• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Kingdom Reborn Interface fixes and Improvments

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello KR Players!

You see all my thread with the Crash Iusses and Problems and the general discussion of KR's future and devlopment. So this thread is open, because I am really carrying about KR, iam a KR player since the hour of beta and i want to make it better playable. Many things are broken especially in the UI, many of them are fixable, other must be fixed by dev team. I have worked hard the last days to get, for me, the most anoying things fixed.

So the question is, was I sucessfull?

Hmm I can say yes indeed.

Now the list of bugs considered:
- HotbarColor Bug, sometimes this dam hotbar colors like my items clicked on.
- Itemproperties of Players are not showing the right color (blue, red, grey)
- Tradewindow, the Tradewindow is **** you can not open containers in it, you can not scroll up an down, very bad!
- Map Window updates partymember location too slow
- Freeform Backpack Window is not shown when you relogin

And I get not all but some fixes to work now:
- Fix for the Tradewindow
- Fix for the Imtemproperties
- Fix for a bug not resizing items in the paperdoll

Iam working on:
- Hotbarfix
- Freeform fix

What is technicall not possible to fix?
- MapWindow updates

And here are the downloadlinks of the Fixes, hope many will try them out and write here there expierences with it:

Itemproperties
Paperdollfix
Tradewindowfix

All arhives must be extracted in your Userinterface/OWNINTERFACE/Source dierectory to work.

Another goodie for such with having downloadproblems of KR i have an alternative mirror for you.
REMOVED

RS Mirror
REMOVED

Another thing i am really like to discuss is, what do you think, should be considered to be fixed in the UI in the future?

And the last thing, working alone is everytime hard, I will be very happy to find ppl who are also knowing good in LUA scripting especially in KR Interface and want also make things are now wrong to work, please send me a pm to work together.

Special Thanks going to:
Pinco, who helps me out with special questions and for his wonderfull addon
Medusa, who test the scripts and were available

Seeyou ingame Lucitus!

L

Lilitu

I think it's really cool you spend time on KR to make these add-ons. I like KR and although it still has too many short comings in the interface to replace 2D, I am hopeful.
However, as a matter of principle I object to using unofficial fixes made by the community. I think it is the responsibility of the dev team to apply these necessary fixes to KR, and release them in official client patches. And I'm really looking forward to some substantial KR patches soon. :mad:

L

Loquacious Wrath

I think it's really cool you spend time on KR to make these add-ons. I like KR and although it still has too many short comings in the interface to replace 2D, I am hopeful.
However, as a matter of principle I object to using unofficial fixes made by the community. I think it is the responsibility of the dev team to apply these necessary fixes to KR, and release them in official client patches. And I'm really looking forward to some substantial KR patches soon. :mad:
I agree completely with you. Not that I am accusing anyone of anything but with all the hacking going on, I would not download anything unoffical.

L

Lilitu

My fix wish list:
  • Status-bars coloring like in 2D (blue for friendly, green for allies, red for hostile etc.)
  • Sticky status-bars.
  • Targetable character status bar (the one with your mini portrait and buffs).
  • Sticky hotbars.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Colored Statusbars are already scripted by pinco look here http://uoutility.ipbfree.com/index.php?showtopic=25.

To the topic of hacking, i can only give my word that in my scripts no hack is included. You can verify my scripts if you able to understand the lua code inside, if not you can wait until the devs are fixing it or you trust me.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

May I be so bold to suggest...

Bitter Black 2.5a

With the following:

Bitter_Black Updated Notes and Credits

Bitter Black Skin: credit to B-LAU

Changes and Additions:

1. Deleted Shopkeeper.xml file from original Bitter Black theme which makes NPC vendor menus work correctly.
Credit: Myself, Dermott of LS

2. Radar Map is now VISIBLE on login due to edit in Radarmap.lua.
Credit: athos_uo

3. Added Item Properties v1.5

- Added bold item names
- Added thousands separator in every cases (grid containers too)
- Added durability check: if the durability is under 10, the value will be orange, if is 0 become red.
- Added a weight check: if an item will bring you overloaded the weight value will be red.
- Added artifacts (with rarity only) and set title color.
Sets have an orange line for highlight the uncompleted sets and an purple line for highlight a full set.
- Changed the engrave string, now it will never show the "Engraved: " text but shows only the custom text in golden color.
Credit: Pinco

NOTE: Fixed word-wrap truncation within Pinco's files.
Credit: Sabbath

4. Added Pinco's update to Sarphus's Animal Lore Gump v1.2
Credit: Sarphus for original design, Pinco for updated design.

5. Added Pinco's Arcanist Target Window v 1.3
Credit: Pinco

6. Various XML/LUA tweaks as posted by Illandril/Gildar/Sahra Swift which include:
- A chat history coding fix
- Trade window Name Truncation
- A set of Context Menu tweaks
- A scale tweak to Equipment Data, might be of use on the paperdoll
- Fixed the scrollbar issues in the User Settings window
- Fixed locations of dye colors when accessing menus for special dye tubs
Credit: Illandril/Gildar/Sahra Swift

7. Tweaked Mobile Health Bars so that the Name appears on the top left just below the life bar and the Hits:XX% notation is a line lower right justified near the X to close. I also cenetered the X button on the spot provided on the gump.
Credit: Myself Dermott of LS

Additions to 2.5a

1. Added Commas to vendor prices as well as made the vendor price a gold color text string to help it stand out more. (Credit myself via suggestion from Flutter)

2. Fixed a number truncation due to the addition of commas in checks with Pub 52.

3. Added in commas and red text format to new Vendor Penalty line. (With some testing help from Fayled Dreams)

I will attest to the security of this package.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah nice fixes included especially the dyetube fix is nice. I think we can mix it ;).

L

Loquacious Wrath

Dermott. I tried Bitter Black and the very first thing I noticed and liked was the absence of strain on my eyes. The brown borders in KR put undue pressure on my vision. Thanks.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

All the graphics are B-Lau who did a great job on the UI. Since I started using it, I deceided to start throwing in all of Pinco's addons, then a few tweaks as I learned a little of how the xml code works, and before I knew it, I had a few people on the boards asking me to post the combo version (which I finally did).

Glad it's working out, but most of the credit goes to B-LAU for the graphics.

L

Lilitu

Thanks for the link Dermott, those are some very nice additions to KR.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm always wary of using these player created add ons. What happens when there's a patch? Do they all break? Do they ever cause KR to fail to patch?

L

Lilitu

That is on my mind as well. I dont think these add ons will cause KR to fail to patch though, since the add on files are in a seperate location of KR's own files. But I think the add ons could cause conflict if the devs add or change features. Such a conflict could be easily resolved by either removing the add-on from KR's files or disabling it in options.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Being that the devs are slow to fix our beloved KR, I have to try this UI. Sounds great.

While we're at it... hope you don't mind me listing these. DEVS, PLEASE READ.

My current issues- (squeeky wheel gets the oil):
1- When I open the bank box, it will add all regs, potions, food and all bandages on my toolbars & hotbars. Then it will cause my bandages not to work when I step away. I can avoid this by putting them in another container within the bank box, so that when I open bank box to put gold away, I don't get messed up.

2- Bushido icons stay red when activated and don't go out when expired or opposing spell is activated. Happens on all/any hotbars.

3- The invis potions and Greater confusion blast potions are being added up as one pot on the hotbars. 2 invis and 1 confusion will show three and three on the hotbars. My macro gets messed up and launches wrong ones.

4- Next Hostile (on the default Tab key), will bring up partie's EV's, Nature's Fury, & summons. Why?? Should be monsters only.

5- Very hard to grab lifebars off others or monsters because trees are in way (even with foliage off) and because EV's and summons are in the way. Can't even pull off of their names when using Show All Names.

6- Object handles are a mess.... a)They disappear while trying to get to the right one. b)I should be able to right-click to close (like 2d) since the blue X is a time waster. c)They are not positioned in an accurate spot close to the object sometimes (2d is more accurate). d)they show stuff on my floors above when I have 50 objects chosen rather than "all". It should show the 50 objects in my immediate area on same floor level (while in house), but it should show me stuff around me even if i'm standing on a spawn altar and there is gold 2 steps down or above me.

7- The colors changing on paperdoll & hotbar when opening a container. (as mentioned before)

8- It's impossible to place objects on the ground or drag items onto a person. I do better if I drag item and stick it to cursor by clicking on black desktop area first. Also items will go in a totally wrong spot than where I click. Also happens for EV's and nature fury..... I point to a spot and it launches it in a totally far away spot (not often, tho).

9- Mouse buttons are not binding to macros. Need mouse center wheel BUTTON, wheel scrolls, wheel tilt, & both thumb buttons to be macro bondable in all ways possible. Seven buttons plus scroll up & down = 9 mouse features. My mouse is the Logitech MX400.

10- Sluggish keyboard & mouse response. Keys not being recognized and I have to keep hitting same button 2-3-4 times to get the macro off. Also..... running while using a macro will prevent the macro from going off. Example, holding the mouse button to flee, and trying to hit a heal pot or bandie or remove curse. Heal pot is ALT-Q, bandie is ALT-Z, remove curse is F12. Seems the mouse button is preventing some keys from working. Logitech MX400 (latest Vista 64bit drivers).

11-Ninja animal form freezes everything for 3-9 seconds going from animal back to human.

12- A & S keys are supposed to cycle through friendly NPC's or people but doesn't work. It used to. I don't have them binded.... they are the default setting.

13- Last target isn't working right. If I have honor target cursor on screen, and I try to "last target", It won't work. Says can't do that. Can't even macro honor current target on a hotbar. Works in 2d.

14- Tracking skill not showing animals or monsters on menu. All it shows is a dot that's clickable, and no words.

15- Bulletin board are not readable, books can't be read by 2D users. Can only see the first page on a bulletin board, and not the other pages in KR. Books are bugged because I write things in a locked down book in a friend's house and she can't see anything I write cause she's using 2D?!

16- BOD books show me garbage when trying to view them while they are on a vendor. I can't read anything inside the BODs. Menu is showing crunched up text. I have to remove the book from vendor to see the deeds inside.

17- Dawn's Music Box not playing some songs. I forgot which ones don't make a sound, but Devs can figure it out easily. Wanderer & Serpent's Hold Theme (Stones alternative) will only play regular Stones song. Therefore, what use is Wanderer to me?

18- TeamSpeak (and rarely ICQ) will cause the screen to go from windowed mode to fullscreen mode when I hit enter to chat in KR. It's like I hit the option to fullscreen (when I did not). TS and ICQ are in background. Happens most often when TS is on though. Rarely with ICQ only. ICQ will sometimes cause this if i have a conversation sitting in the background. It's a weird thing and hard to explain. I notice the keys will not respond in KR at certain time, and then I know the screen will do this flipping.

These above issues are repeatable. Any dev can login and get an immediate assesment. If these get fixed, It would make KR perfect for me (and others). Just Perfect!

I implore the Devs to fix these.... Please!

My system is HP dv9700 Vista 64bit. Logitech MX400 mouse. Video Nvidia 8600M gts. I really think the issues are not system specific but rather KR programing. I use Windowed mode with flexible desktop options.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hildebrand are you dreaming? The Devs are busy to fix Server Side Iussues, am what have they fixed the last two patches? Ahh ghostwalking throw faction strongholds and dungeons, ahh and the alliance own invition bug.

So you can wait until you are old and grey to get these fixed by the devs, muha :stir:.

A

Ash

11-Ninja animal form freezes everything for 3-9 seconds going from animal back to human.
Can't tell you how many times this has gotten me killed. Now while I don't have a fix, at least for me i have found out how to prevent it. Seems this only happened when i leave the paperdoll window up, if I close it before coming out of animal form it doesn't skip a beat. I prefer to leave it up though mainly to tell if I get disarmed, but when I run without it open I don't notice any issues coming out of animal form (except the annoying thing that my character appears to have walking animation when standing still had to turn footstep sound off because of it)

A

Alrich

16- BOD books show me garbage when trying to view them while they are on a vendor. I can't read anything inside the BODs. Menu is showing crunched up text. I have to remove the book from vendor to see the deeds inside.
This happens when there is a BOD or 2 on a vendor BOD book that isn't priced.

Fairly annoying though because say you got a book with 300 in it, and you missed pricing ONE bod, then try filtering and that one is in your filter selection, it'll bork the whole book until the filter can be reset :-/

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm always wary of using these player created add ons. What happens when there's a patch? Do they all break? Do they ever cause KR to fail to patch?
Anything that doesn't change any existing file within the KR directory will not cause KR to fail to patch (except, maybe, if you add a file with the same name as a file that EA decides to add later... though this will never happen if every file you add is in a folder within the custom UI directory unless EA goes crazy).

Every so often, a change in KR will break a custom UI, and changes will be necessary, but you can always just switch back to the default UI if something gets broken from a patch.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
One thing that I personally would like is the ability to change the default hotkeys from "1-0,-,=" to F1-F12. I personally find little use for the built-in functionality of the F-keys in the KR client, and only had macros in 2D (a mix of client and UOA) on the F-keys and the insert(etc.) block of 6 keys.

On the other hand, I DO use legacy chat, and having special moves and any spells toggle/trigger when I need to type numbers AS numbers is annoying as hell.

A

Ash

One thing that I personally would like is the ability to change the default hotkeys from "1-0,-,=" to F1-F12. I personally find little use for the built-in functionality of the F-keys in the KR client, and only had macros in 2D (a mix of client and UOA) on the F-keys and the insert(etc.) block of 6 keys.

On the other hand, I DO use legacy chat, and having special moves and any spells toggle/trigger when I need to type numbers AS numbers is annoying as hell.
You can change this in User Settings, go to the Bindings tab. For the F1-F12 keys I set them to nothing by telling it to assign key then press Esc. I was then free to change the hotbar keys to the F-keys.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've tried changing the bindings for the automatic bar at the bottom - and they always rest to the number keys on my next restart of KR.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Petra: Only when a patch changes the contents of a UI file does the UI itself "break" (cases in point, changes to the NPC vendor interface and commas added to checks caused those specific parts of the custom UI to "break"), and then only the affected parts.

I've never seen a UI enhancement make KR unable to be patched.

Thirdly, since a UI change DOES cause specific elements of the UI to "break", the creator (or someone willing) must be certain to update the UI to make the changed portion functional again. It's a bit of a pain, but it comes with the terrirtory. So far, the two main changes in the regard that I've had to do was to simply remove conflicting portions of code from the files or remove the file from the UI folder and force it to use the default file.

If there is an issue with the UI in question, just contact the creator/custodian of the UI for an update.

As for the currently availible UIs, I can personally vouch for everything on the UOSkins site as I have at least tried them all and they are clean from any malware. I believe this has a LOT to do with the fact that 1. KR isn't as popular as say WoW and thus has a limited appeal to hackers, and 2. The currently availible UI Mods are done by well known UO players/posters, most of whom have been active posters on STratics and the KR Forum specifically.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't tell you how many times this has gotten me killed. Now while I don't have a fix, at least for me i have found out how to prevent it. Seems this only happened when i leave the paperdoll window up, if I close it before coming out of animal form it doesn't skip a beat. I prefer to leave it up though mainly to tell if I get disarmed, but when I run without it open I don't notice any issues coming out of animal form (except the annoying thing that my character appears to have walking animation when standing still had to turn footstep sound off because of it)
That's what I do... keep the paper doll open! I shall try your suggestion, but this will surely get someone killed if left.

I dare to dream. I want everyone to have a good UO experience.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've tried changing the bindings for the automatic bar at the bottom - and they always rest to the number keys on my next restart of KR.
Shouldn't do if they are 'applied' plus you need to change the 'assigned keys' already set to the bottom bar. Try this:

go to user settings/bindings

click on each existing binding that you don't want and press 'esc' to clear them

hit 'apply' and then 'ok' . Then go to your bottom bar if that is where you want the F1-12 keys, right click on each box and select 'assign hotkey' and press F1 in the first box, F2 the second etc etc if that is what you want on them, if not just right click each box, select assign hotkey and press 'esc'. I would then log out and close the client and then restart to ensure the changes are saved.

I tend to assign anything I want on a hotkey in the macro created box in macro's rather than directly on the hotbar boxes themselves, that way if I want another char to have the same macros I can just do a template copy and it will transfer over all desktop settings and macros/key assignments etc. See: Creating KR Desktop Templates - stratics I actually have a base template now that includes all spells for mage, spellweaving, chiv etc already set up as macros, all my normal desktop settings/preferences, all my hotbars for house, pet, bank, emote commands which when I create a new char I just instantly use, and delete from the macro box anything that char won't be using. Basically it means I can create a char, log it out, copy the template file over and I am good to go with all spells, macros', key assignments, etc as I like them.

Let us know if that doesn't work :)

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow!! I downloaded KR again after removing it just before our RL move. This time I did it from the download sites. And wow what a difference a few months make. My only complaints and maybe you guys can help me here. Everytime I die I lose my macros til i relog. And is there anyway to make the speach bigger? I r teh blind!!

Ori

PS Spellweave is a HUGE asset, thanks much for doing it!!

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Glad its working out.

1. When you make a batch of macros, go ahead and log out and maybe even close the client before starting to do something, then log back in. This should save them. If they are item dependant, the macro may be unavailible until you regain or replace the exact item. Stacks are a bit more forgiving in this nature (i.e. bandages).

2. In User Settings, there is an option to scale the interface within a certain range.

Give yourself some time with each user interface item to learn, adjust, set up and tweak. You really have to treat KR as though it's a new game with a familiar setting. A lot of people expect to hit the ground running and then get frustrated when things don't act the same way they once did. You have to walk before you run and Spellweave will help a lot.

When you're ready to go further, the player created UI mods will take the game even further in terms of user interface abilities.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I figured out my macro trouble!! But the speech size I'm still looking for. I'll get there though.

Oh and I really like the bitter black UI, makes things much easier to see

Ori

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't tell you how many times this has gotten me killed. Now while I don't have a fix, at least for me i have found out how to prevent it. Seems this only happened when i leave the paperdoll window up, if I close it before coming out of animal form it doesn't skip a beat.
So this you see, is the thing I need to make it automatically for you. I dont play a ninja so i dont know the problem. But I think this is a problem that I can fix. I will see what i can do for you.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I figured out my macro trouble!! But the speech size I'm still looking for. I'll get there though.

Oh and I really like the bitter black UI, makes things much easier to see

Ori
Ori - if you don't get another modder to give you bigger speech text by Friday night, send me an e-mail or an IM.

A

Ash

As Dermot pointed out need to use the log off, not Exit Game, choice from menu, apparently some bug if you exit game before logging off it doesn't save any of the changes you did (same goes if you crash before logging off).

A

Ash

So this you see, is the thing I need to make it automatically for you. I dont play a ninja so i dont know the problem. But I think this is a problem that I can fix. I will see what i can do for you.
You fix that and you be my personal hero, currently being lazy and just taking my char fishing to relax. Haven't looked at the paperdoll gump to see if it is fixable in the UI or if it is something in the game code that is broken, but if you can fix it my ninja can quit using that as an excuse for his death robe collection. :lol:

A

altarego

You fix that and you be my personal hero, currently being lazy and just taking my char fishing to relax. Haven't looked at the paperdoll gump to see if it is fixable in the UI or if it is something in the game code that is broken, but if you can fix it my ninja can quit using that as an excuse for his death robe collection. :lol:
The problem is that the character hue changes during animal form, and when you exit animal form, it tries to reload the entire paperdoll. This includes "reloading" every bit of equipment you are currently wearing. So, you can either keep the paperdoll closed or, alternatively, take off all of your clothes before turning back into human/elf.

But if you can fix this, you can add me to the hero list!

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In order to not lose your newly made macros, you don't have to log off. You only need to open the Options screen and hit "apply". This will save any macros, hotbars, key bindings, etc that you just made.

This works for sure.

J

Joyous2K

I move that Dermott be hired by EA as UOKR commissar. EA Stinks, doesn't even know how an interface should look! Dermott is the best!

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Heh, if I could take the credit for BB, I would. All I've done is put the parts together and tweaked things that I learned how (my current coding skills are minimal at best and those that are better than minimal are outdted and relatively unused).

I've just made a habit of stuffing as many of the little UI tweaks that have been uploaded into the UI that I used (which has varied and then settled on Bitter Black by B-LAU who gets all of the skin credit IMO), when I posted what all I had thrown in on another board, I was repeatedly requested to upload the compilation and thus started the updates to Bitter Black.

I'll keep updating Bitter Black as I find new ideas I can tweak or people upload new tweaks (like Ash's SonomaUI), but I don't really need another job... my current one has kept me busy enough lately!

J

Joyous2K

Yeah but you solve all the problems too. You will be KR Kommisar!!

A

altarego

Has anyone figured out a fix/workaround for the keybindings for the character paperdoll and/or backpack?

B

Belmarduk

People is there any point in this thread ? :(
We had a really good thread called the wishlist - and the devs just ignored it :(

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People is there any point in this thread ? :(
We had a really good thread called the wishlist - and the devs just ignored it :(
*points to the fixes people have already provided each other in the thread*
Not all problems require dev intervention to fix.

A

Ash

Added a fix to the crafting menu to make 'Make Max' actually work so it doesn't stop on a failure but will continue till out of resources or tool breaks (caution no way to stop it once started). Don't ask me to fix 'Make Num' though my head hurts from trying last night. :wall:

Also added a fix to the User Way Point so can properly create a manual waypoint entering in sextant coordinates.

Included chat manager fix to allow Shift-Up/Down to scroll between last 10 things typed.

B

Belmarduk

Yes I find it sad that while commited players try to help other players with KR-fixes/workarounds, the devs do.......nothing.....

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Crysta said it in another thread. They've given the answer to the KR question, but unfortunately, the answer was placed somewhere where the people who saw it can't say anything.

I wish they'd make the answer public though, as it would at least give a little understanding to what's going on.

As for right now, I've been surprised at the fixes that a couple of people have been able to produce for KR through player modded UIs.

While I wouldn't say that it absolves the devs from working on KR, it definitely helps the usability of KR to have these fixes (not to mention is a testament to the functionality of KR that we the players can mod them in).

I still anxiously await a true KR Patchurday, but for now I'm happy to find new tweaks and addons for the UI I use and update for others to use.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The way I stop making max, on an item is to lift that resource, and then it says that there are no (iron ingots), for example. It stops the creation.

I forgot to dl the UOSkins again....doh!

Ninja animal form does work fine if my paperdoll is closed..... nice! But what a pain :(

Yet another patch with no KR fixes. *sigh*

H

Heskey

I want to play KR so bad for the new graphics and effects, but the new interface and clunky menus make it difficult to play as a client.

Ignoring the compression due to JPEG format; here's some screenshots for eye-candy I took while on patrols with The Baronship of Cove (RP Guild on Europa):

and

B

Belmarduk

Yet another patch with no KR fixes. *sigh*
Only a client-patch would fixes client issues - Something we have been waiting for since November......
Well personally I dont think there will be one (a proper one !) in the next 41 days... As I have allready paid for these 41 days I will keep the account active for that time and not close immediantley...
I am not giving EA a cent damn them...

Ps.: Thx for posting those screenshots Heskey
There one can see what KR COULD be like if they worked on it instead of giving up prematuredley.....
Sad and Stupid.... What a waste...

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These "fixes" are unnapproved scripts and should not be shared at this site. It's the same thing as people posting links to scripting sited/downloads...la

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These "fixes" are unnapproved scripts and should not be shared at this site. It's the same thing as people posting links to scripting sited/downloads...la
Why do you think that? The Dev team gave us the ability to customize the UI within the constraints of the LUA scripts we have access to. We are not given this freedom with the 2d client, so making changes to the KR client like this is legit.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Incorrect. The changes to KR's UI ARE approved. KR's UI was created to be tweaked as the players saw fit and was opened and approved for such BY THE DEV TEAM THEMSELVES: Link to News Post

KR Custom UI, part 1
Jeremy Dalberg
17 Aug 2007 15:40:45 EST
With the latest KR patch, we've added the ability to customize your interface. Below the jump are some basic instructions on how to go about it - we'll be providing more details and examples over the next few weeks, but if you're comfortable playing with XML, go for it!

Getting Started

1. Locate the UserInterface folder. It will be in the install directory for UO Kingdom Reborn.
2. Extract Default.zip to the UserInterface folder. This archive contains the source layouts and artwork that you will be modifying.
3. Make sure that the extraction process created a Default folder under UserInterface
4. Create a new folder under UserInterface with the name that you want to use for your Custom UI.
5. At this point you can begin copying files over from the Default folder and making modifications to them. (Make sure you maintain the same directory structure)

General Notes

* The zip file in the UserInterface folder contains the default layouts and textures used in UOKR. By modifying these files you will be able to customize the look of the UOKR interface.
* If you are running Vista you will need to be logged in as administrator in order to manipulate files in the install directory.
* Script files can not be edited. This means that you will only be able to change the layout of existing windows. You will not be able to change any functionality or add new windows to the game. Don't change or remove any script includes or the interface will not function properly.
* You only need to put the files you have actually modified in the custom UI folder. Any file that does not exist in your custom UI folder will be pulled from the default UI built into the game.

XML Editing

* Make sure your event handlers match the ones in the default UI.
* If you remove an element that is referenced in a script, it may cause the script to break. The safest thing to do is remove the texture from the element or have its position set so that it is off the screen.
* CoreWindowTemplates.xml and UO_Default_UI_Templates.xml contain the majority of the templates used across the UI. Making changes to these templates will affect multiple windows across the interface.
* UO_DefaultWindow is the template that is used for the standard windows in the game. Altering this template will change the look of all windows that contain a titlebar and a close button.
* You can reload the XML definitions while the game is running by switching back and forth between the Default UI and your custom UI in the user settings screen.

Texture Editing

* Our interface textures are in DXT (.dds) format. The following link has downloads for DXT tools and photoshop plugins: http://developer.nvidia.com/object/nv_texture_tools.html
* Make sure you save your textures in DXT3 format
* You can add new textures by adding them to the Textures.xml file found in the Textures folder.
* Some textures are referenced by more than one template or window. Instead of modifying them in place, its best to put your customized art in a new texture and modify the xml to point to the new location.
* The game must be restarted to see changes made to the textures.

UI enhancement in KR is APPROVED... "la" on that.

Edit: Adding in the later Patch that includes:

KR Client vers. 2.48.0.3
Jeremy Dalberg
20 Nov 2007 18:13:22 EST

At 3:15PM PST (11:15PM GMT) on Tuesday, November 20, the Kingdom Reborn client will be updated to version 2.48.0.3. Notes after the jump:

New Features:

o Legacy Art Mode - enable this in Options: User Settings: Graphics, then restart the client to enable

o Fully Moddable UI -

A

Ash

You may have an argument IF these 'fixes' added functionality that wasn't available to 2D or corrected functionality that the devs intended that didn't work correctly. However as 2 above point out we were not only given ability but the file contains detailed instructions including how to add brand new gumps.

Like I said, I could only see your point if someone was adding functionality not available to 2D or not intended by the devs, but so far that isn't the case nor do I for see it to be.