• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Legendary Mapmaker's Glasses (skill stacking)

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My understanding on the glasses is that they would work like mining gloves (if +5 gloves are equipped at GM then your mining will be 105). I finally dug up a pair of +2 glasses and put them on to test if they might give a noticeable bump in loot and my carto didn't move.

Couple questions:

• Is this the intention? If GM carto the glasses don't add additional skill?
  • For those that have been using the glasses at GM carto; have you noticed a difference in chests?

I've only done 2 hoard chests so far (trying to level up my RT on lower level maps) and both were without the glasses and around 3500 luck I got 1 gold chest and 1 metal chest. At 100 carto (no glasses) I've pulled up all gold chests on stash & supply so it doesn't seem like the glasses would be useful for digging up those type of chests.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'll believe that when I see it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just got these from a Mage Supply chest in Malas:
Sell em FAST! They will all be nerfed to 1 - 5 according to Kyronix.

Somehow they missed those in Testing.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Something else that was bodged up, never. If they are to be nerfed why the hell are they even in the game, someone must have created them? and I understand the dev team is very small. How do they NOT know what they, or each other are doing? Can they get anything right?

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
pretty much like the same unintentional way they put 13 mods items in the game , then decided to ninja nerf it across the board

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm out of Supply Chests, done 'em all without getting even 1 pair of glasses (20 or so) :sad3:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm out of Supply Chests, done 'em all without getting even 1 pair of glasses (20 or so) :sad3:
@Parnoc - The glasses are more on the "rare" side. I've done about 75-80 supply chest while training RT and I've gotten 3 (highest was a +2 pair). I'd say you were likely on the cusp of getting a pair (RNG depending of course!). Keep at it!

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think you have to have the Zippy quest to get the maps, can't you just buy the anchors and use them?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think you have to have the Zippy quest to get the maps, can't you just buy the anchors and use them?
You need the Zealotry quest. You can get MiBs from the hooks but you want the Hidden Treasures Quest Line. Gemologist in Brit. Emerald,Amber,Pearl to get a Supply T map. Over and Over...

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You need the Zealotry quest. You can get MiBs from the hooks but you want the Hidden Treasures Quest Line. Gemologist in Brit. Emerald,Amber,Pearl to get a Supply T map. Over and Over...
To get the quest though you have to win in the pits beforehand right?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Naw, you don't need a quest or anything, just buy the Special Salvage Hooks (anchors) from Hepler Paulson the Salvage Master in front of the Sea Sons Building at Trinsic dock.

Get on a boat head out to deep water and cast the hooks and kill the stuff - krakens, water eles, deep sea serpents, sea serpents.
A little on the expensive side but well made up for getting MIBs too (with evidently the new rate of ancients unless I was just real lucky).

I did 100 of them last night and got 7 stash maps, 10 supply maps, 22 MIBs of which 3 turned into ancients and popped with a "no luck" archer. Usually throw out 3 or sometimes even 4 at a time of the anchors, cause several of them have are duds and have nothing come up at all.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Naw, you don't need a quest or anything, just buy the Special Salvage Hooks (anchors) from Hepler Paulson the Salvage Master in front of the Sea Sons Building at Trinsic dock.

Get on a boat head out to deep water and cast the hooks and kill the stuff - krakens, water eles, deep sea serpents, sea serpents.
A little on the expensive side but well made up for getting MIBs too (with evidently the new rate of ancients unless I was just real lucky).

I did 100 of them last night and got 7 stash maps, 10 supply maps, 22 MIBs of which 3 turned into ancients and popped with a "no luck" archer. Usually throw out 3 or sometimes even 4 at a time of the anchors, cause several of them have are duds and have nothing come up at all.
I think @Pawain is saying the Zippy quest is a good way to get only supply chests (rather than stash maps which appear to be junk and MIBs).

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards

to buy from Helper Paulson, you have to do the gravewater quest first...

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
To get the quest though you have to win in the pits beforehand right?
to do the zealotry quest you do have to do the pits first...
when you do the quest... have a second char go down, when you are on the last one...
they don't have to do any fighting in there to get credit. (as long as they picked up the quest to be able to do it)
And they can just keep the quest, so you can get the maps any time (as long as you have the large gems)