• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Lately I come across this .... .... ....

LOTR

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
i have a very technical question regarding reforging for you. Lately, I come across this vendor which sells armor pieces like these below:

Invigorating Leather Hiro Sode
HPR 3
MR 2
LRC 20
14/11/13/12/11

Mystic Leather Sleeves
MR 3
LMC 7
LRC 20
15/11/13/13/10

Leather Gorget of Sorcery
MR 3
LMC 7
LRC 20
15/10/13/12/11

Leather Leggings of Restoration
MR 3
LMC 7
LRC 20
15/14/12/11/10

These are just some of the pieces. They are all powdered to the max and they are imbued and reforged as well. Did you notice the resist add up to at least 61? And they are quite evenly weighted, at least 10 resist on each element.

The question is how you get those resist? How to make sure you get MR 3? What kind of runic kit you think is used? I manage to somehow get the MR 3 by using spined kit to reforge with Powerful Re-forging & Grand Artifice with Inspired Artifice.

Even with that, the resist is still at its lowest. I strongly do not think on enhancing it because it can destroy the item. Even if i enhance it with barbed leather, the total resist is around 51.

Last edited by a moderator:

Padre Dante

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My guess is they are doing the following:
  1. craft pieces in normal leather, looking for 1 (or 2) resists to be as low as possible (i.e. no Arms Lore bonus in those categories)
  2. Reforge, looking for anything that results in MR3
  3. PoF up to 255
  4. Imbue LMC, LRC, and 1 (or 2) resists
  5. Purchase reforged metal tool from uo.com ($1 per use)
  6. Enhance with horned or barbed leather, using reforged metal tool (no failures)
I didn't look up the actual weights, so it's possible they are using non-normal leather from the beginning and not using the tool at the end.

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I make stuff like this and would not waste forge tool! here is how you do it craft alot of plain leather armor lookng for the nice resist spread items then you reforge a heap with spined kits for mr 3 invigorateing /restoration then you just enhance no tool expect some fails but 2 or 3 in 10 will enhance up then pof imbue the thing

bryndamor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pof, imbue, then enhance for better range on imbued resists.

Last edited: