• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just wondering

K

kendalldcfan

Quick question.. I have been told there is a spot where one person can kill or tame greater drajons without them getting to you. I guess maybe you lead one somewhere and then teleport to a spot. I was wondering if anyone new of this spot and would be willing to share its location. I have tamed several with help from others but never solo. Any response will be welcomed. Thanks.

J

Jafanarae

I've never heard of that. I thought taming attempts stopped if there wasn't a clear path. When taming solo, I've either lead tamed or used honour (I don't have peace).

I know some people object to honour taming greater dragons, but it has an advantage over lead taming: if used before the dragon targets you, honour should mean that the greater dragon doesn't bless itself. If the taming attempt successfully completes when the greater dragon is blessed, there is a bit of a bug and strength suffers permanently (or at least that was the case when I was taming them a few months ago, it may have been fixed now).

As for killing them from a distance, I should think their ranged attacks and teleport spells might interfere with that plan a little, but I guess tactics of running into and out of range would help.

K

kendalldcfan

I kind of thought the same thing, if u can tele to a spot why cant they tele in on top of you. Anyway I have never soloed one not that good at lead taming a greater dragon. Just use the beat down with pup method, which takes two people.

J

Jafanarae

When I played the lead taming game with them, I found the open spaces in Ilshenar a better environment than dungeons. There was a healer tent nearby too! I would tame the first greater I found and then take it round killing off other greaters until I found one that took my fancy. Then I would beat the new one down, release my original one somewhere nearby so I could reclaim it later if I needed to and tame my favoured one.

That meant that I didn't need someone else with a pet to help beat it down.

In dungeons I preferred to use honour.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are several places, they all involve Y elevation changes.

They are all when done inversly, death traps.

EA/Mythic did a 60% to 70% job (if that much) on the taming change, some are incredibly stupid, stand in one spot in the house in the Bull Pen and if the Bull walks across the straw/hey bits (NOT BAILS) on the floor, your get the message.

This entire line of sight is .... incredibly FUBAR'd.

A really great example is the White Wyrms Nest. There is a mound between the two ledges, if you stand on that mound (theoretically a high point) and the WW is at one of a dozen spots that are either the same elevation or lower and you get "You can not see that ....". One spot allows the WW to be hitting on the GD standing right next to you as in you are between the WW and the GD on this mound and you get "You can not see that ...." as it is doing damage to your GD.

*Shrug* but be advised, I would think EA/Mythic would consider using one of those spots as an exploit. I do consider them an exploit given the current ... definition of taming.

You can find, quite readily, numerous places to safely tame Frenzied Ostards. A lot have been blocked but .....