• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

@Kyronix: Regarding Pub 86 New Cleanup Talismans.

Catskills Al

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

This is probably a long shot but I was thinking if you and the dev team can include complementary skills on the new talismans just like they are on the "Mark of Travesty" masks. Meaning, right now for instance the necro talisman has +10 spirit speak, so then the change would be +10 spirit speak and +10 necromancy. Then the mage talisman would be +10 eval intel and +10 meditation (or magery), etc.

Of course the cost to purchase them would go up as well, I don't mind if they are set at 500k or even 1 or 2 million cleanup points. Hope you'd take a look and consider the suggestion. Thanks.

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

This is probably a long shot but I was thinking if you and the dev team can include complementary skills on the new talismans just like they are on the "Mark of Travesty" masks. Meaning, right now for instance the necro talisman has +10 spirit speak, so then the change would be +10 spirit speak and +10 necromancy. Then the mage talisman would be +10 eval intel and +10 meditation (or magery), etc.

Of course the cost to purchase them would go up as well, I don't mind if they are set at 500k or even 1 or 2 million cleanup points. Hope you'd take a look and consider the suggestion. Thanks.
I wouldn't say so: The highest skill increase we have so far is on that bloodwood spirit with 10 Spirit Speak and 5 Necro, and nothing else, so +20 in skills plus the other stuff that is on it would be way overpowered.

Just my thoughts!

Catskills Al

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't say so: The highest skill increase we have so far is on that bloodwood spirit with 10 Spirit Speak and 5 Necro, and nothing else, so +20 in skills plus the other stuff that is on it would be way overpowered.

Just my thoughts!
You may have overlooked the crystal ring for mages with +20 mage and +20 focus, along with +20 sdi and the regens. That's pretty OP. Also, with all the new armor loots in shame and such, I've seen some clean OP legendary equipments, albeit they are rare but still. UO is all about items nowaday and the ship with "equipments being OP" has long sailed.

So adding another +10 skill to the talismans doesn't break anything that other equipments haven't already broke imho.

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You may have overlooked the crystal ring for mages with +20 mage and +20 focus, along with +20 sdi and the regens. That's pretty OP. Also, with all the new armor loots in shame and such, I've seen some clean OP legendary equipments, albeit they are rare but still. UO is all about items nowaday and the ship with "equipments being OP" has long sailed.

So adding another +10 skill to the talismans doesn't break anything that other equipments haven't already broke imho.
We are not talking jewels here. We are talking talismans.

Catskills Al

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are not talking jewels here. We are talking talismans.
My bad, I was assuming you meant everything when you stated "...nothing..."

Anyway, I still don't believe another +10 skill will break anything that other equipments haven't already broke. Of course, it's still up to the devs to decide is why I said in the op that I understands it's a long shot.

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My bad, I was assuming you meant everything when you stated "...nothing..."
Oh, semantics, the final refuge!

I think, that we already have too many items that give skill points boosts. If another 20 extra points are included in a slot that was limited to a maximum of 15 before the publish and will be pushed already beyond that with the new publish, there is no reason to ask for even more....
Why don't we give out rings with 100 hiding and 75 stealth skill?

Skill points are one of the few things that keep this game somewhat balanced and characters from being able to do anything.
Developers please be careful when you give out bonuses on the skillpoints!

Catskills Al

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, semantics, the final refuge!
Wow, the post was constructive until you decided to spew your douchy sarcasm...wish there was a way to ban illogical people from commenting on posts. I didn't ask for your inputs in the first place, it was directed at Kyronix and it's up to him and his dev team to decide on what to do. Also, I was asking, not forcing them to do anything. They can decide to implement what they want.

Also,

Why don't we give out rings with 100 hiding and 75 stealth skill?
Asking for a +10 skill point is not equivalent to +100 ring or whatever you are spewing. Anyway, please take you and your sarcasm and go bother someone else, thanks.