• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just got a castle! Need some help please?

G

Couple of questions actually, in a castle, you can't decorate the grassy bit in the middle? Is only just where the steps are? (or am I doing somethign wrong?)

Also, I remember quite some time ago, you could lock down parts of items (like large forges, stone tables etc) and keep part of them not locked down and chop them. I know you can't do that anymore, but I kinda have a tickle in my brian telling me about using Goza's to help chop tables in half?

How do you do that please?

And if anyone has decorated castles to help give me ideas, please feel free to post pictures! =D I need to get rid of some "grey" =P

G

I made a little design with water barrels in the grassy areas and flowers on the steps. It's not much but I like it.

Congrats on your castle!!

G

Thanks! So you can dump waterbarrels down, do they get "locked down" or can anyone come along and empty them out and take em away? (and if they get locked down, why can't we put other stuff there - plants at the very least!
)

And thanks for the congrats! =D I'm enjoying it so far, I even have one whole (small) room decorated! LOL!

I did figure out the stone tables and goza mats too - now I just gotta mine up enough "shadow iron" granite for two more large tables
And I'll test and see if it works with forges too

G

no you just plop them down and they're there. They can be emptied by anyone, but since my castle is private no one can get in to empty them. You can't lock anything down in the middle, I wish they'd change that so I could put flowers and trees out there.

G

Oh! Thanks!

Yeah, it would be nice to put at least flowers and trees out there! =D Ah well! Back to decorating (and sorting out my stuff! Wow what a mess! =D)

Thanks Falon!

G

hey chicka!!! wtg on the castle scratch taht off your wish list now!!
if you want some ideas pop around to mine or to missE's for some ideas.

G

I'm always looking for good castle deco ideas, post pics please.

G

There were a lot of nice ideas posted for keeps in this thread recently. The thread expanded, and there were some castles (including links to pics of Miss Echo's fabulous castle), and lots of ideas that can be adapted for castles in there as well.

We had one here, but it got locked because we got too rowdy.

Heh, j/k...Orvago locked the redundant post here to avoid confusion, because the identical one on U.Hall one was getting more attention.

Have fun with your new spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace!

-Skylark

G

Ooh, where's yours Katlene? =D MissE took me for a walk through hers the day I got mine, her home one, not the museum, and I keep knocking on doors of every other one I walk past to be nosey
(not that I've had much time outside of decorating to do so at the moment =P)

Skylark - thanks heaps for that thread! Some really nice idea to pilfer *coughs* I mean, admire in there! =D

I've got 3 rooms done so far! Well, two and 9/10. I've just got to keep thinking of things to cover all the stone! Worst things about castles is all that grey stone!

Queen Aglaranna

2011 Winter Deco Contest
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look for me ingame Teeshy or ask someone in PoC to yell out to me. I will give you a tour of my castle

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

.....Worst things about castles is all that grey stone!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. If you go to Europa, hit Yew Moongate and head straight down south - my castle is the second castle on your way. Second grass area you come to. I have tried to cover up the grey stone as best as I can.

Congrats on your castle