• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Krampus question

Merth

Journeyman
got bored and decided to help the shard out by doing some runs. Started in Brit, first went to mino, then to jhelom( run and rowboat)....five in a row to new mag, then to moonglow. I gated to the new mag ones and moon before quitting for the night. I understand the gates dont count toward spawning Krampus and possibly reset my three run counter. Should I have just cancelled them instead of gating? Does anyone know for sure?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I cancel all island runs save Jhelom and Skara Brae...

Which is great for Krampus but sucks for the Governors of those towns like Moonglow and New Magincia as they are making ZERO profit off of this event... I'm sure their coffers for things like the trade buff and the Artisan Festival are suffering because of it. Again Poorly planned event since they are left out...

Last edited:

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I cancel all island runs save Jhelom and Skara Brae...

Which is great for Krampus but sucks for the Governors of those towns like Moonglow and New Magincia as they are making ZERO profit off of this event... I'm sure their coffers for things like the trade buff and the Artisan Festival are suffering because of it. Again Poorly planned event since they are left out...
Can you use a boat?

I tried using cross at Skara which is blocked and assumed it wasn't doable.

Adell of Catskills

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Boats are fine. The skara crossing is considered magical transport as is the l teleporters in jhelom and moonglow

Sent from my Alcatel_5054O using Tapatalk

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can you use a boat?

I tried using cross at Skara which is blocked and assumed it wasn't doable.
Yes I use a boat I go North of the Dock to that building parallel to the water and I put my boat there and cross... or if you are on the other side there is a tiny triangle of land the sticks out north of the docks... I put my boat just to the south of that and cross.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes and with a rowboat you get land based encounters if you get ambushed
I have done lots of orders sailing by ship and no matter what the level of the spawn on land, I have always got the leviathons and sea serpents except they're called "Icy Creatures". When I finish my ship run and get back to land ones, a lot of the time it's high level spawn on land. Maybe they're taking pity on us that take ships, it would be horrible to have some of the land based creatures at sea where you can't run away from them and the ship sails way too slowly for the larger paragon speed creatures.

Merth

Journeyman
I have done lots of orders sailing by ship and no matter what the level of the spawn on land, I have always got the leviathons and sea serpents except they're called "Icy Creatures". When I finish my ship run and get back to land ones, a lot of the time it's high level spawn on land. Maybe they're taking pity on us that take ships, it would be horrible to have some of the land based creatures at sea where you can't run away from them and the ship sails way too slowly for the larger paragon speed creatures.
My experience with rowboat is I only get ambushed once I reach land hence land based. I dont know if thats everyone but thats how its happened for me.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My experience with rowboat is I only get ambushed once I reach land hence land based. I dont know if thats everyone but thats how its happened for me.
I have, going from the sandy peninsula to Jhelom, but as you stated, on the rowboat it was the old landbased monsters which were fairly easy to kill. They spawned right in the boat with me and my swampy, I'm an archer so I had no problem exterminating the pests. I have not been ambushed in a rowboat in this new Krampus environment but that could be nasty.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have, going from the sandy peninsula to Jhelom, but as you stated, on the rowboat it was the old landbased monsters which were fairly easy to kill. They spawned right in the boat with me and my swampy, I'm an archer so I had no problem exterminating the pests. I have not been ambushed in a rowboat in this new Krampus environment but that could be nasty.
I think that stopped happening a while back. But it was fun having a boat load of ambushers heading out to sea.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that stopped happening a while back. But it was fun having a boat load of ambushers heading out to sea.
Yeah but it sure got a bit crowded on that tiny slow rowboat, felt like it was all knees and elbows!! :arr::pirate:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I got ambushed on a rowboat the first couple of days. Was only 2 ambushers (frost spider and ice troll).

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So....if you spend like....all this time running trades and FINALLY get Krampus to spawn but.....like...there's no one on to help kill him....and he despawns?

Will my trades re-set since I attacked him but didn't kill him?

Also once he despawns, the minions still ambush....will he respawn again on another trade route or does the whole thing reset once he despawns?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So....if you spend like....all this time running trades and FINALLY get Krampus to spawn but.....like...there's no one on to help kill him....and he despawns?

Will my trades re-set since I attacked him but didn't kill him?

Also once he despawns, the minions still ambush....will he respawn again on another trade route or does the whole thing reset once he despawns?
That's a good question... I asked about that sort of thing... but get no response... maybe you have to ask on the "official" forum... where I don't go...

I wanted to know if I'm in the middle of a trade deal and go kill him and then finish it does that count as 1 or am I still at zero? Should I finish it or drop it ?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I was actually on a run when he spawned, thankfully I didn't die during my sad attempt to try to kill him so after he was gone I was able to turn it in...not sure how that works though!

I will ask over on uo.com and see if I get a response!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I was actually on a run when he spawned, thankfully I didn't die during my sad attempt to try to kill him so after he was gone I was able to turn it in...not sure how that works though!

I will ask over on uo.com and see if I get a response!
Thanks Larisa... it's a good question both of them...

Merth

Journeyman
And does the trade route count reset at server downtime? I was on a route last night killing snowy elemental and ice elementals (i think), server went down before i could turn in. Server came up, i turned in, accepted another and now im back on frost spiders and ooze???

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And does the trade route count reset at server downtime? I was on a route last night killing snowy elemental and ice elementals (i think), server went down before i could turn in. Server came up, i turned in, accepted another and now im back on frost spiders and ooze???
The two things you are talking about are unrelated.

The ones you do will stay counted until you kill Krampus. You can do one a day and kill him on the 4th day.

Last edited:

Merth

Journeyman
The two things you are talking about are unrelated.

The ones you do will stay counted until you kill Krampus. You can do one a day and kill him on the 4th day.
No you misunderstood me or I didnt word it well. I meant the counter to spawn Krampus not my personal counter.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Merth, The only counter you have is the number of completed trades. The level of the spawn is not based on your number of completed trades but a total of the entire shard. It is my understanding that Krampus spawns once a predetermined number of trades are done. (25 From what I have heard) if you miss him spawning it does not reset your completed trades. You will just have to wait until the total number has been reached again, or do more quests to help reach that number.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No you misunderstood me or I didnt word it well. I meant the counter to spawn Krampus not my personal counter.
Ya I have no idea about server up and the total count.

But thinking of this. If he spawns while I am on a route less than my third, I will hurry and turn that one in. Then go fight on another toon.

I should sit at the Trader until Krampus is dead and turn it in After. (if you approve of the guy just sitting there :)

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I tend to do all the Moonglow and Magincia trades if they are within my first three trades to qualify for a drop from Krampus.

I will continue to do them after as well, when it's not prime time and there aren't many people on the server. It beats sitting around, juggling the trade roulette to get a good package, and still even then, I seem to keep getting Moonglow and Magincia, if I cancel current trades so I just get them over with by getting them done.

It's actually quite relaxing. You set the boat to auto and play on your phone or go afk for a bit.