• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Latest Post about Cocoa Trees

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The FoF from Aug. 1st said:
"Can the new seeds (announced at the Town Hall) be cross-pollinated?"

No - none of the new seeds can be cross-pollinated, including the Cocoa tree. The non-cocoa seeds will drop as "a peculiar seed" by certain (TBD) monsters. They won't give seeds of their own and won't give resources. The upside? There are ten possible plants the seeds can grow into!

The Cocoa tree will come from "a fragrant seed", also dropped by monsters, and will give the "cocoa pulp" resource, which Chefs can render into Cocoa Liquor or Cocoa Butter. They will also give more fragrant seeds.
This is the latest we've heard about the Cocoa Trees, hoping for more information soon!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I guess two of the other 14/15 new plants will be a sugar plant (cane or beets - maybe both!) and Vanilla (to get the beans to make the extract).

S

Seasseragh

Thumbs up for distilling, but then I want fruit juices too, as most of the stuff tastes pretty crappy pure.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would be a handy addition for any future plans to implement brewing/distilling.. rum!

:stir:
If that happens I will celebrate! Everyone here will be invited to a rum drinking party at my place in Catskills!

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They'll come as part of the rolled-up publish 55/56, around the end of August.