• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Leather Aprons?

K

Keno Zi

I came across something for sale and was wondering about its validity, has anyone ever heard of a bug from around 2003 where you could make aprons out of leather and they had the colored hue of them?

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I do remember those! There was something bugged about making aprons and you could only make them out of leather. Their color would be the color of the leather you used.

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I came across something for sale and was wondering about its validity, has anyone ever heard of a bug from around 2003 where you could make aprons out of leather and they had the colored hue of them?
I still have the ones I made back then. Here's a picture-

I figure they have very little gold value. I've never seen them for sale, that I can recall.

BlissMarie

Peil

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is that name "Leather Full Apron" or "Full Apron" ? :)

K

Keno Zi

Yeah I have a apron and four half aprons. Their names are normal, its just their hues that give it away. Hm, alright.

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry no idea on value - I have a few of them tucked away as well...

With all the new dyes out there I am not sure if any would come close to the leather colors on the aprons?

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't know if this is how you could make them or not, but years ago some leather tubs were apparently bugged some how to dye cloth and you could use them to dye cloth leather colors. I know of many still around and in use from hearing people talk and seeing the cloth colors. They were VERY common during this time and I'm sure there are tons still out there. Just a thought on it.

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The publish that included the leather apron bug also allowed you to make leather gozas.

If the aprons were cut up, they returned cloth, not leather.

I was a fairly new player back then and I remember being excited over the ability to make leather aprons. At this point, I have no idea why that was exciting to me. haha - just a newb thing, perhaps. =) I do remember thinking blacksmiths should have leather aprons in order to help protect themselves.

BlissMarie