• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Kill Points vs Rank

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I have been all over here and a couple other UO sites and still cannot find a clear description of how this works. Is it just a 1 to 1 ratio: 10 Kill Points will make me Rank 10? If not how many kill points are needed to reach rank 10 so I can use all of the arties.

And at what point in the day does this recalculation take place. Is it at server-up?

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I have been all over here and a couple other UO sites and still cannot find a clear description of how this works. Is it just a 1 to 1 ratio: 10 Kill Points will make me Rank 10? If not how many kill points are needed to reach rank 10 so I can use all of the arties.

And at what point in the day does this recalculation take place. Is it at server-up?
No.

It depends how populated your faction is and how many people have points.

The top x people in kill points are rank 10.. the next x people are rank 9... the next x people are rank 8..

But the system is broke.. Some shards you only need 1 point to be rank 10.. some you need 30.. I think atlantic you needed like 200 or something in Minax to be rank 10.

What shard are you?
What faction are you?
Is there a lot of people in your faction?
Is there a lot of people in your faction with more points?

Sometimes the number is high because point farmers...

Not much you can do when the system is broke.. Just start with 1.. see if that gets you rank 10...

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good to know, thank you. One more question... How long do I have to wait between killing the same person in order to still get points?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good to know, thank you. One more question... How long do I have to wait between killing the same person in order to still get points?
Translated: Please explain to me how I can farm characters on my alternate accounts so that I can increase my kill points high enough to be rank 10 and contribute to the problem instead of playing the system as intended.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Translated: Please explain to me how I can farm characters on my alternate accounts so that I can increase my kill points high enough to be rank 10 and contribute to the problem instead of playing the system as intended.
Ahhh, is that how you translate it into "Trollish". Ty. It must be nice to be so fluent.

The way I see it is that factions are pretty complicated and there is an amazing lack of well organized and accurate information in this game. Stratics does a lot to help, but it is not complete. So while I would like to get to lvl 10 and wear the pieces I need so I can get out there and start PvPing in factions, I am stuck here sifting through troll droppings.

It would seem to me that YOU are the one contributing to the problem Lynk. If you guys want some more people in factions how about you help them out and answer a simple question instead of pissing and whining because you might soon have another person to contend with.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahhh, is that how you translate it into "Trollish". Ty. It must be nice to be so fluent.

The way I see it is that factions are pretty complicated and there is an amazing lack of well organized and accurate information in this game. Stratics does a lot to help, but it is not complete. So while I would like to get to lvl 10 and wear the pieces I need so I can get out there and start PvPing in factions, I am stuck here sifting through troll droppings.

It would seem to me that YOU are the one contributing to the problem Lynk. If you guys want some more people in factions how about you help them out and answer a simple question instead of pissing and whining because you might soon have another person to contend with.
I think the information is quite readily available. In fact, I'm willing to bet you didn't even look.

To prove my point, i went to the search function and typed in "kill player kill point" and limited my search to the Factions forum.

http://vboards.stratics.com/search.php?searchid=2809792

There was several results, including this thread:

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=154384&highlight=kill+player+kill+points

That thread answers your question and tells you exactly what you need to know to continue your quest to get rank 10.

Please tell me that you play on Chessy, Catskills, Baja, or Great Lakes so I can take this pissing match in game.

In summary - quit being a lazy ass and use the ****ing search function.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But the system is broke.. Some shards you only need 1 point to be rank 10.. some you need 30.. I think atlantic you needed like 200 or something in Minax to be rank 10.
The system isn't broken. If 99% of people in your faction have 0 or lower points, then you will have rank 10 at just 1 point. On Atlantic it is getting closer to 300 points for rank 10 in Minax because many people are over 300.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The system isn't broken. If 99% of people in your faction have 0 or lower points, then you will have rank 10 at just 1 point. On Atlantic it is getting closer to 300 points for rank 10 in Minax because many people are over 300.
Plz argue with me more ass.

The total number of people in the factions determines to total number of rank 10s. The total number of people unfortunately takes into consideration the dead/inactive accounts that had characters left in factions.. So the the number of rank 10s is skewed... The system is broken. Dont argue stupid ****... **** sake.. You need 300 on ATL because most of the people farm points and points are inflated..

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The system works exactly as described. Maybe inactive accounts effect the rankings but they don't harm it enough to prevent people who want to get rank 10 from achieving it.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The system works exactly as described. Maybe inactive accounts effect the rankings but they don't harm it enough to prevent people who want to get rank 10 from achieving it.
Meaning they dont prevent anyone from point farming...

Im pretty sure even these devs didn't intend for point farming to be the main way of 'achieving' rank 10.

:bs:

V

Vyal

You need 90k points for rank ten SL on Legends :/

Good thing I have over 500 thousand ;)

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Plz argue with me more ass.

The total number of people in the factions determines to total number of rank 10s. The total number of people unfortunately takes into consideration the dead/inactive accounts that had characters left in factions.. So the the number of rank 10s is skewed... The system is broken. Dont argue stupid ****... **** sake.. You need 300 on ATL because most of the people farm points and points are inflated..
300 is inflated? That sounds about right honestly. You don't need to farm points to break 300. Most atl players in CoW/Lub alliance broke that when all were guilded because we won most fights and nobody farmed them.

On legends we have mostly over 30k points because sl and tb farm points.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
300 is inflated? That sounds about right honestly. You don't need to farm points to break 300. Most atl players in CoW/Lub alliance broke that when all were guilded because we won most fights and nobody farmed them.

On legends we have mostly over 30k points because sl and tb farm points.
300 points is not a lot right now... You get about 70 to 150 points per kill on GL atm.. The point system is inflated... There is too many points being rewarded and not enough decay.. The point system worked better (still broke mind you) before they added the multiplier bonuses that cause the inflation..

I never said 300 points was inflated.. The fact that you need 300 points shows that the points are inflated.. The fact that most people farm points and leave the points on their point *****s means the points aren't being circulated,, they are being horded... The system is ****ed.. Plane and simple.

You need 90k points for rank ten SL on Legends :/

Good thing I have over 500 thousand ;)
^^^^This is what inflation does.. Points mean nothing.. The whole fight for rank is who farms more points..

Bottom line is points have to go back the way they were for points to mean anything. It makes farming A LOT harder.. Still possible? absolutely,, but you would never see these numbers as high as they are now with the old system.. It takes a lot of fun out of the factions.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Since there is no population cap and there is just an insane amount of point farming in the millions of points because of the double kill bonus etc leaves the ranking system pretty much ****ed. I wouldn't say being required to have hundreds or thousands of points for rank 10 should be the norm.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since there is no population cap and there is just an insane amount of point farming in the millions of points because of the double kill bonus etc leaves the ranking system pretty much ****ed. I wouldn't say being required to have hundreds or thousands of points for rank 10 should be the norm.
The millions of points are a result of the ridiculous 3x point bonuses. If they remove those then the point system would actually be able to function properly. Someone with a lot of points used to be around 100.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The millions of points are a result of the ridiculous 3x point bonuses. If they remove those then the point system would actually be able to function properly. Someone with a lot of points used to be around 100.
Its all the point multiplier bonuses the x2 and x3. The only change to the point system that they is arguably fair is the thief points but, go ****ing figure, that doesnt work...... 10 points is also a bit too high.. I'd lower that.

and yeah. remove point transfers...