• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] Last 70 skillpoints

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have PvM thrower:
120 throwing
100 tactic
100 mysticism
100 focus (cap 120)
100 bushido
65 chiv
65 magery
and 70 points not used for anything yet.

I can put crystalline ring and take +15 magery spellbook to res/invis and other handy stuff, so drop magery is not an option.

Any suggestions?
Raise other skills to 110+?
Add 40 necro/30 SS?
Add 70 medit?

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
40 necro / 30 ss would give you heals from curse weapon. But i doesnt really fit that type of char.
I would try to be consequent with that template and aim for 120 in mysticism, focus and bushido, leftover points into tactics. Gives you better colossus, more damage, more healing from confidence, ability to momentum strike 100%. Basically same char, but better abilities.
70 med would give you more mana back, but you would end up with a char that is mediocre at a lot of skills but not really good at anything.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it really reason to have more than 100 bushido on thrower?
Does confidence healing works with ranged weapons? Its tied to parry.
Momentum strike is useful only at bosses like Dark Father, there is already special move Mystic Arc on boomerang for nearly same effect.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Momentum strike is useful only at bosses like Dark Father, there is already special move Mystic Arc on boomerang for nearly same effect.
The healing from confidence is not tied to parry, the more bushido, the more it heals.
Momentum strike is very useful, as it does more damage then mystic arc and is not subject to the double mana cost for chaining weapon specials, so you can spam it forever. It also gets a fat damage bonus for the secondary target that depends on your bushido skill. Think its around 100% for 120 bushido.
Only disadvantage of momentum strike is that the secondary target needs to be in melee range.

Oh and boomerang is rather low damage. Try to get enough stam for a cyclone at least ( 120 stam for 35 ssi).

J

[JD]

Boomerangs suck. They're fast, so if you're making a garg mage, you can make one Mage Weap -20, SC No Penalty, DCI 25 for interrupts. Otherwise, leave it off your thrower.

When I first made my thrower I had 120 swords as well for whirlwind. But after testing, momentum strike was almost as good as far as progress ability in a spawn. I ditched swords to free up 120 skill pts, and made all new spawn weaps with Hit Area instead of HSL.

Momentum strike takes 10 mana so it costs practically nothing if you are recovering from a Mana Vamp and you have LMC. It creates bonus damage too. I like to use Super Slayer, Hit Area on Soul Glaives so I have the option of AIing a single tough target or Momentum Striking 2 weaker ones. Silver Snakes which give other characters trouble are pretty much a 1-hit kill 50% of the time for me.

Momentum Strike is awesomesauce.

As for if there is any reason to take it above 100, there were other things I were able to shave to put it at 120, and I am happy with the decision.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's your intention with the character? Are you trying to solo high-end stuff, work with teammates, pvp, or just have fun fooling around?

At 100 myst/100 focus your RC won't be the best possible, so one option would be to go 120/120 and drop the 65 magery. This would leave you with 25 points free. I'd put 10 into bushido, 10 into tactics, and 5 into chiv.

Another option would be to swap 65 magery for 65 spellweaving so you can do Arcane Empowerment on the RC, but if you're running 100/100 I'm not sure it's worth it for that alone. I guess you could summon pixies and spellplague stuff...might be funny.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right now I use this char for blackrock golems.

There is already 70 free points, so no need to drop 65 magery. Had crystalline ring for 20 focus/magery combo in mind, but for throwing damage I really need other imbued ring with hci/dci/di/dex/str combo.

C

Cunningfish

Ive just returned to uo after a 9 year gap and am coming to grips with all the changes. Can someone please explain how this char can stay alive without healing and anat.
My template atm 710 skill cap 720 in 3 months

Throwing 103 (training to 120 atm)
Tactics 100
Anatomy 100
healing 70's
Mystisicm 100
Focus 100
chiv 90

I havnt really had to use my healing skill up til now (with training throwing) and i am finding it lacking. I am intreagued by the original posters temp as i miss haveing magery on my template teliport would be a god send for avoiding melee + quick heals but its mana dependant along with everything else these days. I get how dropping anat for bushido will give better native dps (enemy of one - consecrate wep - honor foe - perfection. I am already reaping the benifits of enemy of one and consecrate wepon but staying alive is kinda anoying. ive got 74 resists with stone form gone gargoyle so i can fly and keep my 5 pet points for colosus find i have to run off to let bandages apply at times. Rambling a bit here. Original question though - how do you stay alive? Thought bush healing was based on parry wich u dont have also how good is bushido healing? it enough with mage chiv mystic as backup?

My aim is to build a solo pvm spec for big things, champ spawns seem to get solo'd these days i'd like that to be possible with this char

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your main healing method in this case is mystic's cleansing wind spell.
First alternate is bushido confidence (not parry related, only the stamina gain is parry related)
Second alternate is chivlary's close wounds spell.
Third alternate is potions.

Between 4 methods of healing and a mana leech weapon, this character should rarely die fighting any monster.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before golems tweak I used this tactic: max hp is around 120-130 (you get 120 at 140str, required for max throwing range). Golem hits for 25-30 hp. At about 50-60 hp I cast cleansing wind, it restores about 55-65 hp in 2 sec or less. No reason to keep max hp because garg have racial ability to gain extra damage bonus.
In extreme situations (less 50 hp and/or paralyzed) I use healing stone, it heals about 30hp without delay and cast cleansing wind to restore rest health.

I found confidence is waste of mana on golems, they break healing process very fast.

I used close wounds rarely to heal while using non-sc or not spell enhanced weapon.

HP/mana/stam leech weapon of course.

add: comparing to OP I'm at 107 tact, 110 myst... 53 points not used yet.