, skill gain in this game is so horribly broken... at least at higher levels. It's really damn annoying.

N

Nisse

But its not a garanted way of gaining. I tryed this for about 10-12h totaly now and nothing. I havent gain a singel gain for 4v until yesterday then i got one from the tru harower. As i se it i have a long way to go if he is the one that gives it.
I dont know how skill wals works or if they realy exist but i will trye later to day to work like you sayid now when i got a gain in the normal game play.

N

Nisse

Wow i love the harower. I just tested now after the gain i got from harower and it took me 4 min to get the first gain and shortly after i have got 6 gains.

G

Anyone used this lately? Does anyone know if you have to be going to 120 for this to work? I was using it with 110 max and jewelry that brought me to that cap and summoning air eles. I was gaining in runs every so often, but since yesterday, Saturday, nadda, zip, zilch. Did they change it maybe? Any feedback? Thanks.

I

imported_Kalibek

i tried it yesterday and it worked for me

i was at 97 with +20 jewelry on to get me to 115

i got my first gain from a reaper and then after a short hiatus (r/l stuff happened) i came back and got my second gain in a few minutes

i went from 97.1 to 105.2 in 15 minutes before my friend accidentally killed my reaper /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

but i plan on trying this again in a few days

*side note, once you get your SECOND gain, DONT MOVE. If you move from that spot you lose the ability to do this until the next time you get your ggs

B

Baron_Michael

Does this method actually require GGS as your initial gain?

G

Grommit

No, it requires that you get a gain that is *not* a GGS gain before you get a run.

G

>> FYI, when I first made this post I also pm all the OSI dev members with the details and link to this thread in case they need reference and decide for themselves regarding this gaining issue.

I hope they fix resist instead of just fixing this gain method. As it is, anyone with 110+ resist has to use 'questionable' methods to raise it. There is no legitimate in-game method to raise it, period. Resist = Broken.

N

Neon Ninja

You think it's hard NOW?
Pre-AoS, I got a 120 resist scroll and the following are the numbers for getting from 100-120:
5 accounts (1 gainer, 3 heal mages, 1 reg mage)
3 weeks of 5-10 hours a day
800k in RESOURCES alone (bandages and regs)

I doubt resist could ever get harder than that =\

G

<blockquote><hr>

No, it requires that you get a gain that is *not* a GGS gain before you get a run.

<hr></blockquote>

Incorrect.

Went from 95 to 98 before some tard killed my reaper tonight, all off of my GGS gain.

B

Baron_Michael

I got 120.0 tonight! Went from 116.4 to 120.0; all from a single reaper. I'm not even sure if my first gain was from GGS or not as I haven't really been paying attention to GGS anymore.

Once I got my initial gain from that reaper, I gained from about 75% of every spell that one can normally gain from; i.e. poison, paralyze, etc. I doubt it matters, but I was in combat mode and I did NOT move from the spot where I got my initial gain. I did get hit by a few other reapers after the initial gain, but far as I could tell, I gained only from one reaper.

Anyway, good luck to everyone out there. This method is slow until you get that first gain, and then you seem to gain ad infinitum. Doing this with summoned monsters isn't as efficient obviously as those monsters vanish after a few minutes thus ending your run.

sterger7

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oviously this is a buncha friends tyrin to be losers and give everyonefalse info. I've done this for countless hours and you DO gain at max with jewelry but you DON"T get multiple gains. I've done it numerous time sand it DON"T work.

so don't waste your time.

C

Chandalir

Are obviously clueless.

The shere amount of posts about "ban the exploiters of the resist bug!!11" posts on the U-Hall during last week speaks for itself.

Thus far, it hasn't been confirmed by a dev wether or not its a bug though.

sterger7

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or just ignorant? I could care less about exploiters, I am the worst of them. Fact remains this is a hoax and it don't work...i've been trying ot the last entire week newb.

C

Chandalir

Prove it then. I dare you.

Me? I'll just look at this post and see the astounding results people have had, as well as look at the post made by Raziel before this post was even made where he stumbled across it by accident.

Wether you believe it or not is your call; you only have to go back 3-4 pages on the U-Hall to see everyone whining about people going from 70-120 resist in half an hour.

If calling me a newb somehow alleviates whichever problems you've had with this method feel free to toss the term around. I really could care less.

And this will be my last reply to you on this thread, cause I simply will not allow someone who doesn't believe in thinking up new methods and hasn't had any luck with it, drag it down and get locked cause of name calling.

Last words? You remind me of the sceptics of 8x8'ers 3 years ago. And look where we are today . . .

EDIT:

Magic Resistance 110.0 110.0 +( 2.5)

That probably isn't likely to convince you in any way or shape, but I did that just now, and it took me all of 15 minutes to do. So if you choose to still disbelieve it, its entirely up to you, but don't try to put it off as some kind of fact that it doesn't work, cause that's obviously not true.

G

Sterger...I gotta say that I was a doubter as well. But tonight I went from 97.5 to 110 from one reaper in about an hour! I'd have gone further if I had the scroll. Now that I have 120 max, I haven't been able to get any gains...yet. Best of luck to you....it's real; at least for now, till OSI 'fixes' it because some cry baby whines that it's "too good." *sighs* I'll never understand some people.

I

imported_Kalibek

<blockquote><hr>

I've done this for countless hours and you DO gain at max with jewelry but you DON"T get multiple gains.

<hr></blockquote>

If you moved after you got that gain chances are you nerfed your ability to get mulitple gains.

If you move off that tile, you have to wait for the next post ggs gain.

Two of my friends and myself have gotten mulitple gains by doing it this way.

J

jocko

folks, just a helpful hint. you dont need to use monsters. casting feeble, weaken, etc. on yourself works just as good. just stay in same spot.

ive gone from 85-110 on two chars in less than 30 min each.

jocko

G

Actually, moving has nothing to do with it...at least it didn't for me. I got killed twice on my way from 97.5 to 110, got rezed, came back, and kept right on gaining from the same reaper.

G

Hey all, thanks so much for all the info. I've NEVER in 3 years had a character with over 90 resist. Now, in two days, I've gone from 97.5 to 120!! Just to fill you all in, I spent an hour with one reaper this morning going from 110 to 120. Good luck to you all....IT'S NOT A HOAX!!!! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

T

telemekhos

Great to hear that everyone is doing so well, i on the other hand have hit a wall.
my last gain was a 5pt run yesterday, and today ive gained nothing in over 6hrs of play. I did reaps for 4+hrs, tried crystals, and casting on my self to no avail.
im stuck at 97.5. anyone have any advice?
thanks,
-T-

T

Tyro

<blockquote><hr>

Hey all, thanks so much for all the info. I've NEVER in 3 years had a character with over 90 resist. Now, in two days, I've gone from 97.5 to 120!! Just to fill you all in, I spent an hour with one reaper this morning going from 110 to 120. Good luck to you all....IT'S NOT A HOAX!!!!

<hr></blockquote>
Your welcome. And gratz on your legendary resist.

I think this method of using jewelry will be fixed pretty soon but on the plus side one can gain skills like resist and eval int at high level much easier at constant rate, which I always ask for. This fix is for both normal shards and seige.

I

Ironhead

Looks like this is an old thread, but I found it today, got some tips from it, and went from 118.2 to 120.0 in probably 10 minutes! Went to Shame, found a water ele, and let it whammy me. 2 of it's brothers joined in, so I kept healing myself. Was worried when I drank a heal potion, bcz I was sitting on an ethereal, and there's talk about staying in one spot, but I guess I didn't disturb anything. Equipped w/ a brace of health, stayed in one place, kept healing myself, everything was great. 3 or 4 of the last tenths happened so fast, the previous msg on screen regarding drop of other skill was still on the screen! I've probably been working on resist for 5 years, and this is a huge satisfaction! Gaining it normally is obviously bugged, as I would not gain a tenth in a few weeks of play, sometimes. So, this still works! Try it, enjoy! ICQ me @ 2126293 w/ any questions. Funny thing is, I have zero magery and am a Legendary Mage! =) Disregard the little msg at the bottom, guess I'l have to change it now!

D

Dra'nath

I've done two training sessions on this and it works great. Getting the first gain is the hardest bit. Using reapers the best bet is to fight one for a few mins, if it dont give you a gain kill it and move on to another. I do this for half an hour and if I don't get that initial gain I go and do something else and try again the next day. I'm doing with a pally and found it best to disarm his weapon and stand next to the tree and let him hit it with his fists, it does little damage but seems to get more spells cast by the reaper than standing a couple squares back. My best gain session I was standing in-between two reapers (one teleported in close to me) and I used holy light to provoke them when the spell casting slowed down. When you gain you don't get a message saying your magic resist went up, you just get a message saying someother skill went down (if you at 700 skill cap).

Went from 79-ish skill to 99.3 in a little under two hours. Make sure your armour is well repaired in advance and take lots of regs/bandies/whatever you use to heal and cure.

D

Dra'nath

Interestingly, at one point I lagged and died. Ran to a nearby wandering healer, ressed, ran back to gain spot and gains continued on as if nothing had happened. A friend tells me you can bugger off for quite a while and so long as the original reaper is still there when you come back you can still get the gains.

Now I just need to get my hands on the gold for a 120....

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahem ...

The Resist gain method described in this thread has been declared illegal by GMs months ago; there was a sticky post by the moderators on this subject which disappeared with the forum purge. So at least try not to post here if you are still using it /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif

A

Al Bryant

And where did you get this information? The post by the moderators that said it was illegal was acually unstickyed because they recieved word that it was legal once again. It is a few pages back if you would like to check it.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ooops ... sorry, I was on vacation while the rule change happened and I didn't notice that the thread was still there. Thanks for pointing this out. Now I need to find a 120 Resist scroll as well /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

G

i've heard this was 'fixed' with the publish last week or whatever, does anyone know for certain that it is working as of today??

Nugatta

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got to 120 resist using this method on 8-26-04. I think that was after the pub.