• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Katana 20/20/20/20/20 damage type... DF uber slayer?

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a NON-exceptional katana I made years ago with perfectly balanced damage type: 20/20/20/20/20.

My question is, since the Dark Father's resists are euqually spread amongst every damage type, then a blow from this sword should always do the max damage in regard to damage type?

If so, then I will PoF to 255 and then Imbue it as:

Demon Slayer
HLD 50
Max mana leech or HLA 50
then whatever left over in DI (being non-exceptional cannot max it out).

S

Sir Kenga

You can't imbue color ingot weapon, crafted before latest publish.
Since the Dark Father's resists are euqually spread amongst every damage type - it doesn't matter if you hit with simple iron or valorite weapon or other distributed damage weapon, you always hit for same amount of damage.

PS actually katana can't be uber DF slayer by design :) It just won't do enough damage to keep you healed and full of mana.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've never understood the concept of "spreading out damage types". It doesn't make any logical sense.

If something has identical resists in everything, then the weapon damage type isn't going to matter.

If the target is especially low in one resist, having the damage spread out in 3, 4 or all five types will REDUCE your damage, not enhance it, as what little effect you get from the one resist being lower, will be cancelled out by the others being higher.

In other words, you're better off against a creature with a known weak resist to cast Consecrate weapon, or find a weapon that is 100% that weak resist type, and imbue it.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, it is a plain iron weapon, just has 20-20-20-20-20 damage type. I just figured that if the DF had 30-30-30-30-30 resists that i would always do damage accordingly if and when did I hit ...

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
If its resists are all equal, than your weapon will deal the same amount of damage regardless of damage type.