• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Leandra has passed away.

A

Arla

Carolyn Grismore, also known on these forums as Leandra, lost her battle with cancer and passed away in the early hours of Saturday morning, June 28. She is survived by her daughter Susan, her son David and granddaughter Rachel, her sister Maryann and her brother Roy, numerous nieces and nephews and many friends.

In lieu of any memorials, the family asks that assistance be given to your local Hospice - or to the American Cancer Society.

Trillian - I know she had made some arrangements with you - if she had not gotten around to letting you have her address, please e-mail me at the address in my user-profile and I will send it to you.

She went peacefully, in her sleep, in no pain - as she wished.

Rest peacefully, my dear friend - you will be missed.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the plus side, she avoided the worst part of the journey.

P

PsychoBunny

Hugs, thoughts and prayers to the family. Bless you, Leandra. May you be at peace. And wherever your spirit is, go give 'em hell, girl!

*raises a glass in fond memory of Carolyn*

D

Dizzy Twicker

Oh dear, that was fast. I'm so sorry to hear this.

A class act through and through.

Rest in peace, Carolyn.

D

Dosa Ravengard

Trill, please pm me the info to send a memorial to the family.

We didn't always see eye to eye with Leandra, but we loved her. This place won't be the same without her.

Rest in peace sweet lady.

F

Frapster

What heartbreaking news. Thank you, Arla for letting us know. Leandra cared for you very much - her loyalty and friendship were one of her many strengths. I will personally miss Leandra very much.

Studly

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG

:(

That was quick, I will miss her posts and her great spirit that she showed during this fight.

May she rest in peace.

Studly

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know why but after reading this, this song popped into my head, I think Leandra would have liked it.

[youtube]xIAWY4LLsEw[/youtube]

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry to hear this. I didn't know her very well but it's apparent she was liked and respected around here and I regret that I didn't get a chance to know her better.

Her family will be in my thoughts today, and I'm glad at least that she died the way she wanted, and without pain.

Marcey

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry to hear this. I admire her courage and strength in these past few weeks.

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh my... that was quick... too quick for everyone left behind, but probably better for Her.
I cannot help thinking that now She knows what's on the other side and is sort of neener-neener looking from there on us, clueless people.

PS. hi Arla, long time...

A

Angelic Demoness

Very sudden and somehow unexpected, in spite of what has gone before. The pleasure of reading Leandra's well thought out arguments was one of the reason I stayed around OT after I first discovered it. We've lost a keen and highly intelligent mind.

My heart goes out to those she left behind, and those who loved her.

W

Wisty

*was stunned when first heard she had cancer* I'm glad she didn't suffer. That's the worst part of those kinds of illnesses, deaths. She sounded like she had a very full life. I hope she has found her answers and is where she wished to be. *somehow still stunned*

T

tyler_durden

Rest well, Leandra. I'm thankful that you didn't suffer. I'll truly miss seeing you posting here :(

T

Trillian

i miss her. and i'm with mags in that it makes me smile to think she's saying "neener neener"

it was indeed her wish for memorians be in the form of contributions to your local hospice or American Cancer Society.

if anyone wishes to send her family a card or a note, PM me and i'll take care of it the way she wanted.

S

Samwise

My sympathy to her family and friends. Have a good afterlife, Lea.

D

Dosa Ravengard

if anyone wishes to send her family a card or a note, PM me and i'll take care of it the way she wanted.

That was what I was talking about. I would like to send a card to the family, but we will also be making a donation to the cancer society in her name this week.

L

larrytheminer

Should this post not be a sticky for a few days?

For those who might not be around right now.

LtM

S

Slymenstra

I'll miss you Leandra, you were an awesome contribution to these boards. Rest in peace, and I hope you are having fun where ever you may be.

B

BellaNoire

Farewell dear Lady Leandra, peace on your path. I'm honored to say I knew and had met you, and thank you for all you contributed to this community for so long. Neener neener indeed.

E

Ellisande

Oh, Leandra. I hope you are finding all the answers and enjoying everyone you meet on the other side. I will miss you and remember you. I hope your crossing was indeed easy. Sleep well, lovely lady, until we meet again.

M

Madd Matt

(...oh, so fast...)

my

Leandra, may God hold you in the palm of His hand...

...always and forever.

Godspeed.

D

Doubledose

Wow, so fast. I'm sure you are in a better place now.

Could you remember to leave a key under the door mat, I might have trouble getting in there...

J

Jack

I never got to know her, or even spoke to her. But I remember, when I first read OT, her threads battling the never-wrong Wisty were legendary! She always came across well.

It's refreshing to find she leaves a family legacy and passed peacefully.

Shocked at how quickly she has gone... I remember her first 'going to the doctors' thread. :(

O

OxAO

She is resting on her great quilt in the sky.

I expected her to hang around a few more months at least.

Damn

E

Ellehcim

Having had her as a houseguest IRL, I have to say she was a classy lady on the boards and off.

Goodbye Leandra...

M

MC Square

I had quietly lurked and read and respected Leandra for a long time before I ever interacted with her directly. It was cool to learn that we had some things in common... even, nearly, a birthday. My first one on one interaction came with her around the time she was starting her dental work, when I sent her a good luck message and she messaged back. There were a few others over the years, but nothing that would point to an eternal friendship, really. But she is someone I have always felt a deep sense of respect for and always wished I'd had a chance to get to know beyond the anonymity of an internet forum. I always got a kick out of her dry wit, and her ravenous detestation of "illegals". All her legend here, though, pales for me in light of the grace with which she handled the news of her illness and impending death. That, in my eyes, was the sign of a true strong woman.

It is my honest belief that our lives are like a giant patchwork quilt and from our moment of birth until our moment of death, each experience and event is sewn together into the pattern of our lives. There are sections added for good times and hard times, for births and deaths, for friends and family. Even for jobs and grand adventures -- even when they weren't that adventurous.

A whole life, pieced together over time into one precious memory filled quilt. Pieces are also shared with each person we come in contact with, to be sewn into their very own quilts. The border of this quilt is stitched from the threads that memories, love and the connections that only family and friends can bring. And, when the final stitches have been put into our quilts, the project is not finished, but instead our personal quilts become new pieces in the ever growing quilt of life. This morning, Carolyn's quilt took its place of honor among the multifaceted designs of life.

E

Ellisande

But she is someone I have always felt a deep sense of respect for and always wished I'd had a chance to get to know beyond the anonymity of an internet forum. I always got a kick out of her dry wit
Yes.

Your post is beautiful and made me cry again.

All her legend here, though, pales for me in light of the grace with which she handled the news of her illness and impending death. That, in my eyes, was the sign of a true strong woman.
Lea, you touched so many of us.

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm slightly shocked at how fast Leandra left us :(

I didn't know her that well, but she always seemed a sensible and friendly person, i'll miss her and my thoughts are with her family and friends who have lost someone special.

Rest in Peace Carolyn.

D

Dor of Sonoma

I shall forever treasure (and miss) her gumption, earnestness and intelligence.

Fare you well, Leandra. Good go wi' ye, girl!

Rogal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Death is nothing at all.
It does not count.
I have only slipped away into the next room.
Everything remains as it was.
The old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged.
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.
Call me by the old familiar name.
Speak of me in the easy way which you always used.
Put no sorrow in your tone.
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was.
Let it be spoken without effort
Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was.
There is unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am but waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner.
All is well. Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost.
One brief moment and all will be as it was before.
How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting, when we meet again."

R.I.P. Leandra.

You will be missed.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow.. I didn't expect it would happen this fast. :(

My condolences to her family and friends. Rest well, Leandra.