• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Kealdia and Valvakka Videos

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just post it somewhere we can watch it. I don't want to download 34 meg of UO garbage unless it is KR, OK?
Then don't but I am not changing the way I do this simply because the sites you upload video to butcher the quality to the point it isn't worth watching.

One of the videos in today's list was 256mb of perfect quality hi res video you cannot even upload a file that size to most sites which are capped at 100mb let alone have it compressed to a mere 36mb.

What I have done is taken a video that is 800x625 in perfect quality weighing 256mb in size and compressed it in a rar that is only 36mb in size without losing a spec of the quality or having to shrink the resolution down at all.

So if that isn't good enough for people then by all means pass on it but this is the best way to do video and is the smallest most high quality you will find of UO.

G

greatpumpkinator

I downloaded all of your moves...have yet to watch them. Got them while at work on the T1...so I have to wait till Monday...but of the ones I already watched - they're neat.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I downloaded all of your moves...have yet to watch them. Got them while at work on the T1...so I have to wait till Monday...but of the ones I already watched - they're neat.

It isn't easy to capture all the videos I do but there seem to be a lot of people who enjoy them so I try to keep up with it.

It has been especially hard this last week because of the length of time between stranger spawns and then trying to catch as much of the action as I can knowing that I only have a couple of attempts per day to actually get the footage and each day the next one comes in and the last one goes out.

I am anticipating the next phase because I should have more chances to catch the strangers but I wonder if they will all be together or what all will change.

H

Hunters Moon

Maintenance Progress: 57% *sighs* *paces back and forth and waits*

S

Sneaky

Then don't but I am not changing the way I do this simply because the sites you upload video to butcher the quality to the point it isn't worth watching.

One of the videos in today's list was 256mb of perfect quality hi res video you cannot even upload a file that size to most sites which are capped at 100mb let alone have it compressed to a mere 36mb.
Well, this used to be the case, but recently YouTube has enabled high quality uploading/watching...

How can I upload Higher Quality Videos?

All you need to do is continue uploading the highest quality video you have available. The quality of the uploaded video combined with individual viewers' bandwidth will determine if the video is displayed at "Higher Quality."

Not satisfied with that answer? Still need specific information? YouTube accepts a wide range of video file formats such as .WMV, .AVI, .MOV, and .MPG. Here are a few things that may work well for you:

* MPEG4 (Divx, Xvid) format
* MP3 audio
* Video resolution: 480x360 or higher
* Frame Rate: 24fps or higher

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=91450
Yeh, downloading via your method is better for quality, but you gotta face it, more people are going to watch it on YouTube.

For an example of quality achivalble with YouTube and UO videos, see my Enemy PvP Music Video - SHQ release. This video is uploaded in 2Mb/s quality and is only 21MB.

BTW, I haven't watched your videos (yet) because MediaFile is down...

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, this used to be the case, but recently YouTube has enabled high quality uploading/watching...

Yeh, downloading via your method is better for quality, but you gotta face it, more people are going to watch it on YouTube.

For an example of quality achivalble with YouTube and UO videos, see my Enemy PvP Music Video - SHQ release. This video is uploaded in 2Mb/s quality and is only 21MB.

BTW, I haven't watched your videos (yet) because MediaFile is down...
I checked out the video link you posted but the quality to me is just unbearable. Blurry and you cannot make out any text in it at all. Full screen it is much worse.

Sorry but this is the only way I will be doing video simply because I do not feel like sacrificing that much quality so people can stream it. With 21mb of room I could do a several minute long perfect quality 800x625 video my way and the download time is the same.

Sorry about the mediafire thing bums me out because I have new videos to post both just under 15mb each and of the stranger in the fan dancer dojo tonight.

Anyhow I wish there was a better way to get these videos out there but I have been trying all kinds of different methods and this is the best one I can do. Everything else kills the quality.

S

Sneaky

I checked out the video link you posted but the quality to me is just unbearable. Blurry and you cannot make out any text in it at all. Full screen it is much worse.
Thats because you need to click...

...the link highlighted in red in the above picture!

Try it again, and do that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyMT-8aLSZY

If you need more proof of quality, see these videos, but remember to make sure your watching it in high quality!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2vRs8rdAWc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2JaBbegtVU

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did click the watch in hi res thing it didn't seem to make any difference at all.

I flipped back and fourth between hi res and standard a couple times and couldn't notice any improvement.

Actually that makes no sense I tried a few different videos flipping between the qualities and I couldn't notice a difference in the quality of any of them. Why would they say high quality if the quality does not change at all?

Kind of a bummer too because people keep suggesting this place or that and none of them are up to par at all.

Believe me I would much rather post this as a stream if only the quality were what it needs to be. Maybe not perfect like they are now but close to it because I want to be able to read text displayed in the video which cannot be done if the quality gets butchered.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hit the link checked it out in both modes it does reload but the quality is no different or not enough to notice between high and standard. No idea why though like i said it would make no sense to claim hi res if it isn't actually better.

I have watched hi def clips on other sites where the difference is incredible which is usually what I expect after seeing so many other places featuring hi and low res video. To bad none of them are sites you can upload to or I would be set.

S

Sneaky

Hit the link checked it out in both modes it does reload but the quality is no different or not enough to notice between high and standard. No idea why though like i said it would make no sense to claim hi res if it isn't actually better.

I have watched hi def clips on other sites where the difference is incredible which is usually what I expect after seeing so many other places featuring hi and low res video. To bad none of them are sites you can upload to or I would be set.
Hmm, well yeh something has to be wrong, have you tried re-installing flash player? Or making sure you have the latest version of it (I have version 9). Also whats your connection speed and internet browser?

This is the only real relevant help page I could find from YouTube...

How do I view Higher Quality Videos?
By default, your playback setting is set to normal.

If you know you have a very fast or very slow connection, you may want to change your "Video Playback Setting" in your account to "I have a fast connection. Always play higher-quality video when it's available." or "I have a slow connection. Never play higher-quality video."

To change your playback settings, follow the steps below:

1. Go to your Account page.
2. Under "Account" click the "Video Playback Quality" link.
3. Select the playback setting that makes sense for you.
4. Click the "Save Settings" button.

You can also choose to view a specific video in higher quality directly from the playback page. If the video is streaming at standard quality and is available in higher quality, you can click the link that reads "Watch this video in higher quality" underneath the video. Conversely, if you're watching the streaming video in higher quality and want to watch it in standard quality, click the link that says "Watch this video in lower quality for faster playback."

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=91449
Good luck.

S

Sneaky

...oh and...

Videos on YouTube are streamed through an Adobe Flash player. For the best viewing experience, we suggest you install the latest version of Adobe Flash after removing any old versions you've installed.

Please completely uninstall Flash before reinstalling the latest version.

To uninstall Flash, please follow Adobe's instructions, listed here: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14157

Once you're done, restart your computer and follow Adobe's instructions for reinstalling Flash: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

If the instructions above don't resolve the issue please try the following:

1. Temporarily disable popup blocking software installed on your computer to test.
2. Allow YouTube.com as a trusted site in your Firewall software.
3. Ensure other applications like Quicktime, iTunes, Real Player, or Windows Media Player aren't set as the default streaming application, as this might affect the video player.

Windows Vista users:

If the flash uninstall reinstall does not work this maybe due to a Microsoft Windows Vista permissions issue.

Please use the Windows button at the bottom left then the search function:

1. Go to: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\
2. Right-click on the following file: FlashUtil9b.exe or FlashUtil9e.exe
3. Select "Run as Administrator" and install the update.
4. Restart your computer.

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=56115&src=top5&lev=

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I certainly am not on vista. And I always have the latest flash installed because I work with flash on a regular basis. I just upgraded to CS3 actually and updated flash the day before yesterday so it isn't that causing it either.

I am disappointed with youtube all together anyhow.