• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Khaldun Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nirces

Who wants to help me unlock the secerts of this new place.

So far i've just worked out one teleporter destination and one switch, This weekend a group of us should try to find each switch and secert door and which teleporters do what etc on a UOAM map. anyone up for it?

Proud citizen of Europa
Europa Ore Map

Don't argue with Idiots, they bring you down to their level then beat you with experince.

J

Jack_Of_Lumber

Count me in

I had a good rumage round there when it was on test (first person in there I might add /forum_images/uo/icons/biggrin.gif), and im too scared to take my own characters there on their own /forum_images/uo/icons/wink.gif

Could also have a hunt for the other books as well, I have journal entries upto day 14 I think, still 10 more days to find and its a really good story

<center><a href="http://server38.hypermart.net/europaguilds/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi" target="_blank">Click to visit
</a></center>

S

Smolf

i will look forward to it.
UOAM screenshots would be nice.

i can't join the exploration.

:-(
i would like to even though its in felluca

Smolf__|/\/\/\/|___&lt;^&gt;___|_Proud member of OEH
Poem for hire and for fun.__|_Often on the run :)
4xgm worrior______&lt;^&gt;___|_fenc, tac, parry, ana
healer by nature___&lt;^&gt;___|_slayer of the creature
Be Happy!________&lt;^&gt;___|_:)

A

Asriel

Hmm, depends if my mage is trained up by then, need more str.

<center>/forum_images/uo/icons/spiny.gif<font color=blue>[Apprentice slacker of, F.A.C.T]</font color=blue>/forum_images/uo/icons/spiny.gif</center>
Nobby and Sylis-Wimpy thief and tree huggin hippy respectively.

<font color=green>Aragon of Enden, of Adellion.</font color=green>

M

Marcus Lask

I would love too, but wont be around till very late saturday night.

Marcus

K

KingBlitz

i'd like to meet up with somebody soon

when i will fail a provoke these babies will eat my liver /forum_images/uo/icons/biggrin.gif

<font color=red> King Blitz, Wizard Extraordinaire </font color=red>
<font color=blue> Minsc, Hally-basher and fisherman </font color=blue>
<font color=green> Vizhac, Big Mage, Small Tamer </font color=green>
Meliah, Ghost moonlighting as Bard
<font color=orange> Stonhac, Trammelite smith </font color=orange>

N

Nirces

Currently in the teleporters room, with the statue of the tentcales, with 3 grey scrolls next to it, which can be used from any distance and bring up a targeting cursor, anyone know what these do, each time i click on the statue i'm i doing something with it?

Proud citizen of Europa
Europa Ore Map

Don't argue with Idiots, they bring you down to their level then beat you with experince.

J

Jack_Of_Lumber

hehe spectral armor, I remember when I reported back to say that there was a new type of magic armor /forum_images/uo/icons/biggrin.gif soon found out how wrong I was when I managed to stay alive long enough to find one, yikes its killing me

<center><a href="http://server38.hypermart.net/europaguilds/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi" target="_blank">Click to visit
</a></center>

M

Marcus Lask

I might have a quick look later tonight, at around 12-1am.
Drakesan fancy having a look??

Marcus

N

Nirces

hmmm the teleporter right above the scrolls/tentacles statue teleports you directly to the Tentacles... wonder if the scrolls affects the tentacles power in any way - requires 2 people to check this out..

Proud citizen of Europa
Europa Ore Map

N

Nirces

Found two hidden places so far, neither of whichi know ho to get into... Does anyone know where the hidden lever is?

Proud citizen of Europa
Europa Ore Map

H

Helstar

Yes the hidden lever is right underneath the room with the black hole on the floor... If you left click on the black hole you will be teleported to another small secret area of the dungeon which has a mastermindgame chest in it :)

(Just run through the south wall if nothing was there... the secret corridor is about 5-6 tiles long ending in a small cove with a hidden switch :)

J

Jack_Of_Lumber

ok found the first secret room after clicking on the hole in the floor, how do you get to the second?

</a></center>

N

Nirces

I hei heard there is a hidden lever that moves the rock that allows you into the second room, i'm in the first now...

Proud citizen of Europa
Europa Ore Map

M

mUTANT

Well, belive I found all secrets allready at the test stage... dosn't seem to be a level 2 even tho 3454354 switches (did spend a few hours there today). Oh well came out with 200 more regs of each then I walked in with and 2 green armors.

Should have a guide how to survive there instead :p

Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

N

Nirces

here is what i have so far:

Red are puzzle boxes

Blue is walls

Green is teleporters

yellow is hidden door

Coffin is raised by d.clicking the statue in front of it (does this do anything else)

D.clicking on the pit will take you to statue room

clicking the statue in there seems to do nothing

in teleporter room, grey scrolls are usable, statue of harrower is there (do scrolls affect harrower - maybe make it easier to kill?)

puzzle boxes is basically a master mind game, each wrong coninbation = random spell - DP,lighting,arrow,FS i got so far.

Proud citizen of Europa
Europa Ore Map

I

imported_Ashe

you can take the green armours etc?

<center><font color=blue>The Evil Lady Jessica Grimm, Guildmistress of j00, professional looters of stupid people.

average few minutes in j00...

PS dex isnt a skill.
</center>

N

Nirces

I think he means off players? Don't think you can take stuff off those red players...

Proud citizen of Europa
Europa Ore Map

I

imported_Ashe

surely green armour is ranger armour though? and im sure mUTANT knows what that is and would be quite pelased withhimslef as its worth a ton now..i aw one part go for 40k on UO:A..one part!

<center><font color=blue>The Evil Lady Jessica Grimm, Guildmistress of j00, professional looters of stupid people.

average few minutes in j00...

PS dex isnt a skill.
</center>

H

Helstar

Hi there,

Nice map of the dungeon Nirces... Only thing missing is the secret switch... If you are at the room with the Brazier (ubderneath T1 room) you can walk THROUGH the wall down the south through a small corridor until you reach a small alcove. The switch is to the left. If you turn the swith (you hear a grinding noise) then walk throught the black pit (T1) then the secret entrance at H1 opens up :)

F

Fubar McNailz

Nice map. Top work, Well done.
Argh clinet crashed last night on my visit there and it took about 15 minutes to complete the crash........ when I returned I was grey and not even bones where there for a whole thirty seconds.
Damn cant get a rez inside and doesnt seem to be any wandering healers in the close vacinity.

Im not going back myself, this dunegon rocks but I really wish the poeple standing at the door outside woudl rez. Eventually "le simon grande" (I think that was his name) followed me out and rezzed me then kindly provided a gate to pap.

Awesome. ace dunegon anybody who hasnt been and I dont think there can be many now, GO enjoy it.
Was funny to see PK's and they new NPC Red's. had to double check teh names and keep looking over shoulders, although the real reds seemed to just be adventuring the same as everybody else.

Dont go alone !

GO OSI. This place rocks !

<center>Thanks in advance for reading this message I am sorry from the depths of my heart if you feel I have disagreed with you or hurt your feelings in anyway
</center>

J

Jack_Of_Lumber

One thing I noticed last night, people were saying that the chests were unpick able. I think this is because they can all be opened through the puzzle which will be active on a couple of chests at a time, once the chests have been open the puzzle moves to a different chest, this would explain why a couple of the puzzle boxes on the map were locked last night. Just an observation could be wrong here

</a></center>

N

Nirces

Nope its a bug, ALL chests everywhere are unpickable - another OSI cockup, i wonder if there is anything in any of the chests to reveal scerets.

The Puzzle chests (not all red) can be opened, they are master mind games with 2 clues (your given the first one and a colour to start with) once opened get a few gems (about 10) and a couple of magic items, all i ID'd was a jester hat of nighteyes, some said they got a yellow bag with 50 of each reg in, wonder if the amount of amepts on a box determines its contents.

One thing to note, after using the scrolls on the statue and going straight to the harrow - it didn't drain any health off me for about 30seconds... can someone confirm this?

If i can be bothered, on the weekend i will turn this map into a proper map (like walls that look like walls) you should be able to copy it into the UOAM maps if you wish aswell.

Proud citizen of Europa
Europa Ore Map

M

Marcus Lask

My Visit to Khaldun.
I went,I entered and died. this happed a few times due to a large amount of monster cambing just inside the entrance.
So I come up with a few common sence tips, to prolong life.

only take what you don't mind loseing.
Take a horse, Dont go in on foot.
Make sure you have a newbie Rune book (w/Charges) with dungeon rune and a town rune.
When you first enter get away from the entrance as fast as possable, don't hung around there, space is the key.
If you do die and nobody is outside to res, use the i'm stuck option to get you to a town.
if possable have a spare horse alreaded stabled.
when you do die, don't just rush straght back in there, try and requip yourself a bit.

I hope this helps

Marcus

N

Nirces

I went in there with Nothing, except a rune book with charges.

Course i'm a master hider/slealther so i can walk around the place in safely, still died a few times thou - on them damn puzzle boxes

Proud citizen of Europa
Europa Ore Map

M

Marcus Lask

good work by the way :)

i will have a better look tonight.

Marcus

K

Kungen73

Have they fixed the bug in khaldun yet?
Cant get more specified since they will lock this thread if I do.

8 x 8 - THE lamest thing ever invented by Origin.
Ooops we did it again.
- O$I

N

Nirces

I have no idea, I would be surpised if they did the next UO event in there like in trinsic, theres too much un-explained crap, prehaps a quest :)

Proud citizen of Europa
Europa Ore Map

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Erm?

*coughs*

Yas, fabulous work Nicres, but frankly a visit to a dungeon should be an adventure not a fecking pre-planned all expenses paid excursion. Yer'd think it was Disneyland, G-esus.

Me & Wendela conquered everything but the Tentacles of the Harrower, which is quite obviously undefeatable, and least by two anyhoo.

Vote Kas!

<center><font color=blue>/forum_images/uo/icons/spiny.gif[Guildmaster of, F.A.C.T]</font color=blue>/forum_images/uo/icons/spiny.gif</center><center>/forum_images/uo/icons/biggrin.gif/forum_images/uo/icons/lick.gif /forum_images/uo/icons/wobble.gif<font color=red> Kas Valentine/Cool UK </font color=red> - <font color=black> Diabolical Slacker Extraordinaire </font color=black>/forum_images/uo/icons/wobble.gif/forum_images/uo/icons/lick.gif/forum_images/uo/icons/biggrin.gif</center>

K

Kungen73

Nope I beat it with another mage, there is a spot where it cant get to you so just keep flaming it.
It took us about 10 mins or so, we got delayed cos of newbies running up to it andtrying to melee it.
They heal very fast so stay out of its "suck-area".

Kungen - Stabil som FAN.
Ooops we did it again.
- O$I

N

Nirces

As i said, i think i turned off its 'Suck power' by using magic scrolls on its statue. I've yet to confirm this thou

Proud citizen of Europa
Europa Ore Map

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok OSI, you listening? Kungen has just given you your first Khaldun flaw, a safe spot.

I trust you'll eradicate it, many thanks.

Vote Kas!

<center><font color=blue>/forum_images/uo/icons/spiny.gif[Guildmaster of, F.A.C.T]</font color=blue>/forum_images/uo/icons/spiny.gif</center><center>/forum_images/uo/icons/biggrin.gif/forum_images/uo/icons/lick.gif /forum_images/uo/icons/wobble.gif<font color=red> Kas Valentine/Cool UK </font color=red> - <font color=black> Diabolical Slacker Extraordinaire </font color=black>/forum_images/uo/icons/wobble.gif/forum_images/uo/icons/lick.gif/forum_images/uo/icons/biggrin.gif</center>

D

dragos

Can you loot green spellbooks like you could on the Test Center in Europas Khaldun?

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't believe so, me and Wend didn't get any. Did we?

Vote Kas!

B

blackspot

how do you operate the hidden door indicated on your map please?

thanks

i cannot seem tomake ti open

N

Nirces

Not sure, i think goto the bazier room and run through the south wall and hit the switch then go down the pit and do something... will check it out tonight

Proud citizen of Europa
Europa Ore Map

W

Weasel-Mode

hmm i have not been there yet though i ntedn to go with Lady next week one evening :)

T

Toady

Hey guys I felt like bringing back up the oldest post on this forum!! Isnt it funny!!

It must be frome when they first opened up KHAldun!!

H

Halo 14

OMFG!

I thought that perhaps they had opened Khaldun up on Trammel!!!

*hehe*

I had a TON of comments prepared...until I seen Kas, I knew then that things were not as they first appeared...

G

classic I didnt look and thought it was from today, I was about to disembowl all my knowledge about my old PK haunt.

went ancient leeche bashing on saturday and boy they are weak! similar loot to dragons but with a nice amount of regs, I just healed the three fighters and actually came out overloaded with regs /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif

D

Dustin of Europa

Nice post.. its interesting to see posters actually praising something EA/OSI did for once.

E

EraserheaD

Damn!!!

Fooled me there to.......
I was about to head off to khaldun expecting to see a group of *ahem* (I hate to say the word) Trammies roaming about trying to pet the ancient liches or something...

I had visions of going on a PKing fest!! and I aint even a PK!!!

*LOL*

*Accepts hes been had and slips into the shadows* =P

Status
Not open for further replies.