• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Labyrinth champ.....

G

there is a post on u.hall about some shards doing this and killing merkatus though so far there is no special reward. got me wondering. anyone planning to do it on europa? if so give me a call, sounds a good hard challenge

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't mind trying it. I'd like to try the Bedlam champion too, sometimes

K

Kayne

I'd certainly give it a go if enough people were to join. Always wanted to give it a go

G

Heck yes! I'm looking to be available from most nights after 9pm this week.

~Vix~

G

Count me in!

Just let me know if a tamer, mage or archer would be preferred!

G

I´ve been interested in doing this one for a loooooooong time.

Would be nice to try something new but mainly because a poster on Siege forum told us they did it and he said it dropped the best loot he´s ever seen. So I´m very curious.

How about setting a date and time to meet outside the Labyrinth and see how many that shows up?
(How about Wednesday? My day off...
)

Edit: Oh, and for the leader part, not sure if we need one cuz I think we´re all new to this anyway. So I guess all we have to do is run through the maze and meet at the end. My stealth/mage can walk through it and res those that died running. Plus us stealthers can carry uninsured items such as bandages, ammo etc etc.

Edit #2: This is one of the comments regarding the regular minotaur:

"easy kills
Submitted by Anonymous on January 30th 2006.
use a bovine slayer talisman for double damage
"

So maybe that will work on the champ as well...

K

Kayne

I've walked the path to the middle of the labyrinth and i have to say there are alot of hidden suprises along the way.

I

imported_Farsight

I've always used honor to get to the back, then regained my honor killing minotaur.

Anyhow, if we do arrange something, I hope you post a general game plan here, because I've been looking for people to play with on Euro, mostly without success. And this is also something I'd love to try out. Well, this, Bedlam Twisted Weald and Tokuno.

The problem is, my character on Europa has no honor to play with, and not enough magery to make a huge difference. I worry when 100 magery isn't enough... I'm just spoiled by my Catskills selves.

Anyhow, for the labyrinth, both bovine slayer and a repond slayer works on the minotaur, but I don't think the slayers stack, since I don't do mega damage with soul seeker and a bovine slayer on my Cats-warrior.

S

SilentFoxXy

Id love to come along, always available for anything like this. Just tell me what skills to bring and where to come to and when and Ill be there.

I

imported_kray2s

Aye count dreamweaver or another or my chars in with this too!!

In after 9:30 gmt this week just let me know when u go - is mage best for this? and is it safe enough to go with out a stealther or would anyother char get ganked by reps and rends?

I

imported_Farsight

Trying to run to the back without the help of stealth or honor is often suicide. Reptalons can kill with a hit and a breath, and there is a long run where you'll likely see 2-3 reptalons at a time. There are also the spawn traps which will drop either 3-4 air elementals or 3-4 drakes on you at once. In the champ area, it's always drakes.

So to sum up, if you think you can run past Miasma, Rend, Pyre and a gaggle of Reptalons, feel free to try running. Otherwise, use your honor or stealth.

In theory, it would be possible to just invis yourself every time anything targets you, but I haven't tried it that way, so I don't know how feasable it is.

As for what you want to bring? It doesn't matter. Once you get to the champ, anything you bring will work well until the end. Then you will find the tormented minotaur and from what I've heard, anything you bring will get killed.

If you bring a warrior, bring a bovine slayer talisman or a repond slayer. If you bring a mage, a bovine slayer would be best. Just make sure your suit has very good physical resist for the minotaur and fire resist for the drakes.

I haven't tried the champ yet, but I do go back there to pick up artifacts, and usually stay to regain the honor I lost by embracing it to get there.

G

Ok, anyone wanna come up with a date and time here to see what happens?

Or is tomorrow Wednesday 9:45 GMT something thats doable?

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I havnt been online for a good 2 months... Anyway i would for sure like to give this try!
Ill join you if your going tomorrow!

G

We (W guild) Did it a couple of times, no good loot. But not that easy.

(after boss boosts im not sure about loot anymore thou')

G

I hope so.

Let´s meet outside the Labyrinth 9:45 GMT and we´ll see what happens.

I

imported_Cheerful

Did someone mention 'party'? could be worth logging on for

G

Whoo-hoo! Just had the heads up. Sounds good, I'll bring Nico for discord/vokes and the mighty WOD.

I also have a stealther who can ferry pots/petals/bandies/regs etc back & forth.

*wanders off to cobble together a decent dci/mr/lrc suit for Nico who's been sadly neglected*

G

ELV also did this purely a Do it to say you have done it tho im affraid. Nothing special no loot just keep killing minotaurs.

Final boss is pretty good though harder than some of the other peerlesses. Pity it didnt get good items maybe even just peerless regs

GL to all to go look forward to the screenies

W

Winder UO

I need a gate here. Im [censored] out of luck. cant find any runes anywhere

G

Sadly, that's all the screenies I managed and it doesn't even include all the players present. It was a bit...hectic, but fun!

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup it was nice, got a bit messy towards the end with all the spawn and our own corpses getting in the way, but the infamous bovines died - it's all that matters !

I

imported_Farsight

Wish I could have made it. It looked like fun.

But if someone should arrange another of the "other" champions, like say... Bedlam next week, I'll be sure to show up.

Out of curiosity. I've heard that there wasn't much along the lines of loot from some people, and for a single creature, there was a ton of loot. How was the loot? Did anyone come out with anything noteworthy?

G

I didn't check the loot. I managed to disco Meraktus and a tormented minotaur, I even managed to voke the tormented mino onto the champ, too.

Meraktus and the tormented minos do a special which has the effect of dismounting you and taking you to about half health.

One blat from the champ swiftly followed by a parp from the tormented mino later, and I was seeing grey & spouting OooOo's. I'd have survived one or t'other, just not both before I could pull off a heal lol. That, however, was the sum total of *my* damage against Meraktus...

Since others were on it and the passage was filled with still spawning regular minos, mino scouts and mino captains as well as those ebil tormented minos that spawned with Meraktus as well as the odd curious reptalon that wandered round, I pretty much just did what I could to keep them all busy & dancing whilst ressing/healing/invising the dead, wounded & newly ressed when & wherever I could.

It was fun, for sure. Lack of special loot aside, if I had one constructive criticism of the experience, it would be that summoning the champ just took far too long.

Truthfully, from what I could determine, it was really nothing the group did or didn't do, and we were certainly there in sufficient numbers to wade through them quickly. Archers like Reya did particularly well & the screen was usually filled with ev's from all the mages. It just took what seemed like eons to receive the "Meraktus has been summoned!" system message.

G

Good work guys, Maybe we should do some events like this once or twice a month.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Wish I could have made it. It looked like fun.

But if someone should arrange another of the "other" champions, like say... Bedlam next week, I'll be sure to show up.

Out of curiosity. I've heard that there wasn't much along the lines of loot from some people, and for a single creature, there was a ton of loot. How was the loot? Did anyone come out with anything noteworthy?

[/ QUOTE ]

If there is to be another "boardies do stuff" evening, could I ask that it is not held on a Wednesday.

Ta.

I

imported_Cheerful

Did you get the time right Lucy? We waited outside passed 9.45 gmt.

If you look at the small insert picture of Lady Nico's you will see my YAY at the spawning of the boss, just above that you can see 4 drakes spawning at the same time.....i was underneath them....the next line following YAY was Alyx Astarsis was killed by ......
It's a funny old game.
Maybe we can do bedlam next week, done it once and was quiet fun.

G

It was good fun this champ.
Someone noted me on this thread here and after someone mentioned it ingame again, I decided to have a look as I had never been to the end of the Labyrinth.
Me and my group arrived a bit too early as I am on a different time, but luckily soon alot more people came.
I see now that you had my bar up Lady Nico

Thank you I noticed you saved my life at one time.
Sadly on the end part I died so much, but all in good fun hehe

I shot some pictures during it all, I have a few here.

Geoffrey

G

Gah, wish I had been there! Had to work overtime the last 3 days with it being the end of the month and all

Hopefully I'll be able to make the next 'boardies do something' event

G

Excellent screenies, Geoffrey! One day I'll get my act together and figure out a screen shot utility, but until then sadly I'm limited to Print Screen + Paste into Paint...

Yeah, I spouted my fair share of OooOoo's, too, for sure. I think I had everyone's bar at some time or other! Party was maxxed for numbers so, of course, I'd lose a bar everytime I nabbed someone elses' bar or even a monster bar. Frustrating, but still glad we managed to complete the champ.

Thanks for sharing the screenies and I hope you'll join us for the next madcap boardie adventure!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Good work guys, Maybe we should do some events like this once or twice a month.

[/ QUOTE ]Sounds good, Gandie.

The Bedlam spawn seems to be a popular choice for another boardie whackathon.

Ya know, it occurs to me there's something to whack in <u> all</u> the <font color="red"> facets</font>. I like that. Choice is goooood!

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use the UOScreenshot program (or whatever it's called) that links from Stratics Home.

1 button-press takes the screenie and saves it as a jpg in a folder of your choice.

(I've found that the program is prone to occasional crashes, but a quick "minimise UO / restart screenie program / maximise UO" works fine)

*anticipates Nico pix*

G

Ah yes I had my fair share of OooOOOs myself, I think one fifth of my screenies were in grey because of the end.
I kept losing all the bars as well each time I died, so sad they just don't make it you can have unlimited bars up hehe
I use a tool called UO Screenshot Util which is the one you meant Fluffi Bunni.

The day after the Labyrinth our guild set upon trying the Bedlam champ, the group grew to 9 people and 1 pet.
But sadly we couldn't seem to get enough candles up for the 3rd spawn.
It went up to halfway the third side of the altar and then we couldn't seem to get it higher.

I would love to go back there full force sometime, though the place is a bit cramp with all the plague beast lords and grizzles.
Especially the last leave the nasty puddles all over the place.

G

<blockquote><hr>

One day I'll get my act together and figure out a screen shot utility, but until then sadly I'm limited to Print Screen + Paste into Paint...

[/ QUOTE ]My personal choice is Gadwin PrintScreen (http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/).
One of the primary benefits to it, I would say, is the ability to choose the format the file is saved it.
Different formats are designed for different purposes.
JPEG is intended primarily for photographs, and other images with "smooth variations of colour". Using JPEG compression for images with sharper colour variations leads to artifacting (Example courtesy of Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Comparison_of_JPEG_and_PNG.png).
Because of the nature of the graphics in the 2D client, and the KR interface, I would recommend another format.
BMP is best for raw images, to be cropped and resaved as a compressed format (PNG or GIF), but file sizes are huge.
GIF is a good choice, although it's limited to a 256 colour palette.
PNG is probably the best choice.

G

I had a blast.

Thanks for the screenies both. And if Bedlam´s next then I´m on if I´m not working...

Date and time anyone?

[HOD]

G

We could maybe do it at 20:30 GMT next sunday? (bedlam that is)

K

Kayne

Im really sad i missed this one. Was going to come to it, sadly i havent had much access to UO this last week.
If anyone would like these events up as news please do tell me even if im not there, would be good to see the community creating the news. Anyone that would like to write up the actual reports as well as the pictures, feel free and it will be posted with credit given to the writer.