• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] Just want to double check

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With the treasure map changes, I am adding GM mining to my treasure hunter. I also have it on my blacksmith. Is there any reason, other than smelting, or benefit to having mining on the blacksmith? I just want to be sure before I dropped it from the smith.

Thanks!

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Mining gives you more ingots back when you resmelt items/use a salvage bag too. I want to say it's something like 30% at 0 mining, and 50% at 100 mining, so it can make a bit of difference there on the plate items that use more ingots and you get non-exceptionals. But then just drop them in a bag in your house and swap characters to actually use the salvage bag.

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"But then just drop them in a bag in your house and swap characters to actually use the salvage bag." That was my plan. Thanks for the reassurance.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Other than smelting/salvaging their is no other perks to keeping it on your smith. I keep mine stoned unless I am mining or thunting just transfer back and forth as needed takes about 2 min at most

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
As I know now blacksmith is count for recycling ingots so you needn't mining on a blacksmith.

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the responses! I just Gm'ed mining on my treasure hunter - so now I will drop it from my smith. I guess I should finally get some soulstones, would have been much easier!