• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

just wondering at 530 am why do faction guilds get way better items ?

CountSilverbow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is it to reward people for being a groupie , or to help out those who arent capable of being half way decent with out all the faction stuff... im just wondering what purpose does it serve to help the game other than enticing people to join them because they have way better things than a regular guild...
and then they have the nerve to mock the free citizens of vesper tram what gives lol :gee::confused::confused::(:stir:

i think i figured it out it must be because if all the lumberjacks of tram minoc got special faction axes all the trees in fel would be chopped down in a day or two .... am i right ?? am i right ??? " nugdes "

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
There's a trade off. Pro: get better items. Cons: stat loss after death; walking targets.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's a trade off. Pro: get better items. Cons: stat loss after death; walking targets.
It would seem logical to me that the faction bonuses on faction items should drop to normal when the person enters Tram.

I guess it just makes too much sense :confused:

Lady_Emma

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am going to complain about the new faction arties they you have put into this game. I think that the idea behind these arties, when you initiated them, was that newbies could join factions, form alliances, make friends get all the very best items in the game and compete with established players and they could do all with virtually no skill and very little effort.

The problem that has arisen from this easily acquired gear is that new players are not the ones that are benefiting from it. This is because equipment will not make new players without a lot of game experience into pvpers. New players get the gear and think they are invincible only to find that they are easily killed by more experienced players.

So who is taking advantage of this new faction elite gear? The answer to this question is: established pvpers and their guilds. They are taking their war horses, nice gear, speed hacking cheats and play experience and killing everyone that tries to play in Fel. In effect you have created the next generation of shard bullies.

I know that some of you are saying, “if you don't want to die, don't go to Fel”. Well most Fel players don't mind dieing or a good fight. They have died hundreds, no thousands of times in doom while trying to acquire their arties. They have died thousands of times to spawn while getting scrolls and died thousands of time to pvpers. What they do mind is being killed by people that are so well equipped that they can not be killed by any reasonable means and whom have such great defense chance, hit chance and damage increase suits and weapons that they can kill even the best players with a couple of spells or hits.

So you say, “why don't you join factions”. The answers to this question are; faction play is unique and different from most other types of play and it does not appeal to everyone, and getting arties by killing a few monsters and players, (many of whom were crated only to die), is undignified and is an insult to players who have spent years horning their skills and building their equipment.

In addition, seasoned Fel players have not only spent time learning to be good players and building up their equipment, they have also spent many real dollars on their accounts and upgrades. If they were interested in factions they would have already joined a faction group. I do understand that you want to build a faction segment of play but you should make it so that faction gear can only be worn and used in faction play. Then faction players could enjoy their faction activities and non faction player could enjoy their spawning, hunting, and pvping without the fear of being slaughtered.

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well your post makes absolutely no sense in multiple ways... I'm not sure even where to start. Faction items were implemented in order to revive faction PvP which allows fights to end much quicker than before (stat loss). And if your going to complain about gear being too good you should be focusing on imbuing...not faction items. I don't know of any faction items that let you have virtually any mods on your jewelry you want. I understand the reason why your not complaining about imbuing though because you, as a typical trammy, can utilize it. If you were in factions I guarantee you would not be complaining about faction items. Now with regard to dci/hci, both are capped at 45 so I'm not sure how faction items have any affect at all. 40 dci is simply an imbued weapon (15), armor of fortune (15), quiver (5), and garb (5). That's with 0 faction items...not including glasses. Also, I'm positive new players had nothing to do with faction items...or anything else in UO for that matter. When is the last time you saw someone with a new player tag? No one plays UO except for people that have been playing it. I think the point I'm trying to make here is the trammies that cry about hacks, cheats, gear, and so on need to actually PvP for a change: then they might actually find something legitimate to complain about.

A

Altec

I won't use my factions gear in tram if they keep the tamers out of fel. What a deal!!! :thumbup:

W

Wonton fooey

Ill PvP again if they find a way to stop the hackers and scriptors.

silent death197831

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well they will never be able to stop the cheaters and hackers unfortunatly but us legit players have over the years found ways to kill even the cheaters so that is one complaint that i have quit even worrying about. If a hacker kills me then they kill me i know in my mind that i am good enough they had to cheat to beat me so that just tells me that i am just that much better then they are.