• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Large Battle Axe (Lake Austin)

ElvishArcher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So here I am bored and window shopping. I kinda wanted one of those 10th Anny Sculptures so I buy one... Tamer uses one whenever he sees one and the 500 Luck added to her already 1000ish is nice. Well, I buy one like I said, secure it to my Castle and use it for the first time. Go out hunting Oni and I swear in my 3rd corpse I find this sweet Large Battle Axe! Was it the Sculpture? I don't know! But I really would like to know... what's it worth?:D

Large Battle Axe
FC1
SSI 25%
Dmg Inc 50%
Energy Resist 7%
Damage type is spread out 20/30/30/20/no Energy Dmg.
Durability is only 69 but with powder we all know that's not even a factor anymore!

What would you expect to see/pay for a weapon such as this? I know it hasn't got the SC property but I think it's still a pretty "high" roll on the RNG for loot! I could only imagine if someone were to successfully enhance it what it could turn out like!

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I apologize, but what am I missing? It has some SSI and FC1, but no other mods. I personally wouldn't pay anything at all, but then again I could be missing something. Sorry.

ElvishArcher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's why I am asking myself... I thought perhaps the 50% Damage Increase coupled with the SSI on a non-enhanced piece may make it worth something to a Smithy who wished to enhance it. Yep would be a gamble to enhance and could break but it could also succeed and then become very nice. I don't expect it to be worth millions as it is. I just am curious as to pricing it for vendors.

T

Turdnugget

Even with 25 SSI it's still rather slow unless you've got a LOT of stamina.

The best that would be, is for imbueing fodder whenever SA comes out.

It doesn't really have the right mods together to make it good for PvP or PvM. You could sell it for 10k.

ElvishArcher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The best that would be, is for imbueing fodder whenever SA comes out.
Thank you that is exactly why I inquire! I do not use this weapon type nor have I ever in the 8ish years I have played UO so wasn't sure. So then even enhanced it wouldn't be worth much then I sense. And I would agree... once imbuing is in effect, 50% from the Dmg Inc should be a decent item to "strip" or whatever they are calling it lol. Think I'll start a barrel at the castle with high % items like this for that purpose as long as I seem to be getting a ton with the new addition of the 500 luck from that statue. 1k vs 1500 luck I seem to be getting a drastic diff in increased property % and seems in quantity of loot as well!

Thanks again!

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thing with enhancing is you're not going to do crap to it...simply change the way the damages are applied, which it already has. Unlike bows (as an example), you can't put SSI/HCI/DI into a metal object upon enhancing...only change the damage types. The axe has no other mods other than some SSI, FC1 and some DI, as I mentioned earlier. No HLD/HLA/HSL/HML/HLL and also no hit spell. It is a common piece and worth little to nothing. With that said, if you have the storage hang onto it and tear it apart later this year when SA comes out and imbuing is available.