• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Detect Hidden] Keep getting passively revealed, what's the detect hidden forumla?

H

Hulk Hogan

I've been searching previous posts and websites, but can't find much, and I'm not sure what's up to date.

I found this formula

Stealth + Dexterity / 2 VS. Intelligence + Detect Hidden / 2

but the poster was unsure if it was current.

I get passively revealed very very often, and I can't figure out what's going on, It seems to happen most from melee characters which makes even less sense, because I should definitely beat them according to that formula (and I'm assuming that they even have detect hidden). Currently, my thief has 120 stealth (90, plus bandanna and leggings) and 110 dex. Is my dex too low? Also my character is an elf, which I thought was supposed to help somewhat in this area...Thanks for your input.

H

Hulk Hogan

Anyone?

..I started shadow jumping next to people in order to snoop, seems to work out better...but when I do that, it makes a noise and flash on the screen..

A

Arch Magus

Sorry Bro...they F'd up passive Detect somewhere along the line. I'm thinking when they made elves.

Passive detect is BROKEN on production shards.

Just because someone is an elf doesn't mean they should negate someone's ~200 skill points in Hide/Stealth.:sad4:

I feel for ya fellow thief. Try saying that 5 times fast.:)

R

Robthemilt

avoid elves and if your going to go near one, make sure they're busy doing something else, so that they dont react to you instantly if you reveal. just because you've been seen once shouldnt mean that you have to bail.