• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Khal Ankur Drops

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Does Khal Ankur drop any artifacts (other than costumes) now that the cult event is complete?

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe he currently drops .1-.5 SoTs, costumes, & legendary/antique items. Cult items have been turned off on shards where the latest publish is active. Only shards waiting for the Publish to go global can receive cult items from hidden chests. This is Tram, I’m not sure abt Fel drops as I’ve never been there.

Last edited:

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So no artifact/replica drops like all of the other champ spawn bosses?

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've got 2-3 pcs of the eleven Leafweave and Death's essence and Greymist armor sets from Khal...

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • Khal Ankur will no longer drop Artifacts of the Cult as of December 1st.
This mean that exact "Khal Ankur" - champ of Khaldum will no longer drop Artifacts of the Cult
But no any words about this Cult arts will stops drops from spawn.

Where is the trick?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Who knows what they will do with Khal in the future if they keep him there with its spawn. You can beat him with 1-2 correctly skilled characters, but the spawn before him is the problem, and now the rewards are not fit the effort and time. Again : Unless they change what it drops (Legendaries, etc. costumes are not worth it unless their demand/price increases, which is not going to happen since pple have more than they know what to do with them now). So poor old Khal will probably die of loneliness. One more champ spawn that will collect dust probably.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
they should just board up the khaldun entrances.

they should have worked tavara and the named chars down there into the lore. you should have been able to free their souls...

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
He needs to drop something useful... maybe rare drop of the event turn-in artifacts, like the cultist tome or first aid belt. Or at the very least a shared reward like the Lt Sash. Something more than just scrolls.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He needs to drop something useful...
yea well, most of the content in UO is in desperate need of useful drops now. =[

Thanks to the implementation of global loot & who ever had the bright idea to spawn legendaries with 1 negative and changing brittle to act no different than Imbued when it comes to durability loss.... with 2-4x as many magical properties as well as 20-25% higher intensity ranges...

not many "artifacts" are around that could compete with anything global loot-wise... literally every artifact that's of any use has properties normally unavailable to that equip slot.

the question is, how long are we expected to wait before the issue begins to get fixed?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
He needs to drop something useful... maybe rare drop of the event turn-in artifacts, like the cultist tome or first aid belt. Or at the very least a shared reward like the Lt Sash. Something more than just scrolls.
Yep..They should have him cough up NEW items like :
1> "Veterinary Surgery Pet Potion" : It respecs pets to remove an unwanted ability (Dragon Breath, Bleed, etc): Rare drop. They may even want to add this to the in game store, watch them make $$ out of this. Have the potion or tool have 3-5 charges enough for 2-3 pets.
2> " (Ultimate, Superior, Legendary, etc) Pet Power Scroll of (Wrestling,Anatomy, Resisting Spells, Parrying etc..), that have been discussed in the past, and long desired by the majority of UO players (but not by the minority of UO players). Watch the good ole Khal get busy again, as MANY players rush there to get stuff, and a spawn that will be busy 24/7, with 10x more players than the recent event. These scrolls can ONLY be used on pets. Pets now can use both these new PS AND the white PS for the same effect. Only difference is the PET scrolls can be obtained now in Tram Khal, and Fel Khal ( Fel Khal drops more, of course).
3> Keep same Khal in Fel, dropping SAME stuff, to keep the proud Fel folks happy, so they will not contaminate selves by lowering themselves to going "Tram".
4> Drop high power Player SOT's though rare, that are MEANINGFUL! Rare drops but good.
5> Rare Deco items to please our Deco folks.
6> Rare Legendaries with no negatives (i.e. ones that ARE useful, and not just trash points).
7> Etc..Etc...
(Keep on dreaming these will NEVER happen).:pie:

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This is an old thread of mine I am resurrecting. Over the course of the last year, has anyone gotten any special drops from Khal Ankur? I’m most interested in his mask. I did the spawn a few weeks ago and got lots of costumes, but nothing else of note. Interested if anyone has any new data since this thread went cold. Thanks!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You just get Costumes and the Antique Prized Legendaries.

Mask was bought from the NPC that is gone now.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just did the Khaldun Champ with my guild on Wednesday. Khal Ankur still drops Costumes, as well as the occasional Caddelite Infused weapon. Funny thing is, Caddelite Infused is no longer needed to damage the spawn or champ in there anymore.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Just did the Khaldun Champ with my guild on Wednesday. Khal Ankur still drops Costumes, as well as the occasional Caddelite Infused weapon. Funny thing is, Caddelite Infused is no longer needed to damage the spawn or champ in there anymore.
the costumes is permanent content there.
I'm hoping they will add some more costumes...
I would really like a changeling costume.

however, I thought you still had to have caddelite infused stuff.
last time i was there, i had to give my pet a tasty treat.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Cadellite infused part ended when the event no longer dropped turn in items. Your pet still gets infused when you feed it the treats, but it does not need to be infused to kill the spawn. You can feed pets the treats that were made improperly. Counts as food to all pets.

It is a permanent Champ Spawn. The one in fel drops scrolls like the other fel spawns.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If i remember correctly, didn't the Fel version of the Khal Ankur spawn drop 6 (12 with Protection) guaranteed 120 PS that were Shard Bound?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If i remember correctly, didn't the Fel version of the Khal Ankur spawn drop 6 (12 with Protection) guaranteed 120 PS that were Shard Bound?
That also ended when the event ended. You get same as any fel spawn now.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That also ended when the event ended. You get same as any fel spawn now.
Wish they would've kept it. Would've given a champ for the less populated servers to farm scrolls for their chars/pets. The x-sharders would've left the Khal Ankur spawn alone, since they couldn't just transfer the 120 PS back to Atlantic to sell.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for the updates. It’s a bit disappointing that the cult turn-in items don’t rarely drop as replicas. We’ve been tracking the Fel power scrolls (non-shard bound) and lots of costumes. I was hoping the mask may drop rarely. I vaguely remember a few people getting the mask as a drop before the content came available in 2018. However, no one has been able to verify that in the post event configuration.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I really liked this event and I wish it still necessitated Cadellite. It was cool to have to craft weapons for the dungeon. Doing the champ spawn was a fun time with a bunch of people. It's back to being quiet :/

The mask was only obtainable by turning in the cult items and not as a drop.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I really liked this event and I wish it still necessitated Cadellite. It was cool to have to craft weapons for the dungeon. Doing the champ spawn was a fun time with a bunch of people. It's back to being quiet :/

The mask was only obtainable by turning in the cult items and not as a drop.
not true.
I know a couple people that got it as a drop, during the event.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
not true.
I know a couple people that got it as a drop, during the event.
This... So the question remains whether anyone has received the mask as a drop in the post event configuration.