• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Just wondering...

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy... in game I'm "the town drunk", and for years I've been giving GM spined suits to the new folks coming in the game in Haven and New Haven. Over the years it's no telling how many suits, weapons, and full spellbooks I've given out... but very rarely do I see any of the stuff I've made laying around the banks as castoffs...

So I was just wondering what has become of all the armor and weapons I've made over the years... If anyone has any story they like to share I would be very interested in hearing about it.

btw... off note.... a couple weeks ago I was doing some shopping thru the vendors around Luna Bank... I came upon a vendor selling a cloak "crafted by the town drunk"... it was marked for sell at 125k... LOL... it was made from the neon light blue BOD cloth... I probably dropped it at New Haven bank for the new folks... was wondering if the vendor owner knew it was a player made item or they thougt it was an event item... but it gave me and my guild mates a good laugh... the town drunk had become so famous that my clothes is now worth 125k... hehehe.

Hell's Ironworks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I drop stuff also once in a while but not as often as i would like too. Problem is some unscrupulous imbuers picking stuff up to turn em into magical residue instead of leaving them to noobers.

S

stumpyTHEdrunk

hey town drunk, I would love to get one of your suits. I will gladly pay you for your troubles if its not too much.

Your armor would look great on Stumpy The Drunk :)

my aim is stumpythedrunk. Or im usually around New Haven, West Brit, or Despise.

Hope to hear from ya!

Signed,
The Stump

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They probably know it's player made but hope someone's stupid enough to buy it.

I don't drop things at the bank, they're always picked up by the wrong people.
I have freebie vendors at my place with any jewels, armor [mostly lrc], gm instruments/slayer instruments and anything else I think is useful in any way.

I do get people that come and try to buy it all, but that's where I enjoy my ability to ban people. I ask them to please take only what's needed and leave some for newer/returning players.. If they don't I get to play with the ban button. :gun:

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had mixed results dropping items in new haven. After dropping a good amount of mid-grade armor and weapons I was amazed to watch someone come over, grab them all just to smelt them into ingots. My polite request to leave some for the new players was ignored.

Even when I try and help a specific player I often find they have a short attention span. I'll explain how it will take a few minutes to gather, or even custom make armor, weapons, runebooks, spellbooks or whatever they happen to need... I return and find the player has left... and I'm sitting there with a bag of goodies for them.

And then there are the folks that pick up stuff to put on their vendors... Come on! Let the new folks have a crack at something nice.

It doesn't stop me from trying to help folks, but I tend to pick and choose players that I can see are really trying to learn the game and are in for the long-haul.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats wise !

Ironic that the real world so resembles this virtual world isn't it ?

D

Draken-Korin

I dont find it ironic at all. Human nature is human nature, be it real world or virtual.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well it wouldn't be ironic if it were merely random coincidence... but the body of evidence seems to indicate a genuine intimate relationship... something very intelligible.

I am not sure you are willing to accept that prerogative, however.

I submit that the game was purposefully created for that purpose ; to ironically root within human nature a new seed.

Do you honestly expect something less from a member of Phi Kappa Psi ?

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cear... I used to do it on Siege... making GM armor for the PVPers, hehehe... I'm illegal Means on Siege.... but I haven't played there in a long time... places seems empty.

Kayne.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My first suits were made by Vivi my RL friend, and Draconi (yes.) in 2001

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think if I was a UO player for a while and offered a position like Draconi was, I'd refuse in a sane fear of breaking high hopes.

That or I'd go crazy about knowing what I can do and what is allowed to be done, and end up in the psychiatric ward...