• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

kotl power cores

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been doing the regal boxes and have acquired quite a few of the Kotl Power cores. Besides being used in the new tinker pets what else are they used in? I am starting to run out of lockdowns so selling them is an option. Or are they worth anything for turn in points? ok no points I just checked

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kotl power cores are not used in Automation.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kotl power cores are not used in Automation.
to make the new tinker pet, yes they are. I have used them. The ones bought at moonglow are what is listed that you need but the ones from the regal chests can be used also.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My bad you are correct. I built one but forgot about the core.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man trying to figure all this new stuff out is confusing. I am trying to focus on the Kotl city stuff since the last I heard it was going to be shut off during the next update in mid Nov. I still havent tried the roof encounter or any of the other quest lines in Edon. I still have about 10 more hours of collecting the minor and turning them in to get all the items.
Some things that I noticed
  • The power cores have 2 different names but are interchangeable
  • The new tinker pet you have to have gm tinkering to bond with. But under the changes it states that the repair that you do is based on your tinker skill.
  • the heads for the new pets that are the drops say that they can be found in regal chests and off of the corpses of the ones in the Kotl city. I can say I have killed for hours and never gotten a head from a corpse. I have gotten several from the regal chest
  • The Regal chests only spawn on the right side area (6 locations). if there is more than one person there it is a long wait. Also if there is another person the chest that you find they can open and loot. I had this happen to me, it then became a free for all. Due on to others as they do on to me.

Now for some questions
Once I figure out the core useage for the thing in Kotl City do the drops come quicker?
Where do I find a Myridon slayer that will help.
Are there any stealables in this new dungeon area?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is an Eodon Slayer not sure if it works on Myridons. My Necro/Mystic/Mage works well on the Spawn. Drop a Rising Colossus or two Energy Vortex, and then use animate dead to create 3 clichés. Then use Wraith Form and Earth Quake or any AOE that you like. I have gotten 17 drops in an hour. Or use a Sampire and get 10 to 12 drops. This is in non-luck suits.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Less than 300 luck. Using RC and the occasional nether cyclone, I get 15-25 drops a trip.

Counter-intuitively, because the spawn rate increases with the number of participants, the more people at a Kotl, the more drops I get.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll take your recipes off your hands if you have any extras. My wimpy crafters would really appreciate that! Hehe