• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) KFC Auction (LIVE) Friday Nights 8pm EST

KingHen

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event: KFC Auction (Live)

When: Friday Nights 8:00pm

Where: KFC Auction House of course!

Hello folks! Aquarius and I wanted to take a moment at introduce ourselves to you. Recently KFC moved itself to ATL and brought our auction house with us. We have been doing auctions on Chessy for years. We took a little break and here we are again, this time in your backyard. People have been warm and welcoming and it has been greatly appreciated.

KFC is a family ran guild that enjoys doing auctions, fighting, etc. We come together to do these auctions for the community for fun, bargain hunting, and spending time with friends like you used to see in UO in the past!

KFC Auction
Aside from auctioning off your items, we offer other services and entertainment. We have lotto vendors, prizes, and finally at the end of each auction we will do a barrel war. We will put out runes during the week, but you can also get to the auction house through a Teleporter on Longtooth’s Luna house. (TY LT)
This post is a little lengthy (rules, details, etc) so for those who like to skip ahead see below.

Short Version

Starts: 8:00p EST
Item Turn In: Up to 7:00p EST (Item in bag with book, see below for example)
10% Fee for selling
Sellers pick up gold and unsold items after each auction (we will hold for you if RL issue comes up)
Lotto will be available
Free gifts and prizes
Barrel War at the end of every auction

Long Version

KFC Auction House Location
We will always put runes out, but in the case there aren’t any available you can get to us two ways. Run there or use the teleporter in Luna!

map.JPG

Teleporter Locations

tele 1.JPG

tele 2.JPG

You get into the auction by going up the red stairs.

stairs.JPG

Auction Particulars
We will start the auction at 8:00p EST. Typically we have a lot of items to go through so it is important to get started on time.

We accept items throughout the week, but specifically the day of the auction up until 7p EST. This allows us time to organize and keep proper records for a quick close at the end of the evening. During the auction day feel free to shout out for a KFC member if you want to turn in an item or have any questions.

Item Turn-In
You will need a bag and a book for each item you want sold. We provide them on vendors if you need them. The book needs to have your character name, item name/description and your opening bid. ICQ is good too if you have it, although not required.

NOTE: You will need to bring the same character used to turn in items for pickup of gold and unsolds!

Example of turn-in book

book.JPG

Fee
We do charge a 10% fee for selling with us. This gold goes to pay for the vendor fees, gifts, and auction maintenance involved in keeping this thing running.

Casting / Stealthing / Shennanigans
We know, from experience, there are always people who like to grief and cause issues. We would ask you would consider otherwise. It is distracting for the staff and the guests. If you feel you must grief, please come before the auction so we can ban you before the auction, and thus allow a smooth process through the night. ;)

Examples of Tom Foolery – casting, stealthing, griefing KFC staff or guests, etc..

Bidding
We don’t control what is requested for opening bids. Some will seem high, some low, some about right. Everyone has an opinion on this, we just ask if you would like to bid please do so. If not, then please don’t.

Items will be auctioned off similar to an auction house in RL.

i.e.
Joe Blow bids 100m, I will then type Joe Blow 100m 2-3 times quickly, then start the process of closing the bidding. Watch a few items as they are auctioned off and you’ll have a feel of how it goes.

Joe Blow 100m
Joe Blow 100m
Joe Blow 100m
Going Once
Joe Blow 100m
Joe Blow 100m
Joe Blow 100m
Going Twice
Joe Blow 100m
Joe Blow 100m
Joe Blow 100m
SOLD

We do this to be consistent and so everyone knows the speed and fairness is the same regardless of the item or who is bidding.

Payment for the item is due after winning the bid. Feel free to use the portals available or recall out to your bank of choice.

Items are paid for and picked up here.

dropoff.JPG

Lotto

Every auction night we will have Lotto vendors available for you. The process itself is simple. You buy a book for a chance to win. There are millions to win each night! If you get a winning book, please hand it to the lovely Aquarius at the location below.

lotto.JPG

Barrel War!

Aquarius’s creation here, I can’t take credit for this gem. At the end of every auction night a barrel filled with undisclosed items and is put up for bid. Just like storage wars!! Highest bidder gets the contents of the barrel! Could be good, could be bad. Perfect for your risk takers looking to roll the dice!

barrelwar.JPG

KFC Staff
Below is the KFC staff here to assist you. There are others that will also help from time to time. They will carry the (~KFC) tag.

Aquarius

aqua.JPG
This beautiful creature is my wife and co-GM of KFC. She will be responsible for the Lotto vendors and Lotto payouts through the evening. She is also the creator of the best auction houses I have ever seen, this one I love the best!

Nickole

Nikole.jpg
Nikole is my sister-in-law and her main responsibility is to take your items for me to sell, take money for items won, and hand items to those who won them.

Quilter

Quilter.jpg
This is mom. Aside from telling me what to do, her main responsibility is to give out prizes! She also does a lot of behind the scenes work! Always be nice to mom!!

KingHen

KingHen.jpg
Me obviously. My main responsibility is auctioning your items, gathering your winnings and unsolds, and ensuring the auction runs smoothly.

Bouncers

There are several, some seen, some not. They are the security against those who want to grief and cause issues. Sadly they are needed more times than we would like. Some have the KFC tag, some do not.

We hope to see you there!

Last edited:

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
That looks terrific! However for us CET'ers that is 2am so will have to try to get in on the action

Aquarius

Sage
Stratics Veteran
That looks terrific! However for us CET'ers that is 2am so will have to try to get in on the action

Oh I'm sorry! This was one of our biggest struggles when we decided to bring the auction to ATL. Having our auctions on Chessy for so many years ( with breaks of course for life issues ) Was how would ATL accept a new auction and how would it be welcomed when you are used to your "home" and how things have run. Meaning all you on ATL. Chessy was used to all timing of all auctions. :(.

We had many a meetings with our guild and other GL's on ATL and other Auction go goers to try and come up with a time frame that would fit the mold of game, life, jobs etc. We had such a struggle. We certainly did not want to intrude on any one else's toes as far as what has already been set in stone on other guilds Silent or Live auctions. We made a point to speak with everyone one of them to make sure this did not happen. With the help of Capt. Norrington and his crew as well as Longtooth with his, We finally decided on this day and time. We tried to pick something after work hours but not to late to interfere with game plays and home lives of us all including all of you.

This is what KFC is all about! Enjoy people, we enjoy community and we enjoy doing auctions. We are a guild of honor. To help, respect and come to aids of those in need.

We also have a Courthouse coming over and we will continue our Community Court Cases! ( Stay tuned for this one! ) You feel you have been wronged? You feel you have been personally injured? Take your frustration out in ATL KFC Court! Leave it up for a 3rd party to help fix a bad situation. Let's hope the jail downstairs the Courthouse does not have to be filled. ;) Once Court house is Built, We will start soliciting for jury members. You guys! We are here for the people. By- The- People! This will also include our monthly Luna Tribune News paper!

I do hope you will be able to make an auction, dear. Its on a Friday night. Maybe a beer and an all nighter is in your future? We hope to see you there!

~Aquarius

Aquarius

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Sounds awesome! Count on seeing me there when time permits!

I hope so, too!

We put great time, effort and emotions into all auctions we do. It takes use pretty much all week to prepare for an auction. What seems like a couple hour, awe this isn't to much some, is in fact hours and hours of work for a couple of hours of fun.

We all certainly hope to see you as well as many others there. Please add either of us to ICQ and we will do our best to keep things moving smoothly and maybe change a couple times here and there to make sure the ones that are in such time zones that it doesn't permit, will be able to attend one or two on an off time night ;)

Thank you for kind words. We certainly appreciate it all!

~Aquarius