• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just to clear things up a bit....

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are just as many anti-social, griefing *******s in Trammel as there are in Felucca.

This is a fact.

This fact is known to all players that play BOTH facets.

The only players that are unawares of this fact are the ones that only play in Trammel.

The reason that they are unawares of this fact is because they are trying to talk about something of which they have NO KNOWLEDGE.

And for the record; if you are one of those posters that feel like you have something constructive to add when bashing Felucca because "you played there years ago", yadda,yadda,yadda.... You dont!

If you havent played in Felucca for a very long time(as you all state) then you obviously have no knowledge of anything other then ancient history.

Peace :)

D

D'Amavir

There are just as many anti-social, griefing *******s in Trammel as there are in Felucca.

This is a fact.

The only players that are unawares of this fact are the ones that only play in Trammel.

The reason that they are unawares of this fact is because they are trying to talk about something of which they have NO KNOWLEDGE.

And for the record; if you are one of those posters that feel like you have something constructive to add when bashing Felucca because "you played there years ago", yadda,yadda,yadda.... You dont!

If you havent played in Felucca for a very long time(as you all state) then you obviously have no knowledge of anything other then ancient history.

Aside from one word that you shouldn't have used, bravo!

H

Hungry Cheetah

come play in siege, it's fun, that way you don't have to worry about trammel.

X

Xel Naga

This is a fact.

I don't get it...?

Was this thread supposed to be part of another thread or something. It seems I missed the initial drama that would have gone before a response like this :(

:popcorn:

C

Clarifier

This is a fact.

Maybe even more in Tram :) Anyway,there never seems to be a shortage of grief no matter where you are. I don't get people who won't go to Fel because they may die or whatever. It's a video game, you die in video games, you loose progress and stuff in video games when you die. What's the big deal? Myself, I enjoy both places! Don't like to limit myself. I also own a Ford and a Chevy :) Best of both worlds etc :)

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I play both sides of the gate currently, and at least on Chessy I can honestly say that the one's I see most often being anti-social griefing jerks are the same one's I see on BOTH sides of the gate or their alts. Yea there are exceptions I know quite a few jerks that are Tram or Fel only, but I'm also still of the mindset that PvP and PvM servers shouldn't have a way to go between. You want PvP fine have an entire shard for PvP...you want PvM fine have an entire server for PvM not this Which side of the moongate do I want to be on today....

N

Nastia Cross

I play both sides of the gate currently, and at least on Chessy I can honestly say that the one's I see most often being anti-social griefing jerks are the same one's I see on BOTH sides of the gate or their alts. Yea there are exceptions I know quite a few jerks that are Tram or Fel only, but I'm also still of the mindset that PvP and PvM servers shouldn't have a way to go between. You want PvP fine have an entire shard for PvP...you want PvM fine have an entire server for PvM not this Which side of the moongate do I want to be on today....
Oh yeah cause segregation solves everything...

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Lac!

Long time :)

Btw, the other Goldberg is now on Siege full-time and i just started there.

For the record...

I only started this thread because it drives me nuts to see damn near every thread hi-jacked and turned into a bashing of the so-called 'values' of Felucca players.

It would be bad enough if it was being done by people who have knowledge of Felucca(but it isnt as 99% of all Felucca players know all other facets just as well) But its just plain ridiculous that Felucca players are getting generically bashed by players that have never even spent any real amount of time there(most of them NO time)past or present.
Because you peeked your head through a Fel gate a year ago and got pked means that the entire facet is a cesspool? Lol. You didnt realize that pking was a vital and healthy part of the game since day one? Probably not :(

Who honestly thinks that this kind of senseless behavior could possibly be good for the game in any way?

20 fools crying on these boards about something they know nothing about does way more to hurt the overall health of the game then any amount of pks

Of course I realize that this thread will most likely end up in S&R but I still felt the need to mention it :)

E

Eslake

And those of us who play both sides NOW and still say the real lowlifes are in Felucca? ;)

Yeah, I find jerks in Trammel too. In Tram it isn't unheard of to have someone come along and try to take a kill from you, or to fireball something you're trying to tame. And if you hang out in Luna all day, you'll see at least 2 or 3 people being generally rude.

But in Felucca, anyone you come across that you don't already know is probably 90% likely to be rude. Those that don't attack you for even saying "hello" (or calling someone else in to do it), will quickly resort to the familiar old "wt% are you doing in Felucca?" "Go back to tram!" garbage.

In the last 3 months, I've met exactly 2 people in Felucca who I didn't already know that were willing to say "hello" back. One had just killed my miner (he mistook me for a scripter since I was afk and my character just standing there doing nothing) and the other was a Lumberjack.

I don't know how many people I find in a week, since I sometimes find it is actually someone I already know on an alt or a new character. But I would guess around 10/facet and in 3 months, 2 of those in Felucca have had enough humanity to say Hello.

So yes, maybe everyone in Fel is an alt of someone in Tram or vise versa. Maybe there are just as many jerks on one side as the other.
But in Trammel they aren't even Remotely as likely to BEHAVE that way.
---

If you disagree, I'll be glad to prove it.

I'll pick a shard and we both make a character there, then go around just saying "Hi" to people in Tram.
Then we go to Felucca and do the exact same thing and tally the results. ;)

M

Mr Moosestache

You should PM me your ICQ's. You may have just talked me into starting a char over there. Malcate is playing full time there as well.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And those of us who play both sides NOW and still say the real lowlifes are in Felucca? ;)

Yeah, I find jerks in Trammel too. In Tram it isn't unheard of to have someone come along and try to take a kill from you, or to fireball something you're trying to tame. And if you hang out in Luna all day, you'll see at least 2 or 3 people being generally rude.

But in Felucca, anyone you come across that you don't already know is probably 90% likely to be rude. Those that don't attack you for even saying "hello" (or calling someone else in to do it), will quickly resort to the familiar old "wt% are you doing in Felucca?" "Go back to tram!" garbage.

In the last 3 months, I've met exactly 2 people in Felucca who I didn't already know that were willing to say "hello" back. One had just killed my miner (he mistook me for a scripter since I was afk and my character just standing there doing nothing) and the other was a Lumberjack.

I don't know how many people I find in a week, since I sometimes find it is actually someone I already know on an alt or a new character. But I would guess around 10/facet and in 3 months, 2 of those in Felucca have had enough humanity to say Hello.

So yes, maybe everyone in Fel is an alt of someone in Tram or vise versa. Maybe there are just as many jerks on one side as the other.
But in Trammel they aren't even Remotely as likely to BEHAVE that way.
---

If you disagree, I'll be glad to prove it.

I'll pick a shard and we both make a character there, then go around just saying "Hi" to people in Tram.
Then we go to Felucca and do the exact same thing and tally the results. ;)
Uhhh, if you really believe that the only measure of good behavior is a simple greeting then you are sorely mistaken IMO.

But to use your line of reasoning I will clearly point out why I believe Trammel is just as bad.

My mule Goldberg Inc. on Atlantic burns mad barbed kits every day. For years I have only kept the very best and the rest I just disperse to nearby players(quite often I leave Felucca just to burn kits in Haven so brand new players reap the benefits)or leave on the ground.

Every day/week dozens of Trammel players take the armor. 99% of the time they dont even bother saying hello and 95% of the time they dont even say thanks. When I see one player(sometimes already well equipped)taking all the pieces I kindly ask him/her to leave what they dont need for new players and they rarely ever do! They are greedy slobs and take it all. In Trammel!

What does this say about Trammel? Hrmmmmm

T

T_Amon_from_work

it's not that they are necessarily greedy slobs ... it's because they CAN be greedy slobs - without penalty.

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
come play in siege, it's fun, that way you don't have to worry about trammel.
now that is a laugh... the suit that kage was pimping last night was as stacked and any banksitting trammy on any shard!!

Figures that after almost 10 years I finally try Siege only to have it destroyed with this joke of a patch!!

To the OP, I agree, due to the fact the you have no recourse against them Tram is loaded with wiseguys and lamers. One only needs to hang around the WBB/Luna to see the children play!!

E

Eslake

Uhhh, if you really believe that the only measure of good behavior is a simple greeting then you are sorely mistaken IMO.
Am I?

Then please explain how you can guage the way in which someone interracts with you without interracting with them.
There has to be SOME kind of initiation of interraction. And since we can't shake hands or anything in the game, saying Hello is the alternative to throwing a flamestrike at someone.

I guess you consider attacking someone friendly social behavior, and actually giving a greeting as somehow antisocial?

A

Aboo

This is a fact.

Although I don't necessarily disagree with you, I believe there are inconsiderate idiots that play BOTH Trammel and Felucca, your post is, in my opinion, very rude and unnecessarily mean to people who play only in Trammel. You might make your point better if you didn't start out insulting people?

D

D'Amavir

Am I?

Then please explain how you can guage the way in which someone interracts with you without interracting with them.
There has to be SOME kind of initiation of interraction. And since we can't shake hands or anything in the game, saying Hello is the alternative to throwing a flamestrike at someone.

I guess you consider attacking someone friendly social behavior, and actually giving a greeting as somehow antisocial?
for many trammel players, a greeting is done to see if you are there. If you dont respond the 'friendly' greeter lures spawn, drops boxes or even arranges for you to talk to a gm. Then the 'friendly' greeter moves on to 'socialize' with the next person. Ya, saying hello is always the sign of a mature player. Sure. :thumbup1:

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This is a fact.

The only thing I would change about your post is the inference to the number of *******s in Fel to the amount in Tram.
My experience in the last 10 years is that Tram has more.
:thumbup1:

shanshu

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This is a fact.

Thank you!

Thank you for telling me what I do and don't know. I was afraid no one was going to. It was touch and go there for a minute, but you came through.

You are my hero.

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play on Chesapeake, and I have a mixture of friends...some play only Trammel, some both, some prefer Felucca.

Since returning, I have had alot of help from other players to adjust to the changes and get equipped, etc. Alot of that help has come from PvPers and those that prefer Felucca. Some of them I didn't even know very well at first, but they took the time to answer questions and give me a helping hand. A friendly "Hello" goes a long way when you are a new player or starting over and don't know anyone. I appreciate everyone who has helped me out or just said hi...it makes my shard feel like home.

There are always going to be jerks in any group, and sometimes I think they tend to overshadow the friendly people. Everyone's experiences differ of course, but I have met just as many kind, helpful PvP oriented players as any other playstyle-group, at least on Chessy.

So thanks fellow Chessy residents...all of you have made me feel very much at home again. :)

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a reason this thread wasn't IMMEDIATLY moved to Spiels and Rants?

P

Prince Caspian

Yup.

Nah, I'm sure there's lots of Trammel-exclusive people who have run into plenty of ******* All-Stars.

A shotgun approach to Fel whiners, but yeah, I can see where you are coming from. A lot of people scarred by jerk PKs back in the old days think that Felucca is just PK land. It isn't. Felucca has plenty of things (such as factions) that are unique experiences.

I've been on this topic several times. All I can say is, the PKs are like sharks. Sure, they are a danger, but there's a lot more to the ocean than just them.

D

D'Amavir

Is there a reason this thread wasn't IMMEDIATLY moved to Spiels and Rants?
I assume it cause certain people are doing certain things to other pro fel threads and havent check the pm's their friends sent them about it yet. Just a guess.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You won't see me posting in threads about gardening..... Because I don't know crap about that playstyle.

I agree 100% with the OP, if you haven't spent at least 100 hours PvPing in Fel you should never be allowed into a Fel/PvP discusion. Period.

A

Altec

And since we can't shake hands or anything in the game, saying Hello is the alternative to throwing a flamestrike at someone.
Just wondering but would you say hi or shake hands with someone you don't know on a battlefield(fel).

There are alot more jerks in trammel. If you don't understand that fel is a battle ground you should not even be playing uo. We fight for control of the towns, we fight for powerscrolls, and we fight for fun. Its not being rude its being fel. What the hell do we need to say hi for.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are elitists and snobs on every facet of every server. The numbers and degrees of elitism and snobbery vary, but it's still there regardless.

In most games nowadays, comments that you see in this game are not tolerated if paged on. Even calling someone a "Noob" will get you a warning sometimes, depending on how it was said. While I think that some people do tend to be oversensitive, I also think that EA needs to revamp their policies to reflect the government's new anti-cyber bullying laws.