• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Last skill for a peace/tamer template???

• Thread starter imported_tnynyn
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_tnynyn

Ok,Im having a hard time deciding on which final skill to add on my template...

SO far I have

Animal Lore - 100
Animal Taming - 110
Vet - 90
Music - 100
Peace - 105
Magery - 100

Im really stuck on the last skill (dont have money to get ANY 120 PS) . I was thinking either:

Support:
Eval Int / Poison / Disco (LP sounds fun since I'm always next to the enemy when vetting; Eval Int is useful for the occasional mana vamp, ebolt, etc..., or Disco for pet training/support)

Taming:
Hiding (faster then casting invis, saves mana)

T-Hunt:
save for Cartography (T-hunting..when I have enough to purchase a Soul Stone to stone lockpicking/carto)

Misc:
Provoke (could be useful in certain situations i.e mob control)

I

imported_hungry4knowhow

im going with eval int on my temp which is the same as yours, but maybe hiding is good too so now im wondering.

But eval int does help alot with spell damage just in case.

I

imported_tnynyn

yeah I think that seems the better choice. Also, ninjutsu sounds fun to play with. Animal form for traveling around with a greater dragon, death strikes, shadow jump (does it work when using invis?)

or maybe tactics and get a nice mage weapon

G

I'd go with Discord. Makes it easier for your pets to kill things.
If your hunting with your pet, it's easier to drop an EV to help kill the disco'd target. EV doesn't require eval or med.

G

I seem to have ended up with disco on all my tamers now, even the daft cow that was meant to have peace lol. I love disco

If I was picking my favourite bard mixes I'd go disco/provo or disco/spellweave. I'm sure you could do fine with peace/provo or with 'weaving too.

Wenchy

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I had the same problem and tried 100 eval and the damage was nice but you run out of mana very fast and I found I rarely used it

hiding is OK as long as nothing has targeted you if you have been spotted its almost impossible to hide without breaking the target via piece or somthing like that so imop hiding is not very useful

provo is great for crowd control

disco is another good choice to weaken enemies

there is also meditation that's good for using healing on your pet or yourself not to mention hiding cure and the other buffs and debuffs

med is the route I took but i also have provo and eval stoned so I can switch if needed

G

I would suggest Discordance or Provocation. Being a Bard true at heart, these skills are awesome for helping your pet kill a nasty quick (discord) or crowd control (provo). Soulstones are great for swapping the Bard skills as needed for a mix and match environment.

Another alternate idea is Spellweaving? I like Spellweaving for the useful spells like Etheral Voyage and Gift of Renewal.

Just me 2 cents. I would like to see what you decided on.

F

frodofeet

I'd go with Provo first on that template, Disco second.

Taming
Lore
Vet
Music
Peace
Provo
Magery

Is a fantastic Tamer/Bard template. Since your Pet & Provokes will do all the killing, you'll probably find you wont need Eval for that bit extra damage. Magery is just serving as utility for gates, summons, etc, and the ocassional backup GHeal which doesn't need Eval.

The T-Hunter skills Cart/Lockpick can be stoned until you want to decode/hunt, then just swap out Peace or Provo/Disco when you need to. My main Tamer template is:

Taming/Lore/Vet
Music/Peace/Provo
Magery

I swap out Peace with Cart and decode a large bundle of maps at one time, then replace cart with lockpick when I'm actually doing a hunt. Works well for me

J

joblackjon

By all means add Disco. At 120 Disco your target's skills and resists are reduced by 28%. Pretty significant! You can also Disco your Taming target so that if it hits you, it's not at full power.

You also want your Tame, Lore and Vet as high as possible if only for the extra stable slots.

I like Resist on my Tamer if there's room. It helps keep me at the scene of battle to heal my pets instead of running off to cure poison.

I keep Magery on a stone unless I'm Taming something I can't ride.

I keep Peace stoned unless I'm Taming or fighting where Area Peace would be an asset.

With stones you can adapt your Tamer/Bard to many different situations and applications.

Playing a Tamer/Bard is very powerful and fun!

G

<blockquote><hr>

im going with eval int on my temp which is the same as yours, but maybe hiding is good too so now im wondering.

But eval int does help alot with spell damage just in case.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that with no eval int all your mage spells are reduced by 70% damage. Magery with no eval int (unless you just want to recall) is a total waste.

<blockquote><hr>

Evaluate Intelligence is also involved in calculating the potential damage done by mages. When you cast a spell, the potential damage is calculated based on several factors, such as the spell, its circle, your ability, etc. (call this base damage). The damage then gets scaled based on the mage’s Evaluate Intelligence. At 0 Eval Int, the damage is actually reduced by 70%. At 50 Eval Int, the damage is reduced by 25%. At approximately 78 skill, Eval Int has no effect, and beyond that it provides a bonus, up to a 20% bonus at Grandmaster and a 38% bonus at Legendary.

[/ QUOTE ]

G

depends. for example, on flesh renderers I use 106 magery (no eval) and a staff of pyros, and I do loads of extra damage as my pet tanks (weakness to cold and fire, and MB damage tied exclusivly to magery)

F

frodofeet

<blockquote><hr>

Magery with no eval int (unless you just want to recall) is a total waste.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have to disagree with you there.

Sure if you're building primarily a Mage you need EI, but for a Tamer/Bard Magery without EI is anything but a waste. I don't have EI and I still use Magery for a lot of things:

- recalling
- gating (for those fresh unbonded tames)
- invis has saved my life many times
- summons (EV, ellies) if I'm out alone or with a 1 slot pet.
- curing myself &amp; pet (if I can't get close enough for vetting)
- healing myself &amp; pet
- Mark is handy to have in case I need to jump to the bank for something
- teleport &amp; telekinesis comes in handy, esp. for T-Hunts
- creating food (again for those fresh tames)

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Magery with no eval int (unless you just want to recall) is a total waste.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have to disagree with you there.

Sure if you're building primarily a Mage you need EI, but for a Tamer/Bard Magery without EI is anything but a waste. I don't have EI and I still use Magery for a lot of things:

- recalling
- gating (for those fresh unbonded tames)
- invis has saved my life many times
- summons (EV, ellies) if I'm out alone or with a 1 slot pet.
- curing myself &amp; pet (if I can't get close enough for vetting)
- healing myself &amp; pet
- Mark is handy to have in case I need to jump to the bank for something
- teleport &amp; telekinesis comes in handy, esp. for T-Hunts
- creating food (again for those fresh tames)

[/ QUOTE ]

I am trying to juggle a mage/tamer/ peacer template myself and I was not sure if I should drop Meditation or Eval intel keeping in mind I would like to be able to still do what you have listed above and what is a very usable level of vet skill?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going for this skill set up.

120 Taming
120 Animal lore
120 Veterinary
100 Music
100 Peace (110 with ring)
80 Magery ( 90 with bracelet)
80 Focus

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm going for this skill set up.

120 Taming
120 Animal lore
120 Veterinary
100 Music
100 Peace (110 with ring)
80 Magery ( 90 with bracelet)
80 Focus

[/ QUOTE ]

So no med and no eval ....how does this go against dragons or rune bettles?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just fine, my magery is just to gate and recall and hide. My Vet is good enough to hold up to most monsters. Peace keeps monsters of me long enough to place my pet against them.

G

I'd drop eval before med, I don't miss the eval at all on my tamer/bard since mostly all I cast was ev (if I had slots free) and g. heal to supliment vetting my pet on tougher critters, with gate and invis when needed. If I had the points I'd love to add meditation, when doing peerless I sometimes run out of mana healing (especially on Mel where ya can't really safely vet yer pet). Mind Blast still hurts critters too, especially after they've been Discorded

Rey~

G

Well I do not have the 120 scrolls laying around needed BUT I have 115 on most so that for now will have to do. I have just soul stoned eval intel so I will let you know how it goes.

Magery
Meditation
Taming
Vet
A.Lore
Peacing
Music

and I have 720 skill points to play with ........what would you do?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Well I do not have the 120 scrolls laying around needed BUT I have 115 on most so that for now will have to do. I have just soul stoned eval intel so I will let you know how it goes.

Magery
Meditation
Taming
Vet
A.Lore
Peacing
Music

and I have 720 skill points to play with ........what would you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Magery 75
Meditation 100
Taming 115
Vet 115
A.Lore 115
Peacing 100
Music 100

You can use jewelry (like alchemist bauble) to move your magery up a bit for better gating.

I just did not take meditation my my character cause she realy don't cast alot of spells. They more for emergency's. That is why i took a little focus to regain mana while i run around.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm with Wenchy, I would highly recommend either discord or spellweaving. Both of those add a ton of offencive punch to your template, and spellweaving adds a great deal of survivability as well.

As for the 120 scrolls that you say you can't afford, give yourself some time, they will come to you. It will be slow, but probably faster than you think. If you are still with us in a year, you will find that many of the things you thought you would never be able to afford, will have come to you one way or another - either you'll find them on your own, or guild mates or friends will have helped, or you will made enough gold to buy many of them.

G

Thanks for all the advice guys, Its now a matter of me juggling the template around till it suits.

G

Here is a very effective tamer/bard/mage template:

120 Taming
110 Lore
110 Vet
120 Music (115 skill plus jewelry)
120 Peace (115 skill plus jewelry)
100 Magery
50 Meditation

I

imported_tnynyn

I settled with provocation since it was either that or discord. I just had in my mind what the fastest way to get money is so I went with provo which I can hit a crowd and provo onto each other while my pet can finish the last one standing. Not bad decision either, I can finish 9-10 tsuki wolves in a matter of minutes fetching me around 11k before I have to hit the bank. Heres my template:

Animal Taming 110 (96 real)
Animal Lore 100
Vet 90
Music 105
Peachmaking 105
Provocation 110
Magery 100

I'm just reworking and balancing everything out right now since I can't go over 700.