• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Krystal never took any Gold!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Feyre

Hmm i remember when bunch of vendors fell at my shop, i definatly plundered their golds from the moving crate :O But alas im nice and returned it once they started playing again.

K

Kat SP

Memnoch left the game knowing full well he still had a vendor that was holding gold. Blaming the vendor house owner because the owner of the vendor was irresponsible, is absurd at best. Each vendor owner is responsible for handling their business.

Feel free to give us an encore performance if you must, but we have all had to learn a few lessons the hard way, in game and IRL. I sympathize with him to a degree and I realize this is a game, but it can be very similar to RL in some ways. Accountability and being responsible are sometimes hard lessons to learn. We've all been there at one time or another. Somtimes we have to suck it up and learn from our mistakes.

I

imported_Magnolia

<blockquote><hr>

Memnoch left the game knowing full well he still had a vendor that was holding gold. Blaming the vendor house owner because the owner of the vendor was irresponsible, is absurd at best. Each vendor owner is responsible for handling their business.

Feel free to give us an encore performance if you must, but we have all had to learn a few lessons the hard way, in game and IRL. I sympathize with him to a degree and I realize this is a game, but it can be very similar to RL in some ways. Accountability and being responsible are sometimes hard lessons to learn. We've all been there at one time or another. Somtimes we have to suck it up and learn from our mistakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this I totally agree.

I

imported_Castor

have we eliminated the possibility of Mem maybe letting somebody try on the 17 mil?

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

No Kat... He didn't abandon his vendor... He was well aware of leaving the vendor with so much gold and told Krystal that he had millions on his vendor and to contact him if they needed to move his vendor while he was away... And he told her he would get in game and do so...

[/ QUOTE ]lol ZOMG I am going to poke my eyeballs out! How hard is it for k0c to get it in their heads that krystal doesn't own the house!?!?! How in gods name should she be responsible for warning a vendor owner abotu something she has NO control over?!?!?! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So, if I put up a vendor on Mono's house, then ask YOU (Magnolia) to warn me if I need to move the vendor or pick up gold or wipe my butt after taking a crap, will you do that for me? I mean, I would expect you to, just like you expect krystal to have talked to Memnoc. While you are at it, can you be sure to return every idoc item you have ever gotten? I mean, thats only the right thing to do. COntact all the idoc owners and return their goods. kthxbuy

I

imported_Ibichi

I try not to get involved in anything here now but I do read the boards several times a day.

I just wanted to point out that Chim did own the house for awhile, than he gave it back to Krystal who had it up til the time I left the game. When he gave the house back to her we had to take our vendors down because she wanted to redesign it. At that time I moved mine to my own place and shortly after that I left the game.

Just wanted to be sure that no one thinks Chim did anything with anyones funds.

Hi everyone and Happy Easter to all.

G

Oh Kat..............Ye have depressed me greatly this day.

I have had the reining (Siege Perilous dramafest) sig and or pictures often with me RuPaul pics and this :

And now ye come up with something WAY COOLER...like this..........

So now ima all down and depressed................... I am feeling very EMOtional now..............

gets out her Siege Bard ................

slashes her wrists and plays a tune...which is really tricky to DO whilst ye slashed ye wrists to hold geetar and drums...at same time...yet plays her sad emo melancoly tune..................................as the now toppled disposed Queen of cool Siege only useable uber leet drama queenz pictures.

*sing it with me Kat............tis the least ye can do now that ye have dethroned me as the drama picture Queen...

http://www.hit-country-music-lyrics.com/johnnycashhurtlyric.html

I

imported_Magnolia

<blockquote><hr>

Oh Kat..............Ye have depressed me greatly this day.

I have had the reining (Siege Perilous dramafest) sig and or pictures often with me RuPaul pics and this :

And now ye come up with something WAY COOLER...like this..........

So now ima all down and depressed................... I am feeling very EMOtional now..............

gets out her Siege Bard ................

slashes her wrists and plays a tune...which is really tricky to DO whilst ye slashed ye wrists to hold geetar and drums...at same time...yet plays her sad emo melancoly tune..................................as the now toppled disposed Queen of cool Siege only useable uber leet drama queenz pictures.

*sing it with me Kat............tis the least ye can do now that ye have dethroned me as the drama picture Queen...

http://www.hit-country-music-lyrics.com/johnnycashhurtlyric.html

[/ QUOTE ]

You girls are so funny... Obvious if someone waste time looking up these pictures and then waste time posting them to cut someone down to stir up drama... deserves the title... Got my vote.. ..

G

Well THANK YOU ....yes some of us HAVE a sense of HUMOR and often try to maintaint that when OTHER folks are getting in each others faces trashing peoples reputations without thinking there can be extenuating circumstances for things that happened..

for example

Mem was NOT in game enough rl break or rl college rl issues, to tend to his own vendor and lost a lot of gp millions apparently...

and Krystal was also recently not in game much either rl issues in her rl too...

So ya do not see me coming here accusing any fricken one of anything but rl in the way for possibly, both of em...that may have led to game things happening that neither had wanted TO happen. . nor the owners of houses in game neither and changing owners also messes up things *as what even happened to all of us at Mythic Treasures also no one's fault ..but we were IN game to catch it all going down too.

I tried to also mention even a game issue of vendors going to crap on players elsewhere whom still await EA explanations for those vendors taking a hike when BOTH vendor owners AND vendor house owners WERE in game online in this game world to see it happen even.

sooooooooooo call me wtf ya want to Mag...I pretty much like mem a lot and others here too even ones I not *supposed* to like I DO cuz their guild tags hue and alliances do not fricken bug me.............. like for some of yall..and I try to put some damn humor on this mess for everyone to CALM THE HELL DOWN.... so call it/me wtf ya want I don't care ..cuz I know I do care about players here slinging mud at each other...to the degree folks LEAVE here cuz it is always never ending ..it needs to stop or no one will be left to play HERE. . Siege players slash this shards own/each others wrists and reputations here all too often ie... all the time.

P

prostkr

linkey this is when the house went back to Krystal after Ibi and Chim left, whoever owned this house 30 days after the remodle took place, got the gold........... link 2 looks like its still her shop in this one but i could be wrong and its been proven many times......My point is to back Chim and Ibi, not to bash Krystal she may have already xfered the house to mono.. I looked for a post saying she x-fered it but i didnt see one. (it may be there my search skills kinda suck)

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

linkey this is when the house went back to Krystal after Ibi and Chim left, whoever owned this house 30 days after the remodle took place, got the gold........... link 2 looks like its still her shop in this one but i could be wrong and its been proven many times......My point is to back Chim and Ibi, not to bash Krystal she may have already xfered the house to mono.. I looked for a post saying she x-fered it but i didnt see one. (it may be there my search skills kinda suck)

[/ QUOTE ]
I may have missed something, and i apologize if I did, but wher ein your links does it show krystal owning the house?

edit: to elaborate, here is a link to a thread that krystal posted about selling a house which she clearly does not own either... It appears to me that krystal is just tricked into doing uoss posting legwork because mono and idico are too lazy. Remember, just because she posts about a house, does not mean she owns it.

P

prostkr

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I may have missed something, and i apologize if I did, but wher ein your links does it show krystal owning the house?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only post i can find with her saying she gave the house to Mono is in the vendor sticky above dated 3/13/08 Ibi stated it was given to her when they left (10/29/07)i was still in contact and recieved a mass message to check my vendor at the time the xfer took place, even tho i didnt have one there.......your right....it says we are doing such and such......who is the "we" ????? Im not dawging her, but things are not adding up......who can read the house sign and see when it was last traded?

P

Punani/Atilla

"It appears to me that krystal is just tricked into doing uoss posting legwork because mono and idico are too lazy. "

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!! mumbles: I resemble that remark.

G

here's the info you need:

http://guide.uo.com/trade_4.html

I don't know what's happened here, but based on my experience, if a house changes owners the new owner has to re-set all the vendor contracts to auto-renew.

My vendors have fallen several times because the house owner either forgot, or didn't know, that he needed to do that.

When that happens all that my vendor holds goes into the house sign. I have 7 days in which to claim it before it becomes accessible to the house owner.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

have we eliminated the possibility of Mem maybe letting somebody try on the 17 mil?

[/ QUOTE ]

yea ;(

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You guys took soulweaver need I say more? Its truly unpredictable what lows youll stoop to now...

I find it funny yall stayed up all ni ght posting and all morning as well...

*Walks off twiddling thumbs* My work here is done... Or actually mono's he made the post.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I guess since he took a break from uo etc. and left it on there it his fault

[/ QUOTE ]well... yeah. Why didn't he pull the gold from the vendor? Not to mention vendors are not supposed to store gold. Looks like he made some poor decisions that cost him, resulting in his gold disappearing.

This could have been avoided had he dropped the vendor on his own prior to his break, or had he checked in on it occasionally during his break. This is just one big case of someone making a big booboo and then trying to blame krystal...

[/ QUOTE ]

can we blame tnt as a whole then since your all up here defending each other... you prolly alll got a quick easy 500k. "you knoww ittt"

G

Not going to wade through all of this or offer any comment on circumstance of which I know nothing, but just wondering: has the current house owner definitely verified that the items/gold from Mem's dead vendor are NOT sitting in the house moving crate? Because that is where they would end up for the owner of the house, NOT on the house sign. You don't get told that stuff is there either as far as I know unless you happen to look to see if anything is in your moving crate (and who does that unless they customized recently?)

From the game vendor FAQ, which as far as I know they have not changed this portion:

<blockquote><hr>

Expiring contracts: One way to terminate a contract is to not renew it. Vendors will disappear at the end of a non-renewing contract period. If either party of the contract agreement has the "Renew on Expiration" option set to "No," then the contract will simply not renew.

Once a contract expires, the vendor will immediately vanish and its inventory and funds will be moved to a special "vendor crate" (This is more like a virtual container, rather than an actual object.). This special "vendor crate" will be displayed as a single line of text ("This Packing Crate Contains X Vendors/Barkeepers.") that will appear when the house owner hovers their mouse pointer over the house moving crate. The tenant will be able to collect any funds remaining on the vendor, as well as any items remaining in the vendor’s inventory, by using a context-sensitive menu option on the house sign.

The items will remain in the special vendor crate for 7 days. If the tenant does not retrieve their property within that time, the items and funds that were on the vendor will be moved into the main house moving crate where they will be accessible to the owner of the house.

[/ QUOTE ]

The exception to this rule is demolition pending due to inactive account by the owner, during which the IDOC phase will just keep cycling until all contracts as well as their grace periods to reclaim goods (9 days) have expired.

The most likely time that the vendor died was when the house was traded. The new owner would have inherited the existing contracts, but everyone would have to accept new terms after existing contracts expired. If someone was not around to accept their end, the vendor would immediately bail when the old contract expired, and the 7 day grace period to reclaim by the vendor owner from the house sign menu would begin.

And yes, you can tell from the house sign when it was last traded.

-Skylark

*edit* I see Petra covered most of this already

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

i love how these people say this crap... but when the shoe was on the other foot others were horrible people... but now u can apply rl situations to your justification... lowell... wrong is wrong.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only post i can find with her saying she gave the house to Mono is in the vendor sticky above dated 3/13/08 Ibi stated it was given to her when they left (10/29/07)i was still in contact and recieved a mass message to check my vendor at the time the xfer took place, even tho i didnt have one there.......your right....it says we are doing such and such......who is the "we" ????? Im not dawging her, but things are not adding up......who can read the house sign and see when it was last traded?

[/ QUOTE ]

wah wah wah

G

<blockquote><hr>

I admit i am not wwell versed in how vendors work, but it was my understanding that you could not increase rental feee mid-rent...

[/ QUOTE ]

you actually can.
i had the problem when i bought revvos skarahouse and had multiple vendors there with people who didnt drop them because they didnt play anymore. so what you do is increase the rental fee to something like 10 mil per week and the vendor will drop quite soon and the houseowner gets what was left on the vendor, including items and gold.

and dont even start [censored], im not saying this is the case, im saying that it would very well be possible.

P

Punani/Atilla

Puffy, like I said, I do not know what is going on here. Further, Mem does not seem to be a bad guy. That said, some people in this thread have been known for years (not saying who) as the biggest scammer EVER. For a person who has admittedly scammed many members (past and present) of this community to point a finger at anyone is the only thing I find funny.

I hate to see any decent person lose something. We do not know all the facts here. As such, I only state what I think I know or understand. This is one reason why I never put other people's vendors on my house (and it is a pain to get them to remove when you feel like selling or remodeling).

G

Shak,

The way I understand it, you can change rental terms at any time you want as owner, but they don't go into affect until the current rental term expires. So if the owner of the house changes vendor contracts to not auto renew, and increases the rental price, essentially it is offering new contracts. The people holding vendors have to accept the new terms before the current contract period expires or the vendors will immediately leave when it is up.

Are you saying you changed the rental price and did not have to wait for contracts to expire before the vendors left? If so that sounds like a bug, and a bad one.

-Skylark

G

That does sound like a nasty trick, or bug.

Anyone want to test it?

imported_Falon of Eldor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am sorry for the loss, however, I am also thankful for the information provided here. A lot of us are just casual players and cant keep up with all this information and changes etc.

I just put up a vendor house and had no idea about all the stuff that can happen to cause vendors to go poof. Expensive lesson, but hopefully a lot of people have learned a lot from this, and as Mem always wanted to help the community, he has again.

http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=7673316&amp;page=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

can we blame tnt as a whole then since your all up here defending each other... you prolly alll got a quick easy 500k. "you knoww ittt"

[/ QUOTE ]All I have done is said krystal doesn't own the house. I don't care what happened to the gold. it wasnt mine before and its not mine now- all I know is someone started slandering (infinitive?) Krystal claiming she owned the house and thus got the gold. Krystal doesn't own the house. She can't have the gold. End of story. But k0c kept pushing that she has the gold. She magically opened the vendor and took it apparently...

I

imported_dexdash

ive never had any problems with my vendor ant that house.... nw of yew gate.... that i keep stocked with atries... just restocked in fact..... you should all go buy it out as an expirement......Ill let you know how it goes...... need you all to buy 17 mil worth though to test my theory.............

I

imported_Krystal

xanthia was chim's char he paid for it. when he traded the house first time it was to xanthia. but then he quit said he was closing all his uo accounts. so i gave house to mono. that's why i made my faction thief into a tamer.
but all that really dont matter. multiple people have had access to all 3 accounts that were owners, including me.
All i can say is i icqed everyone, this was before i got my new icq and told them to remove thier vendors. I honestly dont remember mem saying that to me, cause i know way in hell would want to watch someones GP. thats just asking for trouble. I did not touch mem's GP, sorry for ur loss:/

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

ive never had any problems with my vendor ant that house.... nw of yew gate.... that i keep stocked with atries... just restocked in fact..... you should all go buy it out as an expirement......Ill let you know how it goes...... need you all to buy 17 mil worth though to test my theory.............

[/ QUOTE ]
lol

M

Mr. Hand

I TOLD YOU I HAVE MORE GOLD THEN ALL OF YOU!!!! MUUUHHAAHAHAHAH

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

who are the multiple people? one of them is a thief.....

[/ QUOTE ]
Its me. Everyone, do you read this? It is me. I took the 17 million. There was actually more than that there, closer to 19million. It is mine now. I will not be returning it. I plan on spending it on hookers and coke- as soon as EA implements those into the game.

I admit it, I have the gold. There. End of story.

P

prostkr

we seem to have several folks willing to cover for the person......so i say blame the bunch

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

we seem to have several folks willing to cover for the person......so i say blame the bunch

[/ QUOTE ]
nah, I am just tired of krystal getting blamed for something she didn't do. As I say, I don't really care what happened to the gold- all i know is that it was clearly avoidable by the victim. He was not scammed or cheated in anyway. He let his vendor die during his planned absence. His fault, his fault alone. No game mechanic, no confidence scam- just someone going to play WoW and then pancakes when his vendor is gone months later.

G

show me a case where this isnt the case thoo. the victim always could avoid it.

I

imported_Goron

Sorry shak, but I don't play that game.
Hopefully you are intelligent enough to understand what I meant by victim could have avoided it.

There is a difference between me actively choosing to cross the street without looking, and someone tricking me into crossing without looking.
I could *easily* avoid getting hit by a car in the first situation if make the responsible decision and look both ways before crossing the street.
In the second situation I have been manipulated into not looking both ways, this is not my fault, this is the fault of the person who tricked me/

P

prostkr

so im not the only one who thinks there is sumthing amuck in sosaria...to bad we will never know, they have all huddled in the corner surrounded by unsuspecting supporters.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

G

see thats exactly what i meant thoo, it still was you who let someone else trick you. and if you wouldnt play along accordingly, he wouldnt have tricked you.

but what makes your statement funny is that you dont know which of your two situations was the case, but still you say it was memnochs fault. with my reasoning you could do that, but not with yours. youd have to know if he just walked without looking or if he got tricked. and i doubt you were the houseowner when it happened.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

but what makes your statement funny is that you dont know which of your two situations was the case, but still you say it was memnochs fault. with my reasoning you could do that, but not with yours. youd have to know if he just walked without looking or if he got tricked. and i doubt you were the houseowner when it happened.

[/ QUOTE ]
Read your own quote. Then explain to me why you are posting in this thread at all. You know just as much about this situation as I do.
I am simply defending a guildmate from an attack by many members of k0c. Krystal does not own the house- based on that I am making the assumption that it is impossible for her to have acquired any gold from it. Assuming my premises hold true, then krystal can not have the gold. That is all I have said in this thread (and that i have it, but i doubt many people beleieved that) with regards to what happened to the gold. Other people made baseless accusations against krystal- I made a fact-backed defense of krystal.

G

ok then let me point out a few things. she said chimera owned it on kynthia or xinthia or whatever char, which is a char she had access to for sure. further someone tried to defend her saying incorrect things (which i corrected with my first post in this thread and verified with the second one).

now you see, while i dont defend or accuse anyone of doing something but only correct some facts, you actually try defend her with false facts. maybe you see now, the accusations arent as baseless as you thought while your defense is actually more baseless than you thought.

but tell me, what are you doing in this thread? what would the point of this thread be anyways other than have some drama? did you guys expect after posting it everyone who first thought krystal took it all of a sudden will say "hey! i guess she didnt!"? or did you think it would have been different if your defense actually would be correct and she never had a way to access the gold at all? do you think those who say she did it would care?

but to answer your question about what im doing in this thread, my superdragon just bonded a bit ago. so we can go back and forth a bit, im not done training it yet

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i agree.... the ole guilt by assosication

I

imported_Goron

well... some people disputed your fact about changing vendor rent mid-contract.

And all I know is krystal doesn't have the money. I base this on trust and vent conversations. Could she be lying? yes. But I doubt she would lie to her own guild about that. If she did have the gold, but denied it publicly, would I tell you she had it? No. But I would not claim she didn't have it.

All I mean to do in this thread is clear her name. She was a lil unhappy that she got targeted and I noticed that. So I simply try to draw attention away from her and maybe onto me. I'd hope you would do the same for your guildmate.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

like i siad when its someone in their ranks its different.. they are all hypocrites... glad to see siege is still alive and barely breathin.

I

imported_Goron

ya know puffy, for claiming to be in this just for fun and drama free- you really work to stir up drama.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Sorry shak, but I don't play that game.
Hopefully you are intelligent enough to understand what I meant by victim could have avoided it.

There is a difference between me actively choosing to cross the street without looking, and someone tricking me into crossing without looking.
I could *easily* avoid getting hit by a car in the first situation if make the responsible decision and look both ways before crossing the street.
In the second situation I have been manipulated into not looking both ways, this is not my fault, this is the fault of the person who tricked me/

[/ QUOTE ]

You could also make the responsible desicion and not listen to the person and do what you know works too, right? na thatd be to simple and not make any valid points towards your post so of course you wont agree...

L

`Lynk

<blockquote><hr>

but to answer your question about what im doing in this thread, my superdragon just bonded a bit ago. so we can go back and forth a bit, im not done training it yet

[/ QUOTE ]

Those lame superdrags should be affected by RoT, if they aren't already.

Status
Not open for further replies.