• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just for the records

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I want to get back into pvp, but since Garth also has all of the crafting skills, and I still like doing Heartwood for runics, it's difficult to commit my packhorse to VvV right now. Can someone bring back the old justice guild, or blue guild, or whatever you guys called it ? The guild that protected or came to assist when trouble brewed ? Just curious why it hasn't happened.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In a nutshell, a young PVMer only needs 100 LRC and a Colossus for most encounters. Some might take some time, tho...
If all you want to do is farm low -mid level critters and train skills. LOL Spamming RC the answer to everything :)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For most big bosses, too. 5 Colossus can eben Take down the Stygian quickly.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And how many of us hunt in groups of 5? I would say the bulk are Solo hunting and like myself running high end gear so we are equal to 5 poorly equipped PvMs. Not trying to be offensive but I will take a well equipped solo over a crap equiped group.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We hunt in groups of 2-5. More people = more loot on the corpse, and if its a boss we can churn them out for more chances at a drop.

Also, irrelevant for us but a PK will think twice if they see a few rather than one.

Last edited:

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I want to get back into pvp, but since Garth also has all of the crafting skills, and I still like doing Heartwood for runics, it's difficult to commit my packhorse to VvV right now. Can someone bring back the old justice guild, or blue guild, or whatever you guys called it ? The guild that protected or came to assist when trouble brewed ? Just curious why it hasn't happened.
heartwood runics you say? I am looking to buy fletching runics if ya have any you don't want. I even like the oak ones but of course I'm mainly looking for the ever elusive ash runics...paying good money for them too!

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
And how many of us hunt in groups of 5? I would say the bulk are Solo hunting and like myself running high end gear so we are equal to 5 poorly equipped PvMs. Not trying to be offensive but I will take a well equipped solo over a crap equiped group.
I think the doctor is about to hit the ignore button on you.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know, I bet all you have to do is click the "banish poster" button, then move the bulletin board to a different house and click the button again.

GIL, can you confirm that this is how you're exploiting game mechanics? The crappy baiting attempt in gen chat to get us to post on it made me leery.. then Zora was banned from all houses without ever having visited some before.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know, I bet all you have to do is click the "banish poster" button, then move the bulletin board to a different house and click the button again.

GIL, can you confirm that this is how you're exploiting game mechanics? The crappy baiting attempt in gen chat to get us to post on it made me leery.. then Zora was banned from all houses without ever having visited some before.
Can't speak for GIL but that is how I do it. And as this was a topic that came up shortly after the bulletin boards came into game and it was deemed to be legal and not a exploit of game mechanics at that time....... And I have seen nothing contradicting that in the many years since, seems it is a Feature and not a Exploit :)

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Sounds like Zora's been naughty.
Speaking of naughty, you wanna enlighten us how your guildmaster was able to steal a deed box from the auction from 1 or 2 stories below?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking of naughty, you wanna enlighten us how your guildmaster was able to steal a deed box from the auction from 1 or 2 stories below?
Do you really need to ask?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Zora was banned from all houses without ever having visited some before." Don't know why but this makes me laugh, for a bunch of folks that think they are slicker than whale poop in a ice flow........ they sure ain't very bright.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Zora was banned from all houses without ever having visited some before." Don't know why but this makes me laugh, for a bunch of folks that think they are slicker than whale poop in a ice flow........ they sure ain't very bright.
It makes you laugh because someone got an exploiter with an exploit.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's for you to figure out *wink*

I'll mention, though, that when magery came out, this was brought up and deemed legal.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry guys, but if it is possible to share a bulletin and the bannings inside it, that's pretty shi**y and petty.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry guys, but if it is possible to share a bulletin and the bannings inside it, that's pretty shi**y and petty.
Why? just allows you to keep unwanted people out of your houses. Can't see where that causes any harm.

Of course take it to the next step. If it is possible to make your house private and only let friends and co-owners in..... following your logic would that not be pretty Sheety and petty as well?

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Speaking as an auctioneer on Atlantic, I know exactly how he did it and how to prevent it from happening.

There is a particular angle that lets you literally pull an item through the floor, you can grab items from the 4th floor while standing on the 1st floor if your standing on the right tile. However, it doesn't work unless you are standing on the correct couple of tiles, so the way to prevent it from happening is to block those particular tiles on each floor by putting something they can't walk through on top of it. The wooden boxes NPC's sell is what I used and it worked perfectly.

They grab the item by standing on the correct tile and then holding down the control + shift keys to bring up "all names" they then click and drag the name of the item they want and can pull it through the floor. It works in reverse also, you can pull items off the 1st floor from the 4th floor too.

IDOC'ers do it all the time to grab loot that gets stuck in the air, and unfortunately it is completely legal to do it. It's a trick that's been around for years.

Also, yes sharing a bulletin board to ban people is allowed. Once someone posts on a bulletin board they can be banned from any house in the game just by moving the bulletin board to the new house for a minute to press the "ban" button on their post.

I have actually gone as far as buying a bulletin board from a complete stranger solely to ban one particular person from my house who was causing problems at my auction but was too quick to hit with the normal ban button.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking as an auctioneer on Atlantic, I know exactly how he did it and how to prevent it from happening.

There is a particular angle that lets you literally pull an item through the floor, you can grab items from the 4th floor while standing on the 1st floor if your standing on the right tile. However, it doesn't work unless you are standing on the correct couple of tiles, so the way to prevent it from happening is to block those particular tiles on each floor by putting something they can't walk through on top of it. The wooden boxes NPC's sell is what I used and it worked perfectly.

They grab the item by standing on the correct tile and then holding down the control + shift keys to bring up "all names" they then click and drag the name of the item they want and can pull it through the floor. It works in reverse also, you can pull items off the 1st floor from the 4th floor too.

IDOC'ers do it all the time to grab loot that gets stuck in the air, and unfortunately it is completely legal to do it. It's a trick that's been around for years.

Also, yes sharing a bulletin board to ban people is allowed. Once someone posts on a bulletin board they can be banned from any house in the game just by moving the bulletin board to the new house for a minute to press the "ban" button on their post.

I have actually gone as far as buying a bulletin board from a complete stranger solely to ban one particular person from my house who was causing problems at my auction but was too quick to hit with the normal ban button.
Was not sure if that was considered a exploit in a house, thanks for clarifying. And on a side note it is a really handy trick for moving those 60,000 stone chest from floor to floor :) It is unfortunate however that some use it in a negative way even if it is legal.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Very good. Thank you for clarifying. We have been accused by the guildmistress of a well-known guild and by HI-5 of cheating because we used the Bulletin-Board for this purpose. Must have been selective perception.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And people always wonder why I go straight for the bulletin boards at IDOCs :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

Even when it is legal, using the trick/bug to grab stuff like the Community box or using the other to ban players from shops/houses where they had not cause trouble is a very dishonorable action and something I never would do. If you had tryed to ban them normal way and they still cause trouble I see no problem but ban someone from all shops to make it very hard for them to play here, I don't like that, legal or not, it's just not ok in my book.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Very good. Thank you for clarifying. We have been accused by the guildmistress of a well-known guild and by HI-5 of cheating because we used the Bulletin-Board for this purpose. Must have been selective perception.
Thought we had a deal Doc. A deal count both ways.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all, I banned Zora, because he had caused trouble. No idea why anybody would even believe that he camped my house for peaceful purposes.

Secondly, you accused us in GC of cheating, right when I talked to Zora publicly in that matter. You were not part of this conversation but you felt that you should comment it and tell us cheaters. So, tell me, who does not stick to the deal? And remember your chessgame-comment?

So, back to the deal, hmm? I will be nice, will you? ;)

And I will continue to ignore this nonsense. I just noticed it, because I got a PM from another player asking me if you went crazy now... Not me saying that...

Peace on earth, I just want to play a computergame for which I am paying - without being annoyed (and with being annoyed I don't mean being PKed but things like using my ingame-name, spreading lies and making WWII-jokes).

Thanks.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
<18862725>Joline Maza: put a bulletin board up.. for voting Hi5 out..
<1489167>Crunch: that will work
<18862725>Joline Maza: and got already 6 yes votes
<1464013>Freja: going to use the bug to ban them from other houses with that board?
<1489167>Crunch: yea i was wondering how i got banned from like 7 houses
<1489167>Crunch: is there a bug?
<1464013>Freja: I'm sure it is a cheat using it that way

Joline called a GM and was told it was legal. You was not a part of this conversion so just stay out of my way Doc, we are done. I may be crazy, but so are you :p

Last edited:

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
First of all, I banned Zora, because he had caused trouble. No idea why anybody would even believe that he camped my house for peaceful purposes.

Secondly, you accused us in GC of cheating, right when I talked to Zora publicly in that matter. You were not part of this conversation but you felt that you should comment it and tell us cheaters. So, tell me, who does not stick to the deal? And remember your chessgame-comment?

So, back to the deal, hmm? I will be nice, will you? ;)

And I will continue to ignore this nonsense. I just noticed it, because I got a PM from another player asking me if you went crazy now... Not me saying that...

Peace on earth, I just want to play a computergame for which I am paying - without being annoyed.

Thanks.
If you want to play the game without being annoyed then as kelmo would say go back to trammel. If you really have a problem with a PKs playstyle then Siege is not the place for you. Just because someone has a different playstyle than you you make countless cry threads about wanting them off the shard. This is an all fel ruleset, and its what makes this shard unique. Your not safe anywhere. You only pvm which can be done on any other shard, if you didnt actually want the risk to be here then why did you come here?

This trick is just as legal as posting bots at dungeon entrances that you all seem to be doing then posting about the **** you know nothing about claiming cheats.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Freja, check your log again. It was Zora and me talking. He wondered why he couldn't enter my house. I bet you will find this passage, too. Ok? Just the facts, as always. And I didn't say you are crazy, read more thoroughly.

But it is futile. They all told me not to battle with you in public because you would never ever admit any mistake.

It's okay. The posts of that other guy dont interest me.

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Back to ignoring. Better for all of us. Have a nice weekend.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you want to play the game without being annoyed then as kelmo would say go back to trammel. If you really have a problem with a PKs playstyle then Siege is not the place for you. Just because someone has a different playstyle than you you make countless cry threads about wanting them off the shard.
"Different playstyle". I chuckled.
Wait, I´ll put it in a term you´ll understand: LOL. Or is it Lolz? I can´t keep up with the PvP lingo these days...

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
"Different playstyle". I chuckled.
Wait, I´ll put it in a term you´ll understand: LOL. Or is it Lolz? I can´t keep up with the PvP lingo these days...
LOL is good enough. What I meant by that is players who come to Siege to murder players in all parts of our gigantic land mass. What did you think it meant?

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even when it is legal, using the trick/bug to grab stuff like the Community box or using the other to ban players from shops/houses where they had not cause trouble is a very dishonorable action and something I never would do. If you had tryed to ban them normal way and they still cause trouble I see no problem but ban someone from all shops to make it very hard for them to play here, I don't like that, legal or not, it's just not ok in my book.
The only ones making it "Very hard for them to play here." Is them via word and deed. They are not banned from "ALL" shops only the people and guilds they have vowed to destroy. LOL if someone has a gun and no bullets and threatens to kill you.... Are you going to sell them the bullets?

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nah, Tyrath. It's all our fault. We should show them respect, stop hiding and let them kill us. C'mon, this is Siege! We just didn't get it. They are the good ones, we are the idiots. Defending, hiding is not fair! They are poor, peaceful people only searching for some entertainment. We are the haters and badasses. Show them some love, set your chests and doors to "anyone" and wear your best suit and a backpack full of rares, when you invite them. They are sooooo cute! ;)

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nah, Tyrath. It's all our fault. We should show them respect, stop hiding and let them kill us. C'mon, this is Siege! We just didn't get it. They are the good ones, we are the idiots. Defending, hiding is not fair! They are poor, peaceful people only searching for some entertainment. We are the haters and badasses. Show them some love, set your chests and doors to "anyone" and wear your best suit and a backpack full of rares, when you invite them. They are sooooo cute! ;)
This post's reasoning brings that scene from Jurassic Park to mind.

jurassic poo.png

It's deep. :)

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is getting really weird. I can farm most of the stuff we need and whatever else I buy from Igg or Freja. None of us need your stuff. We realize that nobody will touch us so we can just farm at our own leisure and kill whoever we find when we check spots. Everyone take a step back, breathe, and give me a high five.