• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Legal?

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
- Its legal to promote "site" on vendors (using books on vendors) and bulletin
boards on shops, to promote "site" where you can buy items and golds for rl$?

- Its legal to sell "clearly" duped items on vendors? (putting them for sale on vendors or just writing on books, "not for sale" on vendors, that say "xxx for sale, contact me icq: xxxxx")

...i see many shops that do it!

G

No and i realy wish they would do something about it.So many of those sites are scam and hack sites its sad.For those who dont know better they risk loosing there accounts to hackers everytime they visit one.

C

Connor_Graham

I pick them up and use them as free supplies for the runebook quest packs I sell on my vendor.

G

Nope.

Personally I would page and say.
The shop 'name' at location 'co-ords/town, facet' is in violation of rule 8 of the rules of conduct. Please check.

here's where I got the information on which rule is being broken
Rules of Conduct

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Nope.

Personally I would page and say.
The shop 'name' at location 'co-ords/town, facet' is in violation of rule 8 of the rules of conduct. Please check.

here's where I got the information on which rule is being broken
Rules of Conduct

[/ QUOTE ]

thx for all info! =)
i'll do it just now, hoping someone i'll do something...i hope!
Anyway i'll try! i hate this...

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i just do it.
but when it say i have to put 3 names of players involved i write the name of the owner of the house and the name of, at last, 2 of the vendors name. But
it say that "complaint target *vendor name* was not found"!!
but looks like he accepted the name of the owner of the shop!

bha! hope i do it correctly!

G

Hmmm, interesting, my post with a screenshot of Napa's "King of Dupers" and his friend wearing highly illegal items was deleted. From what i understand, it's against Stratics' RoC to directly name someone, but it's not illegal to show a screenshot with their name/paperdoll in it.

Well, like i said before my post was deleted, there is a vendor house in Luna on Napa that used to have a bunch of vendors on it that were decked out with HIGHLY illegal items on their' paperdoll, stuff that was plainly duped. Even the vendors were tweaked, they had 2 weapons in the same hand, both weapons an illegal color.

Pretty sad when GMs can see those and people wearing them illegal items and do nothing, but as soon as they see someone with a url in their profile (Even one to your guild website or favorite music band) they'll ban you immediately.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Hmmm, interesting, my post with a screenshot of Napa's "King of Dupers" and his friend wearing highly illegal items was deleted. From what i understand, it's against Stratics' RoC to directly name someone, but it's not illegal to show a screenshot with their name/paperdoll in it.

Well, like i said before my post was deleted, there is a vendor house in Luna on Napa that used to have a bunch of vendors on it that were decked out with HIGHLY illegal items on their' paperdoll, stuff that was plainly duped. Even the vendors were tweaked, they had 2 weapons in the same hand, both weapons an illegal color.

Pretty sad when GMs can see those and people wearing them illegal items and do nothing, but as soon as they see someone with a url in their profile (Even one to your guild website or favorite music band) they'll ban you immediately.

[/ QUOTE ]

ho well, i didnt write here names or put any screenshots, i'm only
asking what i can do. He "clearly" have on the bullettin board of
his shop "A LOT" of sites, url, saying that sell gold/items for rl $!

This is really too much!

I'm waiting and i think i'll receive a canned response, like always...we'll see.
What else i can do?
Sending an email to jeremy? or what?
thx

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
omg, another canned response....
BUT, suddently all sites promoted on the shop bullettin board "disappear"!
Owner remove it or....gm remove it without doing something?
I think the second....SAD! SAD and SAD!

someone can point me in the right direction i dont
wanna see shops like this, having vendors that sell duped items
(like vine cord sandals) ...these vendors also wear some pair of vine cord sandals,
promote gold for rl$ with icq and istruction!

disgusted!

again: "someone can point me in the right direction"?
what else i can do? contact jeremy or what?
thx

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I pick them up and use them as free supplies for the runebook quest packs I sell on my vendor.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice post, compliments!
at last you add 1 to your post count on the forum!

G

yes, send the information to Jeremy.

and wait to see what happens. What's been done so far may not be all that's going to be done.

GM's have limited powers, it may be that whoever dealt with it will have to consult someone higher up before he can do more.

Which 'canned response' did you get?

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

yes, send the information to Jeremy.

and wait to see what happens. What's been done so far may not be all that's going to be done.

GM's have limited powers, it may be that whoever dealt with it will have to consult someone higher up before he can do more.

Which 'canned response' did you get?

[/ QUOTE ]

the same canned response i receive always:
we'll investigate ont it...it'll take time...and so on!

do you have the jeremy email? thx for your reply =)
(at last someone show interest about this game!)

G

Have to remember sometimes the owner of the building doesn't know that the person is going to do this. They tell the shop owner that they are going to sell "rares" out of the vendor and the owner rents out the spot to them without second thoughts until it's too late. Then they have to wait a week for the contract to expire before they can get rid of them.

G

everything is legal in this game.

I justed check Asheron's Calls boards. Its amazing they are still giving monthly content updates/patches.

I wish they hadn't screwed up my account info when microsoft took over. I really like playing games that update/fix on a regular basis.

Once a quarter isn't enough for me.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

- Its legal to sell "clearly" duped items on vendors? (putting them for sale on vendors or just writing on books, "not for sale" on vendors, that say "xxx for sale, contact me icq: xxxxx")

[/ QUOTE ]

For the time being yes. The book part is doing nothing wrong. Selling of duped goods not cool, but unless you can prove to them or the GM's can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the item is duped then they cannot do anything.

I also use books like that on my vendors for high dollar items. I put "xxx item for sale. ICQ me" etc. Saves alot on vendor fees. I also pay nearly 500k per day for my vendor to operate right now. So I am paying my dues.

G

"Stratics' RoC to directly name someone, but it's not illegal to show a screenshot with their name/paperdoll in it."

Mhm, you're wrong. Wouldn't be logical not to allow written names but permit screenshot with the same name, would it?

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Have to remember sometimes the owner of the building doesn't know that the person is going to do this. They tell the shop owner that they are going to sell "rares" out of the vendor and the owner rents out the spot to them without second thoughts until it's too late. Then they have to wait a week for the contract to expire before they can get rid of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

correct, but in this case, like i say before, also the owner of this shop
have on "HIS" shop bulletin board "sites" and notes about selling rares items and
gold for rl$!

ops, sorry, "had", because after i page on gm i was waiting in queue and then
after some secs, the messages (with sites and $) on his bulletin board disappear!!

Great gm work, dont you think so?

the SAD face, is that we can do nothing against this...
also with clear info &amp; indications!

honest 0 - notHonest 1 (again)!

G

"honest 0 - notHonest 1 (again)!"

- I don't understand why you keep mentioning that.

You called the GM.
The GM gave you a 'canned response'.
The GM acted upon your concerns and removed the bulletin board information.
You have no idea if or when that person's account may be actioned (might be banned, might get a warning, might happen next time they log in, or the GM's might have flagged this account to look into banning more than just that account).

But the GM has already shown you proof that they have acted upon this issue.
Usually you don't get to see such clear proof that they have taken action, but with the BBoard being involved you got to see it get erased.

So, why do you still think the bad guy won after you've been given proof that the GM took action in response to your concern?

N

nineninefour

Jeez, there's some reeeeeeeeal Deputy Dans on this board.

Excuse me, constable, chief, sergeant, and lieutenant; you guys have a minute? Might I make a suggestion?

Stop policing everyone and just freakin' play.

---

<font face="courier new">No, I don't advertise on uo, no I don't deal duped items, no I haven't had the GMs paged on me and I'm bitter. I just happen to know how to mind my own business. I grew out of tattle-tailing on my seventh birthday. </font type=fixed>

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
maybe players are deciding if not circling with burning torches game wont get fixed and if fixed get more decent players so it stays around!!!!

I

imported_dukarlo

<blockquote><hr>

- Its legal to promote "site" on vendors (using books on vendors) and bulletin
boards on shops, to promote "site" where you can buy items and golds for rl$?

...i see many shops that do it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it really matter if its legal? Its not like EA does anything about any kind of cheating anyways.

I

imported_ElRay

<blockquote><hr>

General principle of lobbying: squeaky wheel gets the grease.

[/ QUOTE ]

no let me correct you: General principle of lobbying: squeaky wheel gets the grease, unless its players squeaking about speedhacks, hacks in pvp, in Ultima Online

then you get to feel what intentionally ignored feels like

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

Jeez, there's some reeeeeeeeal Deputy Dans on this board.

Excuse me, constable, chief, sergeant, and lieutenant; you guys have a minute? Might I make a suggestion?

Stop policing everyone and just freakin' play.

---

<font face="courier new">No, I don't advertise on uo, no I don't deal duped items, no I haven't had the GMs paged on me and I'm bitter. I just happen to know how to mind my own business. I grew out of tattle-tailing on my seventh birthday. </font type=fixed>

[/ QUOTE ]
Try acting on your own advice. Your post is no different than what you are complaining about.