• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just tossing out an armor idea. A crafters "Masterpiece"

H

Hunters Moon

Cloth armor. Besides headwear,clothing serves no defence against attacks of any kind. I propose that the Devs add a system to allow us to embue cloth armor with mined gems and regeants received while chopping trees and fishing. To make it worth the while for us crafters,it should at least match artifacts,but at a high price. Here are a few examples that comes to mind.

"Robe of the Abyss"​
Mods:100% resist to Shadow and Cold damage​
-25% to all other resists(Minus 40 resist against fire)​
Mana regen 10- HP regen 5- Stamina regen 5​
Durability:5/5 ~~ Can't be insured/blessed. Can't be repaired​
Regeants: 250 Dark Saphires,250 large shadow iron ore,50 pieces of blackrock,100 scrolls of Summon Daemon​

Edit: Because it will be a "masterpiece" only one can be in circulation at a time by any one crafter.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A bit unbalanced and over powered in my opinion but the idea is still a good one.

I always thought it would be cool to have some type of crafting addon allowing crafters to produce items that were unique. Some thing that was kind of random in a way.

maybe give it a low success rate but if you pull it off allow you to name the item whatever you want and have a special crafted by tag rather than the current crafted by tag. the name could also have a different color like light blue so that it stands out from other items even more.

I just think it would be a lot cooler if crafters could be a little more unique from one another.

Just imagine sitting at the bank when people see you and say hey your the one that crafted <insert cool item name here>! seriously that would be a great feeling wouldn't it.

H

Hunters Moon

A bit unbalanced and over powered in my opinion but the idea is still a good one.

I always thought it would be cool to have some type of crafting addon allowing crafters to produce items that were unique. Some thing that was kind of random in a way.

maybe give it a low success rate but if you pull it off allow you to name the item whatever you want and have a special crafted by tag rather than the current crafted by tag. the name could also have a different color like light blue so that it stands out from other items even more.

I just think it would be a lot cooler if crafters could be a little more unique from one another.

Just imagine sitting at the bank when people see you and say hey your the one that crafted <insert cool item name here>! seriously that would be a great feeling wouldn't it.
Yes I do think the success rate at 120 skill should be about 3-5%. You say my example would be overpowered? How so? And if it is....well why not? Crafters have been the whipping boys of UO long enough. Crafters get something good and spawn farmers always get something better.

S

SilentFoxXy

Basically- Enhancing, but enhanced enhancing.....

Guess they want to steer away from the foibles of adding runes to lots that we find in every trash FTP Korean grindathon on the market....

Verk

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First off, crafters are very unique and it is absurd to think that spawn farmers are pulling better things than crafters. I am not sure what shard you are on, but on Great Lakes, and I would say most of the shards, armor from barbed kits make up every suit for pvpers and pvmers. These pieces sell for more than many of the artis that make up the rest of the suits. There may be some impressive armor and items that come from peerless and such, but hands down the bulk of the weapons and armor being used come from crafters burning kits and hammers.

As for crafters producing unique items, there are a number of ways to make your master pieces stand out. Such as dyeing them or naming them.

When I am on my smith in a town I get approached daily by people who have seen my armor or wield my weapons. These individuals commend my actions and it is one reason why I am as active as I am. We do not need more colors that detract from the soul of the game just so that crafters can stand out further. If you really want to make a name for yourself as a smith do bods, get kits and hammers, make armor and weapons, and sell them. People will recognize the name on the pieces you create.

I burn hammers daily and I have seen how powerful some pieces are. We do not need some uber artifact masterpiece...we were already given it in the ability to create runic armor, runic weapons, jewels like ecru citrine rings or artifacts like stitchers mitten. If developers add anything else it would just unbalance the game further. And for once the game has been the most balanced it has been in years.

C

Connor_Graham

"Mods:100% resist to Shadow and Cold damage"

Shadow damage is WoW is it not? UO doesn't have Shadow anything aside from iron...

L

linko50

whats to stop clothing items of mass armor properties from being blessed, that would totally suck....... uber blessed suits......