• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Leandra has passed away.

T

Trillian

there haven't been any services. she will be cremated by the Neptune Society and her ashes scattered in Puget Sound, which she loved so much. in august there will possibly be a family/friends memorial get-together.

T

thpride88

I used to post here a lot more than I have recently. I always admired Leandra's wit and intelligence, and I do recall her giving me advice with a serious life problem. Unfortunately, it has been many years since that time, and I do not recall with full clarity exactly what she said to me.

Wherever you are, Leandra, I hope you're resting peacefully. Save me some ice cream!

D

deadeye

Shari - Everett, WA is the correct locale. She and her daughter were living there. When I got to know her she WAS in Seattle. You do know she was raised in Anchorage, AK, right?

Anyone reading this ... Wisty especially.

I know Lea and I joked about things but ... we first met online in a chat world on CompuServe - WorldsAway (or Kymer). We hit it off so well, we were actually "married" in there. When there was a live meet of avatars in Harrisburg, PA she, myself and perhaps 30 other folks had a massive party in my room. Jolly good fun, Security was very nice about things. This was maybe 1993 - 1995 timeframe for Kymer.

Sidebar to Harrisburg: Did you know that 13 people can fit into a Holiday Inn bathtub? The only rule was clothes had to remain ON!!! There were avatars at the meet that were under-age. :lol:

Part of that world was a forum on CompuServe where there were trolls and the usual stuff. For an April Fools joke I wrote up a scenario involving the most contentious of the avies and posted it. It took off and 3-4 dozen of us RP'd stuff along the storyline in the forums as well as some inworld.

Then AOL took over, we all really got into surfing the Web then Lea, myself and 8 others started a MUCK - text based RP (1994) - based on the joke and the stories we had RP'd. In its prime we had a couple hundred members from all over the world, playing about 1,000 different characters. Lea & I were WizOps (MUCK version of GMs) as well as having RP characters.

Then it was time to move on ... Lea and I went into a game called Empiriana. Between the two of us, we made some really tight friendships with some of the players - several of which were from Kymer, of all places!

In 1997 I spent a week with her in Seattle and we traveled all over the peninsula area west of Puget Sound. Damn, but that's pretty country! We hit Mt. Ranier, Pike Street and all the big touristy places. I met her sister at that time ... her daughter was living elsewhere so I missed meeting her.

Early 1998 we both dropped from the MUCK and devoted ourselves to mastering the dungeons of Empiriana. Late 1998, she emailed me about this wierd game that was so damn much fun that I absolutely needed to try it. It was called Ultima Online. Several of our friends from Empiriana joined us and for about a year on Pac, the bunch of us tromped throughout Sosaria in search of death-robes. Eventually it was just the 2 of us as the others moved on to The 4th Coming and other "new" games in that time.

Spiels and Rants here was our hangout with the likes of Marikus, Solarm and a host of others. Annnndddd I think you all can take it from there. She & I go a decent amount of time back.

Sooo, ya see ... there IS just a tad of attachment. Good times, bad times ... but a good friend through all of it.
LOL, I had some hilarious times with her on Siege. She is like...the most killable gamer in the entire world. One incident sticks out in my mind. She ended up dieing somewhere she couldnt get out of so I had to come get her. On the way out we ran into a couple of PKs. I told her to run and I charged the lead guy. So Lea ran straight for the other guy. I kinda just grinned and smacked my head.

Later on I invited her and Arla to a NWN RP/PVP server. We had lots of good times there in spite of whackjob DM's. More than once Id lead a raid against her home town. She always got to live to tell the tale to others lol. Everyone else around here was fair game though lol. Shed send me PMs giggling to high hell. I think that was the first time she was the person least killed by the PKs lol.

Lots of good times. She was a card...a Joker no less, one of a kind.

W

Wyld Cherry

REST IN PEACE Leandra, you seem nice from what I read and heard so far.

God is with you now.

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember Leandra, even though I'm sure most if not all of you don't remember me. She and I were sort of unlikely allies in Spiels N Rants way back during the start of T2A defending the Trammel/Fel change.

She was a very smart, determined lady. It never would have occurred to me she would have passed away. It's really sad news. I wandered in here because the name Leandra was so heavily familiar in reference to this forum, and then I remembered more and more as I was reading the remembrances.

T

T_Amon_from_work

Ummm, I was in SnR at that time as well. Screename then was Belgarion ... I recall Solarm, Markius, Lea, myself and maybe a dozen or so others trying to hammer things out from a players perspective ... or hammer the other side into submission! <grin>.

C

Cat Crimson

I have only just come back to Stratics after quite a few months away and found this incredibly sad news. Such a great loss to so many, but I am glad Leandra is at peace now. I remember her mostly from SnR and a little bit outside the boards as we would swap BODs from time to time and chat on ICQ. She was the absolute definition of a Lady with a capital L alright.

R

Romaq

I am Romaq on Sonoma shard. I don't know if anyone is still reading or following this. She helped me to move to Seattle from Indiapolis, Indiana. Carolyn was the one who assured me that I would meet 'That Special Someone', and I *did*! That person is Mikaela (Carol Smith), who is also on Sonoma. This have been busy, and in fall of 2008 Carolyn had open heart surgery, so I was 'busy', and I've not been playing UO so much. I missed Carolyn's passing.

I'm so very, very glad that "Leandra" met my "Mikaela", and that she was able to see her own comforting words to me proven true.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Carolyn/Leandra sounds like she was quite the Lady. I am in the Spokane WA area and could very easily have met her dangit! I wish I had known such a loved and respected Lady and I am so sorry for all of you who grieve for her. However, it certainly sounds like you were all blessed by having such a lovely woman touch your lives. *feels someone over my shoulder saying "Neener Neener"*

A

Asmodeus (Atl)

It's been quite some time since those days of SnR, and although I've been gone for a long time, people like Leandra aren't easily forgotten. She was a caring and gentle soul, definitely one-of-a-kind. She was our guildmother, a good moderator, and a good friend. I can only hope she's in a better place now.

Rest in peace.

Z

Zin

With the loss of OT... I remember Lea.

Only post I'll bump mods. But Lea was a part of the family.

B

Beer_Cayse

Little known tidbit ... remember she always wanted a clue or was willing to give a clue to someone? For a while she and some others actually handmade small (3 inch square) beanbag thingies. One side had a design of your choosing, the other had plain textile with golden thread spelling the word "CLUE". I have one that will be with me until the end of my days.

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You do? Arla, who started this thread, was Leandra's friend and they made those together.

B

Beer_Cayse

sorry ... it's 4 inches square and the CLUE is on the pattern side. Mine is the US flag pattern with plain red reverse. I'm looking at it now.

That, the first couple chapters of her novel and some cherished memories of fun times in-game and IRL. This may sound callous but I miss Lea more than I miss my own Mother. <sigh>