• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Just pulled a Level 5 map from Brit docks with 35 fishing...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never heard of that! The only maps I know of from fishing come from sea serpents and are only level 1 or 2. (plain or expertly)

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you shure, that you are fishing on official shard and not a free shard?

E

eekamouse

Lol. I was on Sonoma. I was finally getting around to putting fishing on my Treasure Hunter, and then a map popped into my bag... and I thought, "Weird, thought I had to be on a boat."

Then I looked at it, and said Deviously.

Must be a bug, or just REALLY really rare... or both :)

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is clearly somthing amiss here

Maps while fishing only come off the corpses of the serpeants fished up in deep water.

Please let us kow if you succeede again at getting somthing other than a plainly as all i have dredged up in the past 40 some odd hours is only Plainly.

:gee:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
While not from fishing, per se, I just had something weird happen while out fishing.

I was trying to fish up an SOS between Nujelm and Dagger, and was sailing from my last spot, which was west of Nujelm.

At about 66 N 144 E, I ran into a naturally-occuring water elemental.

I killed it, and what do I find???

One of the underworld/Ter Mur Ancient Pottery Fragments for the one museum quest in the Royal City!

Note, this was in Trammel, about mid-wat between Nujelm, and the cost north of Vesper (where the ranger huts are, south of Sacrifice shrine).

Very Strange indeed....

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think (unconfirmed, personal opinion) any creature that spawns in Underworld or the abyss has had gargoyle items added to its loot table. A water elemental spawns below the teleport maze just outside the ankh shaped room.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think (unconfirmed, personal opinion) any creature that spawns in Underworld or the abyss has had gargoyle items added to its loot table. A water elemental spawns below the teleport maze just outside the ankh shaped room.
Camp wisps and pixies for imbuing essences?

G

Gowron

I've been getting pottery fragments and magic gargoyle items from time to time from the water ellies in Shame as well.