• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fencing] Leaf blade or kryss which would you prefer...

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll start out by saying I never limit myself to one weapon. But if I had limited resources, then I guess I'd have no choice but to pick one.

A kryss is really nice in PvP because of Infectious Strike. Poisoning can make the difference every once in awhile, though there are many ways to be cured very quickly.

A Leaf Blade does quite a bit more Damager per Second, though it's primary attack (feint) is barely worth the mana.

Both the Kryss and the Leaf Blade have Armor Ignore which is very nice to have.

All that being said, I'd take the Leaf Blade for the higher damage, but I'd still try to have a poisonous Kryss or dagger around for when the need arises.

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with setnafa I also never limit myself to 1 weapon.However if you only have access,skill or just feel the need to use only one weapon I would use the leafblade and also since I have ninja I will have a ninja belt loaded with shurikens that are deadly poisoned so i can sill infect a player will i am bashing away at him with AI and brute force.

Good thing about shurikens is that even if you dont have poison(just need ninja) you can still deadly posion your target.

PS I hope this is the right info I am trying to get intot he pvp scene and this is what I have picked up over the last few months.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with setnafa I also never limit myself to 1 weapon.However if you only have access,skill or just feel the need to use only one weapon I would use the leafblade and also since I have ninja I will have a ninja belt loaded with shurikens that are deadly poisoned so i can sill infect a player will i am bashing away at him with AI and brute force.

Good thing about shurikens is that even if you dont have poison(just need ninja) you can still deadly posion your target.

PS I hope this is the right info I am trying to get intot he pvp scene and this is what I have picked up over the last few months.
Yes you are correct. Chance to hit is based on ninja skill. I would not limit myself to ONE weapon as others have said. Three is a nice round number that I carry. Based on the original post's question, I would go with a kryss. Leafblade is an overrated weapon in my book. Kryss has always been the cream of the crop for a fencing dexxer. If they actually had reliable timers fixed into the game, it would be just as it was before...a nice one in all reliable weapon.