• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Legacy Token Codes do not work ? None of them ??

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I needed a couple of Legacy Token codes but when I got them and tried to apply them I got a failed error message. Yes, I did copy and paste them to make sure I did not mistype them...

So, I contacted support and after a serious of back and forth messages and almost a week of waiting for something conclusive on the issue I get this astonishing message :

Hello Fellow Gamer,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Customer Support. I do apologize for any delay in my response. I have been assigned to your issue, and would be happy to assist you in this matter. As a gamer myself, I understand how frustrating Legacy Tokens not working can be. At this point in time the Legacy codes are not working. I do apologise for the inconvenience. None of the Legacy codes we send you will work. I apologise.

If you need further assistance please reply to this email or contact us at the number below. Also a good link for some additional troubleshooting steps can be found at www.support.ea.com.
Now, that support update shocked me for a number of reasons :

# 1)
If no Legacy Token code work, why I have been given them in the first place and not told that there was a mulfunctioning in the system for the time being ?

# 2)
Why I get told that no Legacy Token Code whatsoever work only after about a week from when I tried getting them and after SEVERAL messages back and forth ?
How is it possible that the other representatives at support did not know about such an issue ???

# 3)
How is it that the message I received stating that no Legacy Token code works at this time does not mention that the problem is being looked at and gives me an estimate of WHEN I will be able to get working Legacy Token Codes ??

# 4)
The ending of the reply I find it astonishing. A link to "additional troubleshooting steps"? I mean, if NONE of the Legacy Token Codes work as they are freshly generated, WHAT GOOD CAN EVER DO TO ME some link to "additional troubleshooting steps" ? I am not sure how I could possibly comment this.......

Personally, I feel mistreated as a customer over this and left in the dark in regards to something related to the game I have been supporting for years.

I can understand that problems may show up, what I cannot understand is representatives not aware of game related issues, the time I wasted to write back and forth over something that had no solution for the time being (since NO Legacy Token code works at this time...), and most of all be left now without even being told whether the problem is being looked at and WHAT THE TIME ESTIMATE MIGHT BE for a solution of the problem.

That is, I have no clue now whether I will be able to get some working Legacy Token Codes that I need and when.

Perhaps Cal of Mythic or some other rep here can look into this issue and update us on it ?

Thanks.

B

Beastmaster

Woot! Don't you love that empathetic cut and paste job?

Hello Fellow Gamer,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Customer Support. I do apologize for any delay in my response. I have been assigned to your issue, and would be happy to assist you in this matter. As a gamer myself, I understand how frustrating Legacy Tokens not working can be. At this point in time the Legacy codes are not working. I do apologise for the inconvenience. None of the Legacy codes we send you will work. I apologise.

earlier post
Hello Fellow Gamer,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Customer Support. I have been assigned to your issue, and would be happy to assist you in this matter. As a gamer myself, I understand how frustrating this issue can be. Please try this new code below.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Woot! Don't you love that empathetic cut and paste job?

earlier post

They must be sure 100% that no freshly generated Legacy Token Codes whatsoever work since this other fellow player was offered replacement code to try out and yet I was not.

I can only explain this thinking that a replacement would be useless at this time since none of them work.

Yet, I could still be told that I WILL receive them as soon as they fix the problem and this would be, approximately, in XY much time.
But I was not.......

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you send Cal a PM? Nobody on here can help you but Cal has been helping people.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This might be a dumb question, but... Did you paste them into the UO account management screen, or did you paste them into the game in the code place there?

H

HongKongCavalier

They must be sure 100% that no freshly generated Legacy Token Codes whatsoever work since this other fellow player was offered replacement code to try out and yet I was not.

I can only explain this thinking that a replacement would be useless at this time since none of them work.

Yet, I could still be told that I WILL receive them as soon as they fix the problem and this would be, approximately, in XY much time.
But I was not.......
I bought 3 legacy tokens on 10/15 and just redeemed them tonight with no issues. Unless something happened with codes purchased sometime after 10/15, it would seem there's no problem. They really ought to just send you new codes to try.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This might be a dumb question, but... Did you paste them into the UO account management screen, or did you paste them into the game in the code place there?

On the paperdoll, when pressing the HELP button a gump comes up with several options.
The last one is "PROMOTIONAL CODES" and when selected it provides an additional gump with a blank like where the code is supposed to be entered.
That is where I pasted the codes I was given (CTRL-C for copy and CTRL-V for paste).
And they did not work (I got a failure message like when a GM replies to a query, the small red dot on top of left screen that when clicked displays the message)....

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

But I was not.......
I bought 3 legacy tokens on 10/15 and just redeemed them tonight with no issues. Unless something happened with codes purchased sometime after 10/15, it would seem there's no problem. They really ought to just send you new codes to try.

Now, that is VERY odd because I received the codes on 10/15 also and mine did NOT work. The message that said none of the codes work is dated 10/20.

If you got the codes on 10/15, the same day I got mine (phone order, codes where sent to me with e-mail after placing order over the phone), I would imagine my codes should have also worked.

Now I do not know what to think any longer.......

H

HongKongCavalier

Now, that is VERY odd because I received the codes on 10/15 also and mine did NOT work. The message that said none of the codes work is dated 10/20.

If you got the codes on 10/15, the same day I got mine (phone order, codes where sent to me with e-mail after placing order over the phone), I would imagine my codes should have also worked.

Now I do not know what to think any longer.......
Well, figuring I could always use the extra Soul Stone, I just bought another Legacy Token and didn't have a problem redeeming the code.

Only difference is I bought mine (same as last time) off the website. Did you get the message in-game "We are processing your request" at least when trying to redeem? I notice if I try to re-use a code, or use the order confirmation code instead of the token code itself, I at least get that message. I just never get the token or the message "A token has been placed in your backpack. Double click it to redeem your promotion".

Wonder if you somehow were just sent confirmation numbers instead of token codes, or maybe sent duplicate token codes that were already redeemed.

Also, you might want to try just typing in random numbers in the redemption code box and see if the game reacts the same way as when you try the actual code (message or no message this time?). That might help troubleshoot the issue.

Good luck with working this out.