• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Laoric.....

T

TheGeneral99

Heard from someone today that a well known person in the pvp scene on napa has passed away....rest in peace buddy.

B

Budweiser KDL

Yes...... He will be missed.....Ive known him since Lmj days. Heres a link provided my Akasha of /US\.............This is a very sad day.... Rest in Peace Laoric..

Budweiser/Nathan /US\

web page

And his myspace...
web page

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
*lowers her head in respect for one she crossed blades with*

Akasha1

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are black robes all around Luna, that are crafted by R.I.P. Laoric. A special thanks goes out to Email for coming up with the idea, and making the first character and the first robes with that name.Even the pvpers at Brit gate are wearing them in honor of a very special person who will be missed by all of Napa.

F

FishinFoolOTC

Rest in peace Laoric.

May the gods lead you on to a new world of peace. And may they look over thouse you left behind.

*kneels down with his blade pressed into the dirt and preys*

G

Tis a very sad day indeed when we lose one of our own..
Our prayers and thoughts are with his family and friends.

Sure shows how suddenly life can end and is a reminder to
live it to the fullest. Rest in Peace Laoric

T

TheGeneral99

UO radio did a nice mentioned him and played a song request. Tears in heaven by clapton. Song always makes me well up...

G

Is a sad day when one so young is taken from us. I can feel the sorrow his family is going thru since I myself have a son turning 21 tomorrow. Words can't express the thoughts many of us feel on days like this, all we can do is say Our Prayers are with ya kid. May you Rest In Peace our fellow UO player.

G

Death is nothing at all.
It does not count.
I have only slipped away into the next room.
Everything remains as it was.
The old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged.
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.
Call me by the old familiar name.
Speak of me in the easy way which you always used.
Put no sorrow in your tone.
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was.
Let it be spoken without effort
Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was.
There is unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am but waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner.
All is well. Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost.
One brief moment and all will be as it was before.
How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting, when we meet again.

~An Irish Funeral Prayer

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is truly sad. He was so young too.

I'll say a prayer for his family.

A

A Possum

All the love in the world to Lao and family.

It will be tough.

God Speed.

I will miss you.

M

Millie

I personally did not know Laoric, but I do know he was a large part of this Napa community. May peace walk beside him on his new Journey and may God bless his family.

E

eccentricjules

Akasha do you know if his family needs anything? He was ALWAYS nice to me. I truly will miss him.

I wondered why he had not returned my ICQ's but I had no idea about this. And here I was getting mad cause he didn't answer =( Now I feel terrible.

Thank you for the robes (whoever made them).

Akasha1

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Life is a gift,
Given and taken at some
Unknown time.
Your time came too soon -
Your life was over in a flash.
The fun you shared,
The joy you brought,
All just a memory -

Akasha1

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On a special note...I heard from his family this evening and was told that Laoric(aka John) was buried with his headset and uo cd. Knowing Laoric...this is fitting and I hope everyone will smile as I did when I read this.

I

imported_Chad Sexington

A sad day indeed.

He posted on my forums frequently. I only found out it was him (Thaloryn) until after I quit and revealed who I was.

Didn't know him personally, was never in the same guild, but I stole with him once. And dueld him a couple times.

G

I played around him..he killed me, teased me, a great sport and wit always, nice person, but I never think the guy knew me cept as a face and yet my heart goes out to his family and cant help but feeling devastated at this loss to our community...R.I.P.

p.s. A big thank you to the consideration of Misty/Nikita for her efforts in making all the robes in memoriam...just because when someone is doing something for others you are always involved...this makes me so freakin sad..terrible :<

H

Heskal The II

an awesome perso period ....
Laoric and i were in LiE togteher and i have never had more fun than just BSing with him in TS even when we were not on UO
a really awesome kid to know and the UO world will not be the same without him for me .... for the last yr in UO we were not on the same team or page but still had the same respect to treat each other well in UO which at this point in time i share with only Bud and Thump ....

Lao 4tw and anyone who disagrees with me from this point on let me know ....

ill miss and love you Lao ...
im rambling and dont really knowwhat else to put
I LOVE YOU LAO

G

I wish i knew what to say lao was a great person inside and out of uo.. We werent alwasy on the same team in uo, but we had many late nights of ICQ and laughs in and out of game! I will miss you john ryan!

my blog

I

imported_Notorious_Playa

My prayers will go out to him and his family.

He was in SoN for a short stint but was a good guy to fight along side. If I remember it correctly he was one of the night owl group in SoN and we'd be cranking out champs all night. Didn't talk to him a lot when he left but was always respectful to me and was a good sport fighting against him too. R.I.P. hope to meet you in person when its my time to leave.

That made me smile as well hearing that his headset and UO CD were left with him.

R

Rooster ^^

played with ang against him for years... was a good guy, kind of weird to hear that someone you've talked to over teamspeak so much has passed...

best wishes to you and yours

E

Emajin

<blockquote><hr>

On a special note...I heard from his family this evening and was told that Laoric(aka John) was buried with his headset and uo cd. Knowing Laoric...this is fitting and I hope everyone will smile as I did when I read this.

[/ QUOTE ]

R.I.P Laoric

S

sirTEDLEY

i never pvp'd you bro but we dod talk once in awhile ,

rest in peace may god be with you .

i didnt get a robe if someone could help me get one please im going to make him a wax figure at the wax museum

E

eccentricjules

<blockquote><hr>

i didnt get a robe if someone could help me get one please im going to make him a wax figure at the wax museum

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a very nice idea Tedley.

S

sirTEDLEY

thank you i made the wax figure i just need the robe now

i got the robe ty all

I

imported_kalzaketh

may the good lord, grant ye rest and peace, younglad, ye'll be missed sorely, by all, in napavalley, god'slove and kindness to ye lad.

S

SpeedGear4tw

wow. Of all the people I think are idiots in UO..Laoric was not one of them. I actually liked this guy. Weird. After checking out his myspace and some of the things that were written about him by his RL friends..I find out that he was just not loved by all his UO fans, but RL friends also. Godspeed John Ryan. You will be missed.

B

binkytheclown

Lao was One of the few people in UO that I strved to emulate .
His Style , His Grace under Fire ,and his Generosity and Kindness whether he was the Winner or the Loser on the field . Napa will Miss Laoric .

I will Miss Laoric

D

Dr J

rest in peace buddy, but party on in the afterlife. I'll see you there : )

S

Slo-

I've gotta give it up to this shard and Laoric, Rest In Peace, I've seen your robes all across this shard in hundreds of houses, never before have i seen such a thing span so far in this game, I didnt know you as I'm a noob here but I wish i did, you'll forever be remembered.

I

imported_PizzaPimp

man i'm gonna miss talking to my philly buddy.
NOBODY else to talk to about regional events and news.

R.I.P Laoric
you were a good man

P

Pen

wow wtf lao? I leave for a little bit and this is what I come back to. Wow this is a very sad night. Ive been friends with lao since he jacked me in the pits when I first started playing. That sucks, from that point we fought all the time. But we always kept a respect due to the fact that in my 8 years of uo he was one of the only people to do that. Wow you will be missed lao.
"SHakes head in disbeleif, and just crys for sambo!"

H

hi im shadow

R.I.P Laoric u were a good guy...and will be missed:&lt;

B

Budweiser KDL

<blockquote><hr>

Damn and to think the last time i talked to him was 4/24/2006 on icq :O

i guess it would be ill-will to say he owed me things too &gt;_&lt;

[/ QUOTE ]

You guessed right. You think that it really matters at this point what he owed you?

Even if I owed Hesk or someone else something in game and passed away suddenly, I'd hope that wouldn't be the coment you left on the boards about me. Then again some people in this world shouldn't be able to use a computer.

G

Grimmov

Get bent? ABSURD!

im not going to give fuel to the fire, but what laoric took from me was ill-replacable!

I

imported_PizzaPimp

<blockquote><hr>

Get bent? ABSURD!

im not going to give fuel to the fire, but what laoric took from me was ill-replacable!

[/ QUOTE ]

are you f'n serious?

I

imported_poserpete

<blockquote><hr>

Get bent? ABSURD!

[/ QUOTE ]

Your talking about pixels you have your head way up a body cavity if you think thats more important then life. You obviously were not a real friend then and i for one am glad you lost your stuff.

V

Vidala

What the...

I just happened to visit Stratics randomly, haven't been on here for...4+ years and I read this...

B

Budweiser KDL

Yah Its sad...He was one of the coolest guys on UO...I still miss Lao runing around Napa...Red Mohawk 4tw!!