• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just for the records

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yesterday's record:

Cletus Del Roy, killed and looted dry by Zora at Cove 3, afterwards kept away with Energy Fields from the next healer.

Donie Brasco, killed and looted dry in front of my museum in Safe Haven by Zora, no safety in Safe haven.

Sora Blackfoot, killed and looted dry by HI-5 at the shadowguard.

No complaints from me, just the facts for all readers.

I heard from all three players that they are considering to leave SP. I can hear you calling: "If you are not hard enough for Siege, then leave." Everybody can make up his/her mind about what shard we get this way: dead and no events anyways. Congratulations to these people and their nice friends.

But that's a different story. This thread is just for readers who want to be safe from raiding: Avoid these places as well as the painted caves, where Sarah has been killed and looted dry.

I will update when I get new info and I will not respond to provocations.

This as a service for keeping the truth alive against lies and aggression.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
They have a lookout at Shadowguard, hes been hiding behind a post in there so he can see who pops in and opens the door. I have seen him myself. There are 2 different ones. One is Zoras alt. They are blue.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, every bit of Information helps. We should un-mask them and their lies. They are not here for Roleplay or VvV. It's not about GIL or whatever BS we are told. It's okay for me, but we should publish their plans and traps in order to protect players.

Aroz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I dry looted Kelmo at underworld.

Also, don't forget about the event ;)

Aroz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Also, if you're that butt hurt about losing a suit, it sounds like PRODO is for you ;)

*insurance*

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sounds like Siege has reverted back to Pre-Tram with the PKs and all their arrogance.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And for the Records: Zora is using one of his accounts with the name Dr Alzheimer2. Thats not me. I will stay out of GC for a while.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Zora is using the fake account to try and attempt to lure folks to the Safe Haven museum. The last 4 of the false Doc's ID is 6959.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Zora is using the fake account to try and attempt to lure folks to the Safe Haven museum. The last 4 of the false Doc's ID is 6959.
Thank you, Kelmo. Good to see that there is still some dignity out there!

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Yesterday's record:

Cletus Del Roy, killed and looted dry by Zora at Cove 3, afterwards kept away with Energy Fields from the next healer.

Donie Brasco, killed and looted dry in front of my museum in Safe Haven by Zora, no safety in Safe haven.

Sora Blackfoot, killed and looted dry by HI-5 at the shadowguard.

No complaints from me, just the facts for all readers.

I heard from all three players that they are considering to leave SP. I can hear you calling: "If you are not hard enough for Siege, then leave." Everybody can make up his/her mind about what shard we get this way: dead and no events anyways. Congratulations to these people and their nice friends.

But that's a different story. This thread is just for readers who want to be safe from raiding: Avoid these places as well as the painted caves, where Sarah has been killed and looted dry.

I will update when I get new info and I will not respond to provocations.

This as a service for keeping the truth alive against lies and aggression.

Have a nice day.
Dont people choose to play here for the added risk that murderers might come and kill them? These people get killed once and want to leave the shard? I think people want to play here with the idea of PKs, not the reality. Does it not make your hunt you were able to do much more satisfying that there is a real threat out there? I dont get it. You want to play Siege, but then make cry threads about people dying. This is a place where everything you do means much more than any other shard. With out those people out there you might as well be playing in trammel.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Doc. I have some experience with impostors. This trick rarely works on a community like Siege. Unfortunately the few that will fall for it will likely be new folk that only know of you from the forums and such. I will try to keep an eye out for 6959 and warn people.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doc. I have some experience with impostors. This trick rarely works on a community like Siege. Unfortunately the few that will fall for it will likely be new folk that only know of you from the forums and such. I will try to keep an eye out for 6959 and warn people.
Thank You, Kelmo! Greatly appreciated!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dont people choose to play here for the added risk that murderers might come and kill them? These people get killed once and want to leave the shard? I think people want to play here with the idea of PKs, not the reality. Does it not make your hunt you were able to do much more satisfying that there is a real threat out there? I dont get it. You want to play Siege, but then make cry threads about people dying. This is a place where everything you do means much more than any other shard. With out those people out there you might as well be playing in trammel.
Did the OP say he was leaving, NO he did not. Just like the typical PKer answer Aroz #6 and the troll remarks.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did the pvp on production shards dry up or did they just get chased off ? Seems that a lot of the pvpers from Atlantic have chosen to take up the challenge here vs pvmers and rpers.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dude. He made a thread about how we PK people and then said three people were considering leaving because of it. Feanaro was obviously referencing that. Reading comprehension fail or horrid attempt at a troll, as per usual. Good work Frodo boy!

Also, what is this bug I hear about concerning bulletin boards and house banning? Can anyone fill me in?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did the pvp on production shards dry up or did they just get chased off ? Seems that a lot of the pvpers from Atlantic have chosen to take up the challenge here vs pvmers and rpers.
Do you mean the Chat PvPers or the PKers, I think both went to Siege, sorry Seige.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's pretty active on production shards. We still play on all of them. Siege is just something new for some, and for me it is a nice re-visit.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And you can't deny that we aren't making things interesting. Several people have ICQ'd me telling me how bad SP needs a villain.

As for the three players considering leaving - I'm sure it was just knee-jerk reaction to being violently PK'd and looted. I quit Siege the first time VmP killed me in solen hives.. then I started playing again a week later and ended up joining them. Now I'm a 12 year UO vet. Either way, I implore them to stick around as that sort of risk is what makes Siege exciting.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege has been relatively safe for several years now. A lot of folks have forgotten how brutal Siege was and can be. Old habits die hard for me and I have never changed my overall reclusive play style. Many who have been here a while know what I talk about when I say that the overall shard will revert back to it appearing to be a totally empty shard, when in fact there are a lot of us on going about our business as always. Rarely will the PKs ever find us and if they do most of us are quite adept at escaping them. New folks need to forget their prodo play styles. While in peaceful times on Siege they might be great....... In times like these that style of play will leave you face down ass up naked in the dirt.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Laugh it up fuzz ball. I am not going anywhere... Your type is what goes lookin' fer better hunting grounds. We are always going to be here. You do not have the stomach to commit. I get that See ya soon and maybe even next time.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chased off if listening to Prodo GC is any indication.

Becca

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And you can't deny that we aren't making things interesting. Several people have ICQ'd me telling me how bad SP needs a villain.

As for the three players considering leaving - I'm sure it was just knee-jerk reaction to being violently PK'd and looted. I quit Siege the first time VmP killed me in solen hives.. then I started playing again a week later and ended up joining them. Now I'm a 12 year UO vet. Either way, I implore them to stick around as that sort of risk is what makes Siege exciting.
Funny that. I was pk'd often by vmp and I never thought about leaving like you did when I was new and until they left.

Aroz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Siege has been relatively safe for several years now. A lot of folks have forgotten how brutal Siege was and can be. Old habits die hard for me and I have never changed my overall reclusive play style. Many who have been here a while know what I talk about when I say that the overall shard will revert back to it appearing to be a totally empty shard, when in fact there are a lot of us on going about our business as always. Rarely will the PKs ever find us and if they do most of us are quite adept at escaping them. New folks need to forget their prodo play styles. While in peaceful times on Siege they might be great....... In times like these that style of play will leave you face down ass up naked in the dirt.
I've had 3 people escape me total. The other 20+ have died.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Funny that. I was pk'd often by vmp and I never thought about leaving like you did when I was new and until they left.
It may have to do with the facts, it is way harder to replace a useful PvP suit than a useful PvM suit.
You can easy PvM in a 100-200k suit, special on some PvM templates, but try to PvP in a 100-200k Tina Tink suit. A young PvP'er won't success kill anyone in PvP as most PvP'ers on Siege will try to max out the mods and to do that, they need a good guild or lots of soulstones. The value of a good PvP suit may easy be 2-5 mills, that's hard to replace for a young PvP'er.

Aroz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

*casts incognito*
*says em event is out of gzone somewhere randomly*
*thanks for the suit*

"I have some experience with impostors. This trick rarely works on a community like Siege." - Kelmo

Aroz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Also, if my pic gets reported again @Captn Norrington , this is inside my house, it is colored floor titles, no percentages, nothing illegal. All my pics get reported for no reason so atleast just think and look at the pic before any action you think should be taken because they are just trolling me with reports.

Becca

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It may have to do with the facts, it is way harder to replace a useful PvP suit than a useful PvM suit.
You can easy PvM in a 100-200k suit, special on some PvM templates, but try to PvP in a 100-200k Tina Tink suit. A young PvP'er won't success kill anyone in PvP as most PvP'ers on Siege will try to max out the mods and to do that, they need a good guild or lots of soulstones. The value of a good PvP suit may easy be 2-5 mills, that's hard to replace for a young PvP'er.
Did you read his post he was pvming in solen hive when he was attacked and looted not pvping and was way back not now because it was vmp that got him. and suits were not the same as now.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That simply is not true, PvM suits for top tier PvM are just as expensive and hard to build as top tier PvP Suits. A max luck Tamer Suit with max resist, MR, MI, LRC and 190 Luck per piece plus the turn in Jewel set ain't cheap by a long shot. No Difference in a Dex Suit for top tier PvM than a PvP suit, same mods are just as useful in PvM. Weapons differ quite a bit as the slayer property is more useful than some of the PvP props. Then get into the cost of runic hammers and kits and if lucky you get legendary and arti drops to enhance the suit. How many runic hammers and kits does it take to build near perfection, I do a happy dance when it is in the first 20 tries and still happy if I get it done in 50. And then buring the charge on the forged metal tool for enhancing and the imbue fails trying to cram anything else into it that might fit. Most PvMs run junk not because it is good or even works well but because it is next to impossible to replace those suits.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OMG I bet you wish you were in Gen Chat making these claims. Does it make your chest puff out and your little boy chest hairs tingle?

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That simply is not true, PvM suits for top tier PvM are just as expensive and hard to build as top tier PvP Suits. A max luck Tamer Suit with max resist, MR, MI, LRC and 190 Luck per piece plus the turn in Jewel set ain't cheap by a long shot. No Difference in a Dex Suit for top tier PvM than a PvP suit, same mods are just as useful in PvM. Weapons differ quite a bit as the slayer property is more useful than some of the PvP props. Then get into the cost of runic hammers and kits and if lucky you get legendary and arti drops to enhance the suit. How many runic hammers and kits does it take to build near perfection, I do a happy dance when it is in the first 20 tries and still happy if I get it done in 50. And then buring the charge on the forged metal tool for enhancing and the imbue fails trying to cram anything else into it that might fit. Most PvMs run junk not because it is good or even works well but because it is next to impossible to replace those suits.
My luck suit would cost maybe 20-30 mil to replace on Siege, and some of you may remember how long it took to acquire. Tyrath is right, a good (legitimately good) PvM suit is very difficult and expensive to put together. PvP doesn't have any singular claim to fame in this regard.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My luck suit would cost maybe 20-30 mil to replace on Siege, and some of you may remember how long it took to acquire. Tyrath is right, a good (legitimately good) PvM suit is very difficult and expensive to put together. PvP doesn't have any singular claim to fame in this regard.
A lot of folks think just throw max luck on a suit and the PvM is good to go. If you have any luck suit with 2400+ luck 70s resist, 100lrc and mana regen you are sporting a 14-15 mil suit. Get all that and add in a soul charge shield some DCI on the weapon and shield and squeeze in some hp or stam regen you tip into the big money real fast. Took me well over a year to make, farm legendaries with a natural 150 luck to enhance with the other props I wanted and get the luck suit I wanted. In hind sight I would have gladly paid 30 mil for it, but try buying something as simple as a armor of fortune for the centerpiece of the suit......... Or the 140 blackthorn robe or kimono. We just tend not to lose our suits multiple times daily :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
That may be true, but a young PvP'er die a lot more than a young PvM'er. As a PvP'er (new to PvP), a crappy PvP suit will be useless vs a good PvP'er, even if they 2-3 young together, but a crappy PvM suit is not useless vs monsters, it just take a little longer and 1-2 young friends do help get the target down.

That's why we need Fel bonus on Siege including the extra luck, and for all facets. People can't afford a suit like that on Siege.

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Funny how all those three people were me apparently. Once when I doing despise where you couldn't kill me and I was even able to finish the spawn. The second time was when I was doing Shadowguard with a friend and I was able to teleport us back to the orchard before you were able to kill him. The third time was also Shadowguard when you and your pals had blocked the teleporter area with bag balls and I still made it out alive. I can't have been the only person lucky enough to get away on Siege...

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also, if my pic gets reported again @Captn Norrington , this is inside my house, it is colored floor titles, no percentages, nothing illegal. All my pics get reported for no reason so atleast just think and look at the pic before any action you think should be taken because they are just trolling me with reports.
Keep cropping them to death and you should have nothing to worry about.
:D

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny how all those three people were me apparently. Once when I doing despise where you couldn't kill me and I was even able to finish the spawn. The second time was when I was doing Shadowguard with a friend and I was able to teleport us back to the orchard before you were able to kill him. The third time was also Shadowguard when you and your pals had blocked the teleporter area with bag balls and I still made it out alive. I can't have been the only person lucky enough to get away on Siege...
Tyreth Escaped Zora 7 times now, Between the 4 Tyraths 3 escapes, Dragon Food 2, Grand Zoogie 4, Mongbat 4, Old Uncle Perv 13. Yeah this little snivelling creature will get lucky one day and catch me not paying attention and make a big production about it :) But the way I am counting it the escapes alone, not counting the Thefts and E Field incident Tyrath 37 Wins HI-C ZERO. Also not counting the day Zora thought she was going to catch someone at the Abyss Goblin Spawn because I was just watching the other 2 people farming the Goblins and warned them via the Sentry Zora was inbound....... They ran out and I hung out watching Zora run around like a idiot trying to find who the EVs belonged to. So technically there are 40 Total Escapes. Sorry Zora but you are a straight up liar and more than a little incompetent. But keep the big talk up makes you sound really scary LOL.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That may be true, but a young PvP'er die a lot more than a young PvM'er. As a PvP'er (new to PvP), a crappy PvP suit will be useless vs a good PvP'er, even if they 2-3 young together, but a crappy PvM suit is not useless vs monsters, it just take a little longer and 1-2 young friends do help get the target down.
TFrom my perspective a crappy PvM suit is just as worthless as a crappy PvP suit. But I also solo pretty much everything so the gear I run on my tops 3 characters is a lot different than I wear on my thief or lesser characters. You ain't going to take lady M down wearing a 200k suit solo. Just last night I lost the bulk of a top tier suit to a Dark Father forgot to put gold in his account to the rez and had burned up my sacrifice so run out of the guantlet, rez go all the way back to the island, get another gold skull and a mid level suit, all the way back through doom to the guantlet get my corpse and find half my suit gone and the DF goes poof, Fortunately A lich Lord had snagged my AF and soles. The rest of that suit that went poof with the DF worth about 7mil. The most annoying part the DF was down to about 5% health. Stupid mistakes on my part by forgetting to put gold in that toons bank, Being to lazy to work sacrifice back up to knight but trust me losing high end suits and pieces is not unique to PvP :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
But you may accept, you die less than a young PvP'er and a few friends, who would try to fight Zora instead of just escaping him :p
But the way I am counting it the escapes alone, not counting the Thefts and E Field incident Tyrath 37 Wins HI-C ZERO

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But you may accept, you die less than a young PvP'er and a few friends, who would try to fight Zora instead of just escaping him :p
Well of course no different than a young PvMr who tries to melee a Paragon Rotting Corpse, it ain't going to end well for the young PvMr. But it was their choice to go up against something that moves that fast and can drop that much damage at an incredible rate. I probably Die less than a lot of people but I still die a lot. But I also choose fights that I have at least a 30% chance of winning.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
You should have seen the rush to check who was coming in the gate at the War room. I sent Governor Vixen to the Meet and Greet there with my list of questions, and got a escort from a few of the HI5 staff. Because she was not orange to them was why she managed to escape. ;)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In a nutshell, a young PVMer only needs 100 LRC and a Colossus for most encounters. Some might take some time, tho...