• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

@Kyronix :Pet Respec Tool -- New addition to the Pet Revamp? About time?

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
How about that?
What detriment to the taming and the game would that be?
So you spent good hard earned UO gold, and time and effort to spec a pet, you put 120's, your pet is great.
Then one of several things happen:
--Oops..You did not max Str or damage, or you pressed the wrong button and added wrong ability. Or.
--Things in the game or mob you are after changed.
There goes all you effort, time. Very frustrating. Especially if you did this to a legacy pet.
Should not be too hard to remove PS from a pet, or add PS, or respec the entire pet of several items, like int, mana, str, etc. Lots of other MMO's have these one way or another.
Especially in UO taming that is super grinding to spec a pet, the changes, nerfs, mistakes that can easily happen, why have it so unforgiving?
Writing a program for re-specializing pets cannot be all that hard, is not game-breaking, and will not make any pets OP. Charge afee for it, make it something we buy from UO store in-game. Or make it something in-game we craft etc.
Not having the ability to respec a pet makes no sense. If a FREE game can have this why not UO?
If you can respec players characters, why not pets?
This should have been done already from the beginning with the pet revamp. To reduce the confusion and anxiety of people about pet upgrades.
Make a tool, give it some charges, and allow it to use 1, 2, or more charges depending on what you want to change in a pet, or how many stats, scrolls you want to change etc.
What do you guys think?
@Khaelor what do you think? Is there anything negative to this?
What do you guys think of this idea?
And if is indeed a good idea that could save lots of pets from oblivion, why not someone post this on the uo message board?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Dont lose the ps, but have it refund points - the cost of scrolls.1 level worth of points would be ok.

The problem being that they would have to travk on the pet how, and when ya soent points

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
They do not track the starting stats of a pet, nor do they track each training step that was applied to a pet. There would be no way to "reset" your pet back to its starting stats so you can get a do-over. The closest thing they can do is what they did to target exploited pets, which is to force a stat re-roll on them (essentially respawn them).

You may be fine with that, but how many people would raise holy hell if their 760 Str/80 Cold Legacy WW rerolled to 725 Str with 90 cold resist, or their 90% Legacy Nightmare rerolled to a 50% rated one?

Do you blame the devs if you finally reforge a rare combination of stats on an item, then forget to powder before you imbue? Mistakes suck, but slow down and don't rush into things and they will happen less.

Kyronix previously stated (during a M&G I believe) that powerscrolls are intended to be a consumable item. By allowing them to be removed from pets there would be a huge and sudden influx of them into the market, combined with the fact that you know you can just remove powerscrolls from your pet whenever you want would, would tank the market. Do I think the powerscroll market is absurd right now? Yes. But it would be just as absurd if thousands and thousand of powerscrolls suddenly entered the market and didn't get destroyed on use.

If they added anything to the game to allow some kind of pet respecing it would not be retroactive. They would have to change the system to start tracking the starting stats of a pet before it starts training. To do this they would have to redesign their ID system, as a pet's ID will change when it is transferred to another shard.

Not saying it wouldn't be nice to be able to undo mistakes, but there would be a LOT that needs to be done to the system to allow this to happen properly and it would not save pets that have already been messed up.

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is why they have test center. Pressed the wrong button? You could say that for most things in the game. Sure I have a few pets I'd like to reset but let's be real. It ain't gonna happen.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Khyro Totally agree and if they did do it that would be the most abused reset button anywhere. I don't like that reroll lets do it again.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is why they have test center. Pressed the wrong button? You could say that for most things in the game. Sure I have a few pets I'd like to reset but let's be real. It ain't gonna happen.
Now you did it you gave away one of the best kept secrets in all of UO, how dare you let people know that they can copy their tamer to TC and do all their pet training there. ;)

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I think it's very unlikely we'll see any changes to the pet leveling system. Maybe they'll add new pets from time to time or change max slots, but I highly doubt the system will change. Especially with the High Seas focus for 2019.

*EDIT*
That being said, 1 small change I'd like to see is the cap on DEX raised from 150 to 190 so all pets can get max walking speed.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They do not track the starting stats of a pet, nor do they track each training step that was applied to a pet.
A 78% intensity pet will end as a 78% intensity pet. They can respec it to 78% at any slot point. Also could drop the scrolls because they use intensity value.

*Unless the game does not use the intensity when pets are made and that is something yall made up to get a feeling of what a pets rating is.

Also They already said this is not something they want to do.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You may be fine with that, but how many people would raise holy hell if their 760 Str/80 Cold Legacy WW rerolled to 725 Str with 90 cold resist
Hehe. So wish i had waited for the numbers on Chiv to come in before i built him.
WW 1.PNG WW 3.PNG

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I think we all agree to disagree with one another, and new ideas that may help the game overall, siting our different views and opinions.
I think the question raised is a good one, and the point is valid.

The animal trainer or stabler or NPC at the stables could be given an additional function, that is to sell a "Gem of Training" or whatever name, for uo$, possibly 500K or something attainable, act as a little gold sink also. This item could do some of the re-specializing.
I agree that once the PS are applied they could stay as they are or give you the option to increase i.e. from wres 105 to 110 if you have the 110 PS.
No need to remember or have a record of what the fresh tame pet was.
they could either leave PS'ed overcapped skills as they are, and allow players to reset the attributes, resists, and moves . This based on limits from the class of the pet, and most importantly from the total residual intensity if scrolls are taken out of the calculation.
Usually PS all 120 or so are ~620 points. Leave those out if need be, but allow the player to re-allocate earned training points. Then re-allocate remaining points where player now learned will make a difference for a more decent pet. Like the "24-33" damage, and the "700" str etc., proper int, SR, MR, regens etc.
Hire a highschool kid, and have him/her make an little program algorithm for this, then put on Test center as an experiment. If it does not seem to work, scrap it..
This also may help with future nerfs/changes in pet moves/abilities, kind of "future proof" your effort of having first found the right pet, then spend a massive amount of time and resoursces training and skilling it, that is not a small undertaking.
Creating a reasonably good pet with skills, PS and all can take many hours of patient work. You allude to mistakes in crafting items - Most items do not take 20-100 hours to craft..A pet does..So in a way such ability to re-allocate earned points will be protecting that time investment and gold investment you put in that pet.
It is not impossible, and can be done with a little commitment from both tamers and devs.
For better game experience and less frustration and anxiety overall.
Case in point for programming: Look at that very nice tool in UO-CAH.COM. You can adjust theorycrafting points. Do something similar. You already have the total intensity and limits for each item. What can be so bad with an item like this in game to readjust points?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And what is stopping people from just taking all their untrained pets to TC and figuring all this out before they commit. Can we please have a GEM to take off mods to armor/weps/shields/jewelry. Please let me undo all my imbuing/reforging and anything else I can think of and yes I want all the kits and material %100 given back to me. When is this going to end, you make a mistake you learn and live with it you don't ask for redos.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The only mistakes that truly make me sad are really old/sentimental pets. it sucks when they get messed up. But that is why people should take care when creating animals. A lot of times people are in a rush. They don't want to take the time to read. Warnings pop up, they click right past them and then wonder why Magery and poisoning don't work on their Nightmare. If a pet means something to you, take the time to understand training, use a planner, go to test center, and take 20 minutes to read what various things in training do.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Why is it so hard to agree on this?
I agree that crafting certain items takes reading about the mods how to do it, and millions gold worth of items to make them, also some hours to get all the items needed, like 100% elemental weapons for instance then add mods to them and the regs required, so the point is understood. But we also have "enervation" item to undo some of the unwanted mods etc. Takes time, effort and gold to do this. But not necessarily 20+ hours plus on top of that 150-200 M in gold. That is insane.
On the opposite side you have a weapon that is called a pet, that first takes many hours of spawning to get the right one, if you are lucky. How many hours does it take to get a white Cu or black Cu with 590 HP and 75 cold 75 energy? You are a tamer, and if you have done any spawning you try to answer that. You get a good one IF you are lucky after hours and hours of spawning.
Thats step one. How many hours? Again you answer that, but be real. (Could be weeks or more before you get one, spawning several hours a day for a number of hours, if you are lucky that is).
Then you have to skill wres, tact anat to 100, dex to 125. With all the tricks in your bag, if that pet is a fire beetle for instance..it will take you long time just for this.
Then you go to either start training that mostly cannot be done afk, to train to level 5 probably at least 2 more hours.
Then You apply your PS usually last level, and train to caps. How many hours? Count them.
Then finally you got the pet that you wanted with the specs that you wanted and all PS.
Then you realize that the nerfmobile has visited the special ability:
Now it has become more fair that Poison breath hits very few targets, and that Venomous bite hits more targets like how you wanted the AoE to be. So now after all the effort time spent and PS spent and reading that you did, you are stuck with something you did not plan or want, due to the nerfs that are bound to happen.
That is after spending more than 20+ hours, and 150M-200M in resources. There is NO crafting weapon or day to day item that would take all these resources including time in the game.
SO:
Why is it so hard to see that a process that would allow you to redistribute points to Stats, resists, regens in these pets, would be a positive item for the game?
Let us hear some of the negatives. What harm could this do to the game?
The code for this would be too hard is an absurd argument. Any highschool kid can program the code for this in just a few minutes, and would not take Devs precious time from "fighting bugs" that have been present for decades.
Try to see this idea as "future guarding" of massive effort and time and expense that you committed in pets. Don't be naive and think that there will be no more nerfs or changes.
That people should go to TC1 and test pets, and they should be careful, is another what else is new argument. Mistakes are part of human nature. Some people are more "human" than others in that regard..
Why punish the tamer? Allow redistribution of at least SOME points, for a price. Only for upgraded pets, and disallow non-upgraded pets, i.e. pets that cannot be upgraded like GD of SW's that were not upgradable.
If a pet has been "trained" then allow some point redistribution for a price in UO gold preferably. So the messed up pet esp. PP pet legacy pet can be salvaged also.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a few pets deep in a stable that have 120 Med, 120 Focus, 120 Parry because I had a bunch of those at the beginning because those were cheap or dropped on the ground years ago. I had no Idea that I would build so many pets. I save them just in case we can recover scrolls some day.

I would be fine with just a scroll recovery.

Another option would to allow to remove points from an area and those points become usable.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
5ooo Sovereigns for a pet redo in the UO Store because if you do it for UO Gold then the Gold sellers reap the reward.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
5ooo Sovereigns for a pet redo in the UO Store because if you do it for UO Gold then the Gold sellers reap the reward.
No, not really. The whole idea was to let the little guy that screwed up his goofs of PP pets or other labor intensive pets to repair things at least a little bit. Make the process useable to the masses. UO gold sellers are a different story, more complex than the game itself. Frankly, I don't know of an MMO that has dealt with them in any productive way. I think to make 500k one could just farm wood a few days and get it. Or tame a few fancy pets and easily get if if a farmer tamer. Heck my farmer tamer makes 100 times that in a week if lucky. So no need for RMT's to get 500k or so. Again needs to be doable, like the shields we can make spell channeling at the mages. Or make it 1-2 M at most.
Lets not shoot ourselves in the foot by asking for an item that would cost $20 at the store or 200 M or something. At least have them make an effort to help us correct mistakes/counteract future nerfs/changes they may drop on us and our pets.
Please help with your valued opinions, and if you think the idea is bad that OP posted, please state the reasons why.
Programming wise its easy. Devs just have to have a heart for this, and perhaps a little encouragement/prompting from us.
We need to have some type of consensus otherwise they will continue to think we are are not serious, and opinions on this are totally split and they then absolutely do nothing at all.
I suspect what he is suggesting is likely a major positive change in the pet revamp system that may help a lot of people and their pets from oblivion. (The pixel afterlife)..

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make your mistakes on TC and you wouldn't have this problem. What you want is a way to test on your reg shard at 100K a pop, no thank you. Most adults that make mistakes own up to them and move on, they don't ask to pay a fine for a redo. And I am very serious so there is my consensus and yes I have a Tamer and ask lots of questions and have been known to copy my Tamer to TC almost every day till I get the pet i want then train it on my shard and guess what as an adult if I make a mistake I own it and move on, I do not ask the DEVs to correct something I did of my own free will. Tamers want a redo on their PET design, well I also have Crafter do I get redos for them too, oh wait my Warrior ate the wrong scrolls I want a redo for them too and I am sure the PvPers will want redos also.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I’ve been a little unsure if I wanted to weigh in here but I will. Being someone who has goofed up my share of pets, I get the reasons behind wanting a way to fix an error.
With that said, I stand against this idea. Like I said I made mistakes, anyone who is human has made a few, but calling for a “do over” or calling a mulligan and demanding way to correct it (as well as saying “I want to only pay 500k to fix my mistake”) is another reason I am against this idea.
The best idea is get another pet and pay more attention to the details, don’t race to “just get it done”. This is what I do.

One last thing, if the request was for something a little lighter, say a chance to change an added ability like mortal strike to armor ignore, then maybe that would have very small, tiny chance to maybe, be considered but asking for a total complete reset, nope, no, just no. Hard pass for me.

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That does not sound too reasonable, and the reason is not either. The Gold Sellers would not be getting richer by this. And the 50,000 Sovs or 5,000 Sovs is not either:)

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Make your mistakes on TC and you wouldn't have this problem. What you want is a way to test on your reg shard at 100K a pop, no thank you. Most adults that make mistakes own up to them and move on, they don't ask to pay a fine for a redo. And I am very serious so there is my consensus and yes I have a Tamer and ask lots of questions and have been known to copy my Tamer to TC almost every day till I get the pet i want then train it on my shard and guess what as an adult if I make a mistake I own it and move on, I do not ask the DEVs to correct something I did of my own free will. Tamers want a redo on their PET design, well I also have Crafter do I get redos for them too, oh wait my Warrior ate the wrong scrolls I want a redo for them too and I am sure the PvPers will want redos also.
Thanks for the info : We all know about the TC1, and I am sure most if not all of us use it. Also you are mixing apples with oranges a little bit?
The points was : Pet upgrading including Legacy Pet, is a massive undertaking requiring huge amounts of effort, time and gold lots of times. So if you have a "perfect pet" with all ok upgrades PS specials etc., the Devs decide to nerf Chiv for instance, or change MM to optimize it, or nerf your special you have on. Then you are stuck. Right? As things are now, yes.
Also, you are presenting no real good arguments as to why a partial re-do at least would be damaging to the game. The arguments for the benefits of this were presented to you. This is not a useless exercise in futility by the Devs, it has good potential for the game.
Your single and only argument against this is : You messed up the pet, now sustain the consequences, and bear it. Thats not a real argument, and it is punitive to the new tamer. " You messed up your pet after you spent many hours and 150 M gold on it, TOO BAD. Grin and bear it", right? That is not a logical or productive argument, its a condemnation, especially when you see legacy pets messed up the way we see them!

**The question asked was if there is something in this that would be damaging to the game or other players, lets hear about it. In short, what is wrong with the idea/proposal?**

Seems that there are people here that would welcome an in-game option to at least partially respec their pets.

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I’ve been a little unsure if I wanted to weigh in here but I will. Being someone who has goofed up my share of pets, I get the reasons behind wanting a way to fix an error.
With that said, I stand against this idea. Like I said I made mistakes, anyone who is human has made a few, but calling for a “do over” or calling a mulligan and demanding way to correct it (as well as saying “I want to only pay 500k to fix my mistake”) is another reason I am against this idea.
The best idea is get another pet and pay more attention to the details, don’t race to “just get it done”. This is what I do.

One last thing, if the request was for something a little lighter, say a chance to change an added ability like mortal strike to armor ignore, then maybe that would have very small, tiny chance to maybe, be considered but asking for a total complete reset, nope, no, just no. Hard pass for me.
Exactly..Allow re-doing the specials, that we all know how many changes/nerfs they have had. Agree the PS respecing may be a little too much for our programmers to figure out also, as the pre-training stats/skills are not stored. But not too hard to figure out how to do this with other things. Unless they allow "harvesting" the 120s and scrap the pet in a way..
And the price for this should be attainable by new players that do not have tons of gold. Not 50M or 50000 Sov..

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
All your responses are appreciated, and thank you for your comments.
My main question also was : What is wrong with this idea, and how could this be damaging to the game and taming revamp : Partial re-stat, and or partial specials re-do, re-resists?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is wrong with this idea, and how could this be damaging to the game and taming revamp
I can not come up with a reason it would damage the game. It was brought up soon after the revamp.

It would be work for the devs but the end pet % is the same as the beginning pet % so they could remake that intensity in a new pet. Some stats wont be the same. Pets with overcapped resists are identifiable.
So, I guess the devs using their time to make this happen is "damaging"?

Personally if I could do this I would redo many of my Cus and give more Chivalry. That would be fun but this is not an issue I would fight for.

I put 120s on a 3 slot Naj very quickly. I would put those scrolls on a 2 slot one. But the 3 slot one damages Zippy as good as my 2 slot one.

More of a novelty issue to me. Not game changing. (Unless I took all the scrolls off my pets and sold them on Atlantic. Id be rich!)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That does not sound too reasonable, and the reason is not either. The Gold Sellers would not be getting richer by this. And the 50,000 Sovs or 5,000 Sovs is not either:)
To me it is reasonable and guess what I am just as entitled to my opinion as you are and yes if ti was a high amount of gold then where is this new person or the normal player going to get it is he/she doesn't buy it from gold sellers. Where the hell did I say 50,000 Sovs.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the info : We all know about the TC1, and I am sure most if not all of us use it. Also you are mixing apples with oranges a little bit?
The points was : Pet upgrading including Legacy Pet, is a massive undertaking requiring huge amounts of effort, time and gold lots of times. So if you have a "perfect pet" with all ok upgrades PS specials etc., the Devs decide to nerf Chiv for instance, or change MM to optimize it, or nerf your special you have on. Then you are stuck. Right? As things are now, yes.
Also, you are presenting no real good arguments as to why a partial re-do at least would be damaging to the game. The arguments for the benefits of this were presented to you. This is not a useless exercise in futility by the Devs, it has good potential for the game.
Your single and only argument against this is : You messed up the pet, now sustain the consequences, and bear it. Thats not a real argument, and it is punitive to the new tamer. " You messed up your pet after you spent many hours and 150 M gold on it, TOO BAD. Grin and bear it", right? That is not a logical or productive argument, its a condemnation, especially when you see legacy pets messed up the way we see them!

**The question asked was if there is something in this that would be damaging to the game or other players, lets hear about it. In short, what is wrong with the idea/proposal?**

Seems that there are people here that would welcome an in-game option to at least partially respec their pets.
OMG Do you mean I was the only one that could copy their Legacy pets to TC, WOW UO What did you do. And IMHO the only reason you are giving is a WHA WHA I made a mistake let me stomp my little feet so I can get a do over. How about you be an ADULT and own your mistake and move on, quit asking for hand outs as a good argument. I think that it is funny that you use a NEW Tamer as an example as a reason for this and then say they used 150M worth of PSs now that is funny. Where does a NEW Tamer get all those PSs from, thin air. There are so many resources to player doing anything in UO it isn't funny. Have you seen all the threads on Pet Builds here if not than I am sorry that is your bad and if you don't read Stratics than that is your problem and guess what that also means you are not reading this either so this is really just for the select few that uses Stratics crying for do overs. This isn't for all the player base because all the player base does not use Stratics contrary to what you want to believe this is all about the minority that does use Stratics crying for a hand out. This is nothing more than a request for another "Easy Button", sorry.

**The question asked was if there is something in this that would be damaging to the game or other players, lets hear about it. In short, what is wrong with the idea/proposal?** I find this the most funny because you are saying this is if someone doesn't agree with the proposal then they should just keep their damn mouth shut.
The damaging part about this "Easy Button" request is if the DEVs agree to it then what about the next and the next "Easy Button" request and why should Tamers be the only play style that get do overs, that's kind of racist don't you think that one group gets specials and no other group gets any specials.

Last edited:

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Speaking as a casual player, which I am, I don’t know why this is such a hot topic. If you tell someone that boiling water will burn you and they still put their hand in the pot of boiling water, they get burned. I get this is not the same as messing up a pet but at the same time it is. If someone rushed out and trained their legacy or rare pet and it’s now a hot mess, well sorry but that is life.
Personally, seriously doubt the devs will create a “do over” token but if they do, make it available only from the UO Store and make it 10,000 sovereigns. Sounds harsh? Yes, but it will still sell.
I still have my first trained pet with the pet revamp. I red cu I tamed more years ago then I can remember. I made several mistakes on her but guess what, I still use her! I do think what I goofed up and knowing now what I should have done, but I also accept I messed up and don’t dwell on it.
I can only hope the devs do not put out a reset token for pets.

To those calling for this, ask yourself, why, why do you want this? To fix what is now considered the wrong way to apply the points to your pets or just a belief you should be given a reward for making an error?
As I said, I’ve made mistakes, but I still feel it would hurt the game more then help by giving some kind of reset.

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't really mind about the powerscrolls... But it be nice to change up skills and abilities on a pet... Or even just change area effects and special moves

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I still feel it would hurt the game more then help by giving some kind of reset.
I know, I know, punish the new player who bought the PS for real $ from the RMTs, then scrolled and trained the wrong things, careless etc. But,

The main question though is how it would hurt the game? Or other players?

Because the highschool kid that would get paid $10/hr to make the code for 15 minutes would charge too much, or take precious dev time from correcting other things in the game? Just curious.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I don't really mind about the powerscrolls... But it be nice to change up skills and abilities on a pet... Or even just change area effects and special moves

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
Yep, and able to change STATS would be awesome. If you go to ATL stable and look at some of the pets, you'd better be sitting down..Esp some Legacy pets.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
OMG Do you mean I was the only one that could copy their Legacy pets to TC, WOW UO What did you do. And IMHO the only reason you are giving is a WHA WHA I made a mistake let me stomp my little feet so I can get a do over. How about you be an ADULT and own your mistake and move on, quit asking for hand outs as a good argument. I think that it is funny that you use a NEW Tamer as an example as a reason for this and then say they used 150M worth of PSs now that is funny. Where does a NEW Tamer get all those PSs from, thin air. There are so many resources to player doing anything in UO it isn't funny. Have you seen all the threads on Pet Builds here if not than I am sorry that is your bad and if you don't read Stratics than that is your problem and guess what that also means you are not reading this either so this is really just for the select few that uses Stratics crying for do overs. This isn't for all the player base because all the player base does not use Stratics contrary to what you want to believe this is all about the minority that does use Stratics crying for a hand out. This is nothing more than a request for another "Easy Button", sorry.

**The question asked was if there is something in this that would be damaging to the game or other players, lets hear about it. In short, what is wrong with the idea/proposal?** I find this the most funny because you are saying this is if someone doesn't agree with the proposal then they should just keep their damn mouth shut.
The damaging part about this "Easy Button" request is if the DEVs agree to it then what about the next and the next "Easy Button" request and why should Tamers be the only play style that get do overs, that's kind of racist don't you think that one group gets specials and no other group gets any specials.
No need to raise BP @Lord Frodo. Every new idea sounds a little revolutionary is not always welcome, or even well understood. Also what he is asking is what specific potential harm that would be to taming, or game altogether. Looks like there is no good answer to this. Esp when he talks about limited respec. Like stats, abilities or moves.
One answer by @Khaelor sounds like it cannot be completely done due to original pet templates are not saved, so the PS respec is out, since post tame overcaps are not remembered by the game etc. @Pawain suggested that outside of PS otherwise total pet intensity is there, cannot be changed, so by inference things like stats, and moves, specials may be the respec items. You will not need to re-write the code from scratch, since it is already there, and minor mods may allow this.
Anyways..Nothing will ever happen. Soo..Enough theory crating of new ideas. And for uour info : I have not scrolled any pets (yet), and only messed one PP mare, and deleted that when the revamp came out, also I deleted a PP WW back then. But still have 4 PP pets that some day I will train..But have trained 101 other pets and not scroll. They work nicely..And they are not messed up..Go figure..:devil:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Believe me @celticus there is nothing wrong with my BP as I am fully able to reply to threads like this while laughing my ass off. I just love the attitude of people now a days with their wha wha wha give me give me give me we are owed this demands. I come from a totally different generation that actually wanted to work for what they had and accepted that when they made mistakes they stood up like adults and moved on they didn't expect do overs or cry about it. I just love this new world order but what scares the hell out of me is what this world will be like when my youngest grandchild will be like with the can't say anything or have an opinion because the public will burn you at the stake unless you are one of them then you can do no wrong. Sorry I am not one of you guys but guess what I am fully able to stand on my own two feet and admit I made a mistake without crying about it and take anything anybody wants to say about me. Have a good day.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I know, I know, punish the new player who bought the PS for real $ from the RMTs, then scrolled and trained the wrong things, careless etc. But,

The main question though is how it would hurt the game? Or other players?

Because the highschool kid that would get paid $10/hr to make the code for 15 minutes would charge too much, or take precious dev time from correcting other things in the game? Just curious.
So your whole take away from what I have said was to boil it down to that single line? Really?!?

Do you even know what the UO Store even is? It is run by Broadsword, you the people that are the caretakers of UO, otherwise known as the devs.

I truly feel Khyro hit the nail on the head, about the tracking of the pet data. And I still stand against any kind of reset token, as the “new players” you speak of have far more resources to pull from then any of us who were pet training right from the beginning. The K’s incredible web site is truly the mother load and the place I’ve sent more people to then I can count. I’ve sent friends and strangers alike to that site.
Will mistakes still happen? Absolutely! After all, we are all human and we will still make mistakes.

I’ve had more to say but decided it’s not worth it, so I deleted it.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
So your whole take away from what I have said was to boil it down to that single line? Really?!?

Do you even know what the UO Store even is? It is run by Broadsword, you the people that are the caretakers of UO, otherwise known as the devs.

I truly feel Khyro hit the nail on the head, about the tracking of the pet data. And I still stand against any kind of reset token, as the “new players” you speak of have far more resources to pull from then any of us who were pet training right from the beginning. The K’s incredible web site is truly the mother load and the place I’ve sent more people to then I can count. I’ve sent friends and strangers alike to that site.
Will mistakes still happen? Absolutely! After all, we are all human and we will still make mistakes.

I’ve had more to say but decided it’s not worth it, so I deleted it.
So the total intensity points are hard wired in a pet, even after it is completed. That is not an issue.
Also, the pet respec tool already exists in the game : Its called the UO pet planner, that is not available after the blue button is gone and the pet is completed. Slight modifications of it would not take much programming at all.
After buying the permission from either pet trainer or UO store as an item or option:
That pet planner can be re-opened again, after you purchase the option and easily be modified with permissions to :
- Not change any of the PS already in place.
-Change the Stats Str, Int, Dex, Stam in the first lore page within allowable limits for the specific pet and redistribute points as needed.
-Change resists, and/or regens as long as points are available.
-Change or remove specials as long as points are available.
-Change regens as long as points are available.
-Disallowed otions are blanked out from the choices.

All it would take would be the willingness by the Devs to consider the pros and cons of this idea, and use it to benefit the game, possibly bringing more US$ to the UO store even. Just try it in a future release use it in the TC1 and check it out.
This will NOT make any pets or tamers OP, will not damage the pet system, will not affect PvP or PvM, and it is a positive modification that would reduce the grind or deleting the gimped pet, retame and re-train and skill and scroll another pet. The effort/benefit ratio for this seems to be favorable.
IMHO.:)