• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just too d*mn funny

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Got an email from support. It stated that an account I have is being terminated because it is not set to renew - which is a load of BS, but more on that later.

I wrote them back telling them they are mistaken and they sent ANOTHER note asking for info. What I love is 2 of the required items:
1. Email associated with account. Ummm, the one you sent the damn note to? The one that is responding?
2. Account name. Unhhhhh the one you are threatening to terminate? The one that was in YOUR note?

Gotta flippin' love it. Now, as for not being set to renew (still dunno if I'm gonna keep it or not), that part is true BUT I paid for 6 months within a couple days of August 25th. CC has it clearing on the 25th. Now, add 6 months to August and you get February .... not bloody November! Is this some sort of new math?

Just blowing off ... I should really have expected idiocy on this one.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Got an email from support. It stated that an account I have is being terminated because it is not set to renew - which is a load of BS, but more on that later.

I wrote them back telling them they are mistaken and they sent ANOTHER note asking for info. What I love is 2 of the required items:
1. Email associated with account. Ummm, the one you sent the damn note to? The one that is responding?
2. Account name. Unhhhhh the one you are threatening to terminate? The one that was in YOUR note?

Gotta flippin' love it. Now, as for not being set to renew (still dunno if I'm gonna keep it or not), that part is true BUT I paid for 6 months within a couple days of August 25th. CC has it clearing on the 25th. Now, add 6 months to August and you get February .... not bloody November! Is this some sort of new math?

Just blowing off ... I should really have expected idiocy on this one.
Are you sure its from them? Maybe someone trying to get the information to log in on you.

I get emails for games I don't even play. Get one from WoW and I never played it. Even get Prime and Netflix ones

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Are you sure its from them? Maybe someone trying to get the information to log in on you.

I get emails for games I don't even play. Get one from WoW and I never played it. Even get Prime and Netflix ones
Original note was sent from mythic.ea.com. I followed the instructions and contacted support@ultimaonline DOT com which is the address according to account management pages.

Whenever I get fishy stuff I always check return addresses. I've gotten WoW stuff and even things from banks in my area. The bank stuff is because someone got malware and that was sending to the world. However, the account I use for this particular UO account is NOT used for anything except that.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I got this last year, I didn't believe it so I trashed it. It looked like a legit email too. I've had no issues.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I paid for 2 accounts on the same day, same CC. Got a note from EA noting the irregularity and asking that if I did not make the transactions to contact them. Since I had, I did nothing - as the message indicated.

But now here we go again with billing FUBARs. One of the accounts is locked out because of the non-renew flag being off (reason for this thread) - even tho it was renewed on Aug 20th. The other account shows proper Feb 2021 end date. So by my calculations they owe me $64.79 (6 month rate) that was not applied to the account in question.

What I want to say on this needs to be done in Unleashed if need be. This is ridiculous.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And ... todays chapter follows. What I have been told is that the account in question was not set to renew. When I made payment on it, their billing system gladly accepted my funds even though they would not be applied. There was no system warning that I could not pay on a non-renew (from their standpoint) subscription.

Upshot was ... after lambasting them nicely about crappy billing code that *I* did better in the '70s I asked for the names and address of their legal representation so my attorney could contact them. Let's see how that one flies, shall we?

PS - the last time someone took me on (and my late wife too), we won that case WITHOUT legal representation in court at all. I like waging an uphill battle because I've won all the ones I've had so far. We had documentation that time and I have credit card statements to show my part of this.

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
They did this to all of my accounts recently. I had to go through each one, resetting the dates I had carefully set for payments to ones not nearly as good, and start all of them up again, same accounts, same email, same contacts, same everything. Ridiculous. Truly.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My contention is that their shoddy billing allowed me to make a payment against an account that, by all their b*s, should not have been paid upon because the renew flag was off. I wrote better billing software in the 70s when I was a rookie programmer, for cripes sakes.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
<sigh> After some back and forth, Broadsword still cannot grasp the fact that their accounting software allowed me to mistakenly do something I shouldn't - to wit allocate payment on an account with the renewal flag set off. Sooo, they got funds they should not havbe because the software did no checks.

I just popped this off to them:
======
You really do not understand English, do you? The issue is simple:

I allocated a charge of $64.79 against <edit out> in August.
According to you, this was not possible because of the renewal flag setting.
YOUR billing system accepted the payment because the flag status was not checked.
YOUR Terms of Service and License do not state the billing restrictions as regards the renewal flag.

Summary: Because YOUR software allowed me to pay for an account that - according to you - should not have allowed funding, you owe me $64.79 since I cannot use <edit out> due to lockout status. And if you think I am going to hand over yet another $64.79 you are sadly mistaken.