• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Kotl City Broke?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, i just went into the Kotl City, did the Switch/Lever puzzle to open up the locked room, went into the locked room, used the Wheel of Time, ran out, and the boulders were still blocking the eastern tunnel. I'm unable to proceed to start the event, which gets the 100% Energy Platinum/Crimson Drakes to spawn. Been wanting to tame one.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure but it may be unactive until halloween evens is over? Turnins are also in Ilshenar dungeon now.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm not sure never started the thing... no idea how that works.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's not active till Oct.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The 100% Energy Crimson/Platinum Drakes only spawn in the Kotl City, during the "Great Battle Simulation". I've seen people with them before on Atlantic, but when i went to go get one myself today, following this guide (Halloween – Treasures of the Kotl City – Ultima Online) to activate the spawn, double clicking the Wheel of Time did not remove the blue boulders that block entry to the electric barrier hallway, so i was unable to proceed further. I'm not after the Halloween Drops (that were turned off), but just want to get the Drakes to spawn so i can tame one.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kotl is not active now. We need wait until Sorcerers dungeon event is over on future.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Incorrect. You should be able to start the battle simulation at any time.
ahh just checked ja that there is no " turn in dude" hanging outside of Kotl. An thought that it is inactive. My bad. Sorry.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ahh just checked ja that there is no " turn in dude" hanging outside of Kotl. An thought that it is inactive. My bad. Sorry.
The ability to get the blue-hued drops has been off since last year, but the simulator still functions. It's the only way to get the energy drakes.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The ability to get the blue-hued drops has been off since last year, but the simulator still functions. It's the only way to get the energy drakes.
ohh.. is there way to get dr spector lences nowadays ( witout old kotl turins)?

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hah.. I have been way too long away. All seems to be different nowadays. (Did comebsck month ago).... and still lot to learn/ remember :)

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What exactly do the koltan items do

I missed that event

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What exactly do the koltan items do

I missed that event
They are upgraded versions of the Hat and Staff of the Magi (you need the original item to upgrade). The third recipe is for a Kotl Automaton, which is a marginally better golem.

You can also get a Blackrock Automaton head which is a dubiously more useful version of the regular automatons.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just did the Switch Puzzle and activated the Wheel of Time again, and once again it didn't remove the Boulders blocking the path forward. @Kyronix @Bleak The Kotl City appears to be broken on at least Atlantic.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just did the Switch Puzzle and activated the Wheel of Time again, and once again it didn't remove the Boulders blocking the path forward. @Kyronix @Bleak The Kotl City appears to be broken on at least Atlantic.
I think it is unactive... but some other people says it is active and can be started.. not sure now

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have seen a stable merchant on Atlantic with Energy Drakes, I think it's even labeled as such

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have seen a stable merchant on Atlantic with Energy Drakes, I think it's even labeled as such
Yeah, i eventually bought the highest STR/Health (to save Training Points) Energy Drake it had. Still, that means the Kotl City Great Battle Simulation (which spawns the Energy Drakes) was working at some point after the Taming Revamp hit.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone know if this is working again? And does anyone have any hints on how to do that blasted wheel of time puzzle? I'm not good at puzzles and that one drives me to distraction. Last time I tried it I gave up after 2 hours of total frustration. I would like to try to get the energy drakes.