• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

last .1 of carto....

• Thread starter imported_captainobvious
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_captainobvious

having a bit of a problem on this last gain. i seem to keep opening adeptly, cleverly no problem, but also with no gains. so i tried deviously and ingenious.... but all i keep getting is " you cannot make anything of this".... is there something i specifically need to do to get this last gain????

P

Prudentis

Deviously and up are GM only.
You will have to go with cleverly drawn and hope for the last gain.
But I was thinking, what about the new two map types over world map ...
They are 90+, won't they take you all the way to GM now?

EDIT: of course cleverly not adeptly (my mistake)

G

you have to stick with tattered cleverly drawn maps....MUSt be tattered...must be cleverly. If your character is close to Max the GGS timer is about 36 hrs between gains I believe. SO give it 2 days since your last gain...go decode 2 tattered cleverly drawn maps...and you will be done!

good luck
TW

I

imported_captainobvious

excellent, thanks for the help. ill give it a try.

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

having a bit of a problem on this last gain. i seem to keep opening adeptly, cleverly no problem, but also with no gains. so i tried deviously and ingenious.... but all i keep getting is " you cannot make anything of this".... is there something i specifically need to do to get this last gain????

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop working it for 2 days and GGS should kick in. I am not even sure why people would even do the decoding method now since you can simply go get satyred. You could try the satyre trick. I remember getting that last gain being a pain for me also when I used to work cartography.

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

Deviously and up are GM only.
You will have to go with cleverly drawn and hope for the last gain.
But I was thinking, what about the new two map types over world map ...
They are 90+, won't they take you all the way to GM now?

EDIT: of course cleverly not adeptly (my mistake)

[/ QUOTE ]

You can actually get gains from level 2 maps on up....they don't have to be cleverly. I believe that 99.6 might be a hard cap that is in place so that you have to decode maps. If not, then it should be possible to just make the new maps to get to 100.

P

Prudentis

I checked again and the new maps (south and east maps) can only be done, if you decoded at least one deviously map. Since this is only possible if you are GM allready, you won't be able to gain on them at all

Alekslandr

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It obviously still works. I did it yesterday. Sure, the maps were "indecipherable" but after getting discorded by a satyr and following him around I did the last .5 with about 500 scrolls...

M

Mitzlplik_SP

It obviously still works. I did it yesterday. Sure, the maps were "indecipherable" but after getting discorded by a satyr and following him around I did the last .5 with about 500 scrolls...
Same thing here.I hit 99.5,than grabbed 350 blanks and went to the wield.After being discorded I hit GM in about 5 minutes. 5 gains at 72.something went very fast.