• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Leather tub that dyes only cloths...legal?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As title says, are leather tubs that dyes only cloths legal? I know I picked mine up from an IDOC.

S

Simon Francis

Just sell a leather dye tub to a tailor npc, buy it back for 8gp, then it dyes cloth only.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just sell a leather dye tub to a tailor npc, buy it back for 8gp, then it dyes cloth only.
Sarcasm or not? In case not...dyes the same colors as a leather tub, such as gold and vertite, etc? Cause that is what mine does, dyes shadow color and all else like it would to leather.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can't sell the tubs back anymore, i tried
Yeah, didn't even know about the "bug" with the leather tub until I heard it was fixed, lol. So, does that mean these are ok to have? If so, it's for sale.

xxstaticxx

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then you got a cool GM lol, in most all cases GM's have reverted them to their original state. It's considered an Exploit.

D

DVI

Many of the bugged tubs that allowed you to dye leather items the clothing colors may have been reverted, but I know of many leather tubs that dye clothing leather colors floating around b/c theyre so undesirable and are the by product of a failed attempt to produce the more valuable neon leather dye tub.