• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Legendary Resisting Spells post AoS, it's possible!

T

Tyro

I've been complaining for months about GGS being broken for certain skills at high lvl (115+) such as resisting spells, but to no avail. So I determine to find a way to get it and finish with gaining skills once and for all. Start off on Wednesday night at 116.0 and finish off to 120.0 just now at midnight Friday.

The general method is to summon elems to cast on you, while being unguilded in Trammel. You need to wear +resist skill jewelry to reach your max cap. After the initial non-ggs gain, you will get immediately multiple gains after that. The gains range from .2 to .7 each time. Now the hard part is to get this initial gain. I've gained more than I ever did since AoS. (MrTact takes note: playing the game normally is almost imposible to gain consistently; I've tried that for months and the skill gain has flaw.)

I think this method is working for any level as long as you have +skill jewelry to get resisting skill to the cap. 90 real skill, get jewelry to 100 cap then do it. If you cap at 110 and your real skill is at 106, wear jewelry to max it out at 110 then do it, etc.

Good luck on your quest to legendary in resisting spells. Do it before it gets fix.

B

BillSnow

any idea if this works at lower levels?...

im trying to find a good way to get from 60's to 100....

any hints on that since you are at 120?

T

Tyro

Don't know about very low level since I got around 115 after AoS. May be some other peeps around that level can fill in for that info.

N

Nisse

hmm tryed it for 40 min now and i cant get a singel gain.

T

Tyro

It might take more than 40 mins to get the initital gain, depeding on your r/l luck. It's also the hardest part, too.

T

Tyro

Do not cast protection up. You need to get to the max cap for it to work.

If you're at very low lvl, sub 100, then it's good to have protection up to gain faster but you don't gain multiple gains at a single spot.

L

Leris

okay thanks alot ^^
i need to get 120 from 108.2 for one guy, and 100 from 90 on the other. i just bought my jewels and got the ggs gain on the 90 guy woot now for the waiting game

L

Leris

ive been using air eles so far and ive gotten my initial gain for sure now with no luck on gains after.... what exactly were you fighting?

E

EekUO

what were you fighting. tried reapers, no luck. tried summons, no luck. do you have to be fighting the same monster or just same monster type?

T

Tyro

Same monster type. You can use pure air elems or both air and water elems.

I

imported_Kalibek

ive been doing this for 4 hours now

im at 100 base with 115 cap. My jewelry is +18 so im at 115
i gained .1 with ggs and then .1 with regular

maybe it only works with +20 scrolls?

E

EekUO

I just personally think it's all bull. I've been trying all day, not gaining even .1 resist. Tried everything from reapers to air ellies to water ellies. Hell I've even tried healers, summoned deamons, summon water ellies and nothing at all. I've wasted a day that I called off on trying to gain this stupid skill.

R

Raziel00uk

it's definatly not bull, I did it accidently and didn't know how it happened but I was wearing jewelry that took me past my cap

N

Neiron

Pretty sure this has been fixed for quite a while now. Afaik you can't gain a single skill anymore when you're maxed with jewellery. Even if your real skill is lower.

S

Stardestroyer

It does work, took some time for me to get the initial gain but after that I gained 0.6 in a few minutes.

First I summoned air ellys, then air + water elly, then air ellys again, then I tried a daemon. The daemon gave me the first and the 5 next gains.

Might wanna give them a try if water/air ellys dont work.

N

Neiron

Well, all i can think would make that true is when you did it a while back before the fix. But sure, somebody prove me wrong and tell me you've been able to gain a skill lately where your jewellery made you max skill. I'm talking about any skill and even with ggs!!

S

Stardestroyer

I did it 30 mins ago /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

Good enough for you?

N

Neiron

What exactly did you do 30 mins ago? What skill, what level with and without items?

S

Stardestroyer

Started with 94.4, put on a +7 resist ring, summoned a daemon, got a gain, gained a total of 0.6 from that single daemon. Started at 95.0, stopped with 95.2 after the second summoned daemon.

Wearing no armor, no protection. Only clothes and the +7 resist ring.

C

Chandalir

Read Raziels post about gaining legendary resist; he did his on the crystal thingies in Malas.

R

Raziel00uk

yep got to 120 off a crystal elly of all things ( they have pathetic skills ) althought I did it without knowing =]

T

Tyro

<blockquote><hr>

so thats how I got 114.4 - 120 in 30 mins =]

<hr></blockquote>
If Raziel did it in just 30 mins, you might want to try the crystal elems instead of the summoned ones for faster gains.

I just want to inform all mage colleagues that it's possible now to get legendary resist in a reasonable amount of time. It's not a joke.

R

Raziel00uk

not saying crystal ellies were fast, I was just killing them and got 2 gains a arow so let it keep casting and kept getting gains =] ( my ring had + 8 resists ) If anyhting I would suggest soemthign with higher mana regen /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif but the crystal elly was absolutly no threat which made things easy =]

N

Neiron

Well it shouldn't work on only summoned creatures. It's just because when you summon a target it will have a different target id and therefore have the ability to gain on it if it's the "right" target. However, after doing a few more tests today i don't think you can gain on skills anymore when your skills are capped. Unless resist works different than other skills of course, but kinda doubt that.

S

Shadow1980

Not true. I seem to be able to rise my characters fine while Jewelry has them at their cap but the real skill is lower. In fact with some skill you will succeed more and therefore even gain more then without jewerly.

T

Tyro

<blockquote><hr>

Why have you to be unguilded?

<hr></blockquote>
So the elems that you summon don't deal direct dmg to you when you're unguilded and in trammel (trammel code). You can be guilded and can still gain, no problem. It's just a hassle having to keep your health up.

N

Nisse

ARRGHHHH screming of frustration. I dont know how many houers now and not a singel gain. im at 115,2

N

Neiron

Well, all i can say is it's highly likely people going to try this are going to completely waste their time. No point in a yes - no argument though, as it's pretty hard to prove either way. I suggest, for those not getting it to work to look at the "Mage help please /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif" thread also in this mage forum.

T

Tyro

<blockquote><hr>

Do i have to be in war mode?

<hr></blockquote>
When I did it, the whole time I wasn't in war mode.

Believe me, I know how frustrate it's to not gaining resist. I've complained about the broken skill gain at higher level forever. Don't know if this method is intended or not by OSI, but it sure let you gain a lot faster than normal game play.

S

Stardestroyer

Hmm, like I said I am getting this to work... but it's still sloooow. I gained a total of 0.4 today, that with hours of work.

I got a 'run' when two summoned air ellis dumped on me, when they got dispelled I summoned another two, gained nothing, summoned two again but nothing /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

Perhaps monsters would be better still.

W

WonderBrick

Did you have to move around, on boat or on land, to find a "magic" spot, like anatomy/lore has?

T

Tyro

You can move around, but once you get a gain you only will get more multiple gains at that same spot. When I did, I stood in one spot at my house. I guess you can do that on boat, too.

G

&gt;&gt; Well, all i can say is it's highly likely people going to try this are going to completely waste their time

This is an excellent way to get from 75ish to 100 and it does work well. The problem is people are using summons which is counter productive because your gains 'run' will end when the spell ends. If you use Reapers or other casters you will gain to your max.

Here is the method, exactly how it is done.

1) Get jewelry to max out or your resist. If its not maxed out it will not get a gain run. If your 75 or under, you will need to raise your resist more until you can max it with jewels. Don't use a power scroll if your not already 100.

2) Put the jewelry on and leave it on.

3) Don't use protection or reflect. Don't use a powerscroll in the middle of your run.

4) Fight Reapers, the first gain you get after your ggs gain just sit there and let it pound on you. You will get a resist gain every non-damage spell it casts on you. If you do not gain off it within 2-3 minutes, kill or leave and move on to the next target. You will not gain if just sits there and pounds on you.

Other critters will work too. Crystal Eles are good to trap on houses (pic) and their spells are not quite as damaging. Also they are not quite as boring as reapers. It does not matter if you move or not.

5) It will take about 30 minutes per 5 points of pain, give or take.

That will do it. The hard part is getting your gain after your ggs. At 85 or lower its not too bad, but if your like me and post 100 it can be frustrating to do it hours upon hours and see no gain at all. You can use any creatures, but I do not recommend being inside of a boat or house for gains (dunno if it would work).

Thats pretty much all there is too it.

allis

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just on a side note.... if your at 110+ resist dont expect gains from air elle's since they only have 70 magery/eval...

I

imported_Kalibek

<blockquote><hr>

5) It will take about 30 minutes per 5 points of pain, give or take.

<hr></blockquote>

is that .5 or 5.0?

B

Baron_Michael

<blockquote><hr>

just on a side note.... if your at 110+ resist dont expect gains from air elle's since they only have 70 magery/eval...

<hr></blockquote>

I just started using this method. I've went from 115.0 to 115.6 in about 3 or 4 hours... using air elementals. So I guess they do work to some degree. I'm going to try some other things as well though and see how that turns out.

B

Baron_Michael

<blockquote><hr>

Read Raziels post about gaining legendary resist; he did his on the crystal thingies in Malas.

<hr></blockquote>

Where in Malas do you find these cyrstal thingies?

S

Sly of NV

Right outside Luna in the Crystal Fens forest. Head east out of the city into the woods.

T

Tyro

<blockquote><hr>

This is an excellent way to get from 75ish to 100 and it does work well. The problem is people are using summons which is counter productive because your gains 'run' will end when the spell ends. If you use Reapers or other casters you will gain to your max.

Here is the method, exactly how it is done.

1) Get jewelry to max out or your resist. If its not maxed out it will not get a gain run. If your 75 or under, you will need to raise your resist more until you can max it with jewels. Don't use a power scroll if your not already 100.

2) Put the jewelry on and leave it on.

3) Don't use protection or reflect. Don't use a powerscroll in the middle of your run.

4) Fight Reapers, the first gain you get after your ggs gain just sit there and let it pound on you. You will get a resist gain every non-damage spell it casts on you. If you do not gain off it within 2-3 minutes, kill or leave and move on to the next target. You will not gain if just sits there and pounds on you.

<hr></blockquote>
That's even better than summoning method there. I did mention that my gains end around 0.7 since elems only give you limited compare to one mob like a reaper. In fact, you can gain a lot more at one spot using a reaper or a crystal elem. But that's a question of efficency (I didn't try all methods since I'm already done).

S

Stardestroyer

I gm'd on reapers yesterday, took me 15-20 mins from 97 to 100.

Anyone know what would work better than reapers from 100 to 110? I cant get to Malas so crystal ellis is a no no...

I

imported_Kalibek

when im letting the crystal ele or reaper dump on me, do i let the same one dump on me for 30 min? or do i keep killing them over and over again